• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kodak P880? any other suggestions?

Shelby5514

<font color=87005b>John Taylor is my guilty pleasu
DH is looking at the Kodak P880. Can anyone give me some feedback on it? We will be using it for vacation and Ebay. I know there are alot of cheaper cameras out there, but we would like to get a nice one. We currently have a little HP635 with 2.1MP and 12x zoom. It does OK, but we would like to upgrade. One of the things we LOVE about the HP is that it takes AA batteries and we have 6 sets of rechargables with a 15 min charger. We also have many SD cards that we would love to be able to use. Looking at the $500-600 range. Is there a camera out there that would be better suited for us than the P880? This is SOOO much more complicated than my old 126 instamatic with flashcubes!

Thanks!

I am no camera expert, but I looked at this camera for a question a while back and thought it was great. It has so many features (it even has a hot-shoe for pity sake!) that if you ever wanted to get creative, this would be a great camera for that. We have a Kodak DC4800 and it came with the rechargable Li-ion battery, which were great, charge fast, last long. We do not use the LCD (which by the way, this camera has a 2.5 "!) to take a shot, so our batteries lasted forever.

I looked it up on Steves , but it says that it will be a little time (few weeks) till he puts up his conclusion. so if you can wait, I would probably want to see what he writes. You can do some research here for his best bets cameras. And DP review has a forum which may also be helpful. Good luck!

Go to this web site and read the reviews

www.dpreview.com Go to the left and move cursor over cameras then move over to camera manufacturers and pick and click. It will then show all the cameras. Read the reviews.

Also look at the Canon s2 IS and Panasonic FZ30, and Kodak P850. They have image stabilization and zoom of 36-432mm, 35-420mm and 36-432mm respectively.

We ended up buying the Canon S2 IS and LOVE it!!!

Good choice. I'm in the market and am waffling between that and the panasonic fz30. Just having trouble in deciding what features I want. Decisions, decisions!! Where's that perfect world. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter