Knott's Berry Farm question

eargal

Mouseketeer
We will be at Knott's on Thursday May 4th. Will we need any sort of a plan to make sure we see what were interested in? Is there any chance that it will be crowded?

My guess is no, it won't be crowded. What you see depends on what you like. If you are coaster freaks, do those first. They usually have the longest lines, especially Ghostrider and Silver Bullet. Try to get dinner at Mrs. Knott's. Their chicken is great. But stay away at lunchtime. You have to wait too long.

Don't worry about crowds on a weekday at Knott's-they're won't be any! We were there Sunday the 23rd (last official day of Spring Break here) and the crowd level was low. We walked on to most rides, including their best coaster, Xcelerator! The hours for when you go are 10-6 and you should be able to ride everything once or more! My DD6 and I went last year in on a weekday and she rode 26 rides that day and I was also able to ride a few coasters too! We have an AP-it's very cheap too!

As for the chicken, what we do is get the "Chicken to go" from next to door the restaurant. It's alot cheaper. :goodvibes Tehre's also a bakery right there too! One thing we learned a couple of visits ago was if you get the chicken to go, ask for it fresh from the kitchen-a CM told us that-and it is hotter, much better-I love their wings. :banana:

If you have young children traveling with you, be sure and look at the heighth requirements as many of their rides are geared towards older kids. I remember one year we went and our kids were only tall enough to ride the stuff in the Camp Snoopy area...it was kind of disappointing for them. Had I been able to talk to them about it before we went, I think it would have "softened the blow".

Thank you for all the input! Sounds like it will be a nice easy day. I do have a 4 year-old going with us but he is plenty tall for any ride he would be brave enough for. I'll go over the ride options and rule some things out for him based on height or scare factor.

He's 49 inches but is intimidated by loud or dark rides. For example, at magic kingdom in Sept. he LOVED Big thunder (I think he went on it 10+ times) but did not like Dinosaur or the Haunted Mansion. He tolerated them with earplugs but did not enjoy them at all and spent most of those rides with his head burried in my chest.

Obviously he won't be going on the big new coaster/thrill rides but I may feel him out for Ghost Rider. Anyone have experience with this ride for little ones? Is it more intimidating than Big Thunder?

Ghostrider isn't anything like Big Thunder--it's a big, brain rattling woodie--huge drops, twister elements, lots of head-choppers. It's my fave coaster, but, it's not for the faint of heart. If you're going to feel him out for anything, try Jaguar. It's a very tame steel coaster (read boring).

I have heard gohst rider is an instant headache ! Watch out for that one, the kida are of knotts even has a little coaster!

We were at Knotts last week, we hardly left Camp Snoopy it was my daughters favourite park. We did however do Jaguar (huge q) which is a nice gentle rollercoaster (she is almost 6 but only just getting into coasters. Camp Snoopy has some rides which are not at all lame like the skate board, the camp bus also gave me a certain amount of tummy lurch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter