Knotts Silver Bullet and GhostRider

VegasMike21

<font color=blue>I couldn't stop laughing when the
Are both of these rides pretty intense? I'm not much of a roller coaster rider, have been on a few but not many....just wondering how intense these rides are. California Screamin' I could handle with ease, but what about these coasters? Thanks.

Ghost Rider is a great ride. I don't usually go on wooden coasters as I just don't feel safe but I gave this one a go - and loved it!!!

As for Silver Bullet, it's a MAJOR coaster IMO. It doesn't let up. After one kind of loop or twist, there's another. I know that's the idea of coasters but I've never been on a coaster like this before. Not even at SFMM. I felt a bit queezy after riding but DD was as white as a sheet. He's usually fine with any kind of coaster/high adrenaline ride but this really made him take a turn for the worst. He's vowed to NEVER ride it again.

It's NOTHING like Screamin'.

Ghost Rider is a great ride. I don't usually go on wooden coasters as I just don't feel safe but I gave this one a go - and loved it!!!

As for Silver Bullet, it's a MAJOR coaster IMO. It doesn't let up. After one kind of loop or twist, there's another. I know that's the idea of coasters but I've never been on a coaster like this before. Not even at SFMM. I felt a bit queezy after riding but DD was as white as a sheet. He's usually fine with any kind of coaster/high adrenaline ride but this really made him take a turn for the worst. He's vowed to NEVER ride it again.

It's NOTHING like Screamin'.

twists, turns, and loops don't bother me, it's just drops.

Silver Bullet is very smooth and to me, not that intense because of it's smoothness (though there's some good gs in some of the inversions). Ghostrider is my all-time fave coaster. It's wood, therefore it's very bumpy,. esp toward the back. I prefer the front. Ghostrider has lots of drops, though. To me, Ghostrider is a work of art--the perfect combination of a classic double out-and-back with a few twister elements to make it interesting.

If drops are what you don't like then maybe you'd be alright on Silver Bullet. The drop into the first loop after the climb is probably the worst.

As iceskatejen says, Ghost Rider has a lot of drops. And I don't know about anyone else but those kind of drops REALLY make my belly go.

You decide. :)

We just did both for the first time last week and thought Silver Bullet was outstanding, but not for the faint of heart (which we aren't. ;) )

Ghost Rider didn't get a thumbs up from any of us, but not because of the layout. It's a terrific ride in itself, but sadly, the way it rattles your brain is terribly uncomfortable, and we're dedicated, die-hard coaster fans who have ridden dozens of wooden coasters. Maybe because of that we're not willing to give high praise for a brain-scrambler, which Ghost Rider certainly is.

I'm glad we did it once (again, the layout itself is fantastic!) but I wouldn't rush to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter