Krispy creme

In a word, KK donuts are "HEAVEN".
THEY ARE NOTHING BUT LARD AND SUGAR. BUT I CAN SAY IT'S THE BEST LARD AND SUGAR I'VE EVER HAD. I EAT THEM WITH TEARS STEAMING DOWN MY FACE, BECAUSE THEY HURT MY TEETH SO BAAAD! BUT I GLADLY SUFFER!!!:crazy:
:wave2:

Live about an hour and a half from their HQ in Winston-Salem.

Y-----U-----M!!!!!!!!

If I drive by the local shop and the "Hot Doughnuts Now" sign is lit, my car just automatically goes there.

However, when I'm in a particularly fattening mood, here's the dozen I get (for me and the family):

2 cinnamon apple filled
2 raspberry filled
2 icing filled (with chocolate on top)
6 bavarian cream filled (with chocolate on top)

Around here, people even serve them in place of wedding cakes sometimes. My sister contemplated this, as she hates cake, but decided to go with 10 different varieties of pie at her wedding reception.

I would have never believed it--we purchaed a 1/2 dozen glazed with chocolate frosting in Tucson at 10am on a July morning. Because we already had several free hot of the belt donuts, we didn't eat the 1/2 dozen. Due to unexcepted errands, they sat in the desert heat untl 3pm. I expected they would be a mess. Guess what---looked just great and tasted great as well!

I don't know what they do to their glaze or frosting but none of the donuts tend to have the glaze melt away into the box by the end of the day.?????

Originally posted by wendym
Harrods have them!!! There was a huge publicity drive a couple of months ago - somthing like £1 each! (almost $2). Wendy

Yep, when we were visiting London in September they were giving away FREE boxes of them at underground entrances. DH & I both grew up in the South, so we got a little giggle to see all of the Londoners flocking around for boxes of our FAVORITE doughnuts! DH said it should have been illegal - Krispy Kreme addiction is almost as bad as herione addiction! :p BTW, if they're not hot when you buy them, 10-15 seconds in the microwave gets them warm & gooey again!

Originally posted by mm lover in Ia
If you get them when there hot they just melt in your mouth and are very addictive!

That's what I was going to say! They are as light as air, so you can eat 3 or 4 of them without even batting an eyelash! I have seen people almost cause an accident, making a U-Turn into that "HOT DOUGHNUTS NOW" sign! I try not to drive past the KK in our town, it only gets me into trouble. NO comparison to Dunkin'(tasteless) donuts. They do have a taste actually-kinda like cardboard. BTW, after hot glazed KK, raspberry filled are the best. (IMHO) :teeth: (They need a "yummy" smiley!)

Originally posted by kozmo
I want one too!

Hey Kosmo, I see you are in Michigan. I am from there, in-laws still are. There is a KK shop on Telegraph (NB) between Goddard and Michigan Ave-closer to MA. Sorry, can't remember more cross streets, I have been gone from there for 19 years, and noticed it about 2 years ago while heading up Telegraph. Maybe there are more in Michigan!::yes:: Good luck, it will be worth the search!

So when I order my first ever batch of Krispy Cremes in Kissimmee in July what do I ask for? Give me a suggested sample so I get an all-round experience. (Oh, and by 'I',I really mean 'we' because of course I'm going to share with the rest of the family!!)

Ok for all you breakfast treat junkies, I found a website that has copied (very well-very, very well) the Cinnabon recipe! I tried it with my bread machine, and although it took a long time to make them(most of it bread machine and rising dough), they were worth it-wonderful! Anybody interested in the site name?:teeth:

The Poly and the Wilderness Lodge both have Krispy Kremes in their food courts. DD gets one every morning for breakfast during our vacation.

I had my first krispy creme doughnut experience on 4/1.......we only wanted to try the glazed right off the fryer. well the guy at the register said it was free whenever the red "hot doughnut" sign was lit. Of course i thought it was an april fools joke, but it wasn't. Whenever the red "hot doughnuts" light is on, you can stop in for a free hot glazed doughnut (at least in east measow LI you can........yummy! Talk about melting in your mouth.

Confession time...

In 6th grade we did a KK fund raiser. I sold over 50 boxes of these donuts. My dad had to pick me up from school and loaded up the car full of the hot, fresh, NOW donuts. Yes they were still hot when we got them. Well, under strict orders from my Dad not to tell my mother, we ate an entire dozen donuts, sitting in the parking lot of the middle school. Those were some good eats. This was my first experience with the fresh, hot KK. They are the best hot.

Something to try. If you have day old KK (which doesn't happen around here often--they don't last that long!) Put some butter in a skillet and grill the "stale" KK. The glaze melts into the butter and softens up the donut and carmelizes a little, makes it really good. Of course you have to be willing to add some butter to the lard!

Originally posted by Jockaroo
Confession time...

In 6th grade we did a KK fund raiser. I sold over 50 boxes of these donuts. My dad had to pick me up from school and loaded up the car full of the hot, fresh, NOW donuts. Yes they were still hot when we got them. Well, under strict orders from my Dad not to tell my mother, we ate an entire dozen donuts, sitting in the parking lot of the middle school. Those were some good eats. This was my first experience with the fresh, hot KK. They are the best hot.

Something to try. If you have day old KK (which doesn't happen around here often--they don't last that long!) Put some butter in a skillet and grill the "stale" KK. The glaze melts into the butter and softens up the donut and carmelizes a little, makes it really good. Of course you have to be willing to add some butter to the lard!

Ha ha,::teeth: what a great memory of you and your dad.. I too, have loaded a fundraiser size load into my car, hot enough that you couldn't hold the boxes for very long or you would burn your hands...

My son's teacher told me about this "recipe" they used to have in college: Take two KK glazed, heat in micro, and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Sound too rich for me, but I bet it is good!::yes::

I don't think they make them with lard any more, as if that makes them any more healthy!!:hyper:

missy28,

:wave: Another Atlanta native here that grew up hoping to see that "Hot Doughnuts" sign in the window at KK. These are the best doughnuts, especially when they are hot. :teeth: I thought it was soooo funny when KK finally went up north and all the New Yorkers were going crazy over KK. And they thought we were slow and behind the times down here. :rolleyes:

It is a given in my family that when we go on vacation I have to stop at a Krispy Kreme "somewhere" and get me some donuts. Im not on vacation till I get one. My #1 fav is the origional glazed but coming in a close second is the chocolate cover creme filled. Oh sooooo good!!!

Here's a link to a recent discussion on the UK Community board. Krispy Kreme is taking over the World! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter