Lactose intolerant

ein265

Earning My Ears
We are going on our first disney cruise on Jan 11th. My DD5 is lactose intolerant. She drinks Lactose free milk and loves it. Does the ship have this type of milk available?

Thanks.
Deb

:Pinkbounc

I would recommend getting the 'Medical Needs form' from DCL and filling it out with the information and then faxing it back to them. That would let them be aware of the situation and to let you know if they could not accomodate your DDs needs, or if you would need to bring your own onboard.

You can ask your TA to get the form from DCL or if you booked directly thru DCL, get it from them.

They have one standardized form that has entries for all types of medical needs. You can use it to notify them of anything from the need for a diabetic diet to the fact that you'll be bringing oxygen equipment onboard and anything in between.

There is an area for a Doctor's signature on the form. I need a diabetic diet and I didn't have the form signed. I would have it signed if it were for a condition that wasn't so common and might require the onboard physician to contact my doctor for information about it either before or during the cruise.

hope that helps

I am also lactose intorlerant.

When I was on the Wonder they did not have lactose free milk, but our Head waiter PJ was wonderful will all my restrictions.
He was very attentive and knew all the dishes that I needed to avoid.

Be happy they have ice cream, call rice dream, on board that is great. Only available in the main dinning rooms, but it was excellent.

If you can pick up some lactose free milk, I am sure that they might be able to treat it like other's wine and bring it from restaurant to restaurant for your daughter. You could also store some in the cooler in your stateroom. Dave's site lists some grocery stores near the port.

We were on the Magic last December. My SIL is lactose intolerant. She was able to get lactose free milk, even through room service. They brought her an entire quart at breakfast once, since they did not have the small containers.

In the dining rooms, the waiters were fantastic in keeping cheese out of dishes when possible and telling her which selections would have no dairy products.

Everything seemed to work out great, with no prior arrangements.

We were on the Magic last November...called the week before to find out if they had the lactose milk...they said they would note it and believe it or not....when we showed up for dinner the first night our server knew about her problem and assisted her in every aspect of food they served....what to eat...what not to try due to the milk situation...but they did not have it on the ship for our cruise....so maybe they realized a lot of people need that milk....bravo DCL....34 days to the Magic....
Tom

Thanks to all for the replies. My DD is only intolerant when it comes to milk. She can have all the other products with regualar milk in it. But it's nice to know they are sensative to the needs. I will fill out the form that DCL supplies and have my agent check as well. Otherwise I'll bring my own.

Thanks again.

Why not bring Lactaid tablets also. Just in case. It's even available as a chewable tablet in case she can't swallow pills. Just take it with they first bite of dairy food and first drink of milk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter