Lake Suites Hotel

Mkaz

<font color=deeppink>Well, bust my buttons! That's
We checked in on June 4th. During check in the clerk asked if we booked on line. We told her yes, and then she asked if I had my paperwork. She adjusted the rate in the computer, and reminded us about daily resort fee. That poor girl looked as if she was waiting to get blasted from us about the daily resort fee. We told her that we already knew about it, and that it was fine with us. We paid $39 per nite through hotelplusportal.com The total for 8 days/7 nights was $345.59 including the resort fee. The entire check in process took less than ten minutes.

We had no trouble finding our room. Upon entering we were pleasantly surprised. We had a studio with two queen beds and a pull out couch. It was clean and spacious. The beds weren't as comfortable as home, but they were fine. Our son slept directly on the couch because the bar bothered him. He thought it was cool that he got to sleep on the couch, so we didn't hear any complaints after that. Our only disappointment was that we didn't have many cooking items. There were two pots, two bowls, one slotted spoon, and one non-slotted spoon. They did bring new pots the day before we left. There was one large pot with a lid, one small with a lid, and a fry pan. There was one potholder. Our dinnerware and silverware were service for four. We were given dish soap, and dishwasher soap as well. There was a stove, a full size refrigerator with a freezer on top, and a microwave. The freezer had a built in ice maker, which came in handy.

The maid service was great. They were usually there after 9 a.m. They made the beds, gave us fresh towels, cleaned the bathroom and vanity area, and vacuumed if needed. They even put the dishes in the dishwasher for us once even though there were only two glasses in the sink. There were a couple of days that we didn't need any service, so they asked us to sign a paper.

The continental breakfast worked out well for us. There was coffee (high octane and decaffeinated), tea, juices, milk, bread for toasting, muffins, fruit, waffles (for toasting), french toast, bagels, and two different types of cereals. They also had small packets of peanut butter, jelly, cream cheese, syrup, and sugar. The staff was attentive and refilled things when needed. The breakfast area was a bit crowded after 9 a.m. so we always tried to get there before then. Another thing to add about breakfast is that they may offer you a time share pitch for cheaper park tickets. They didn't ask everyone, just some people. We told them no thank you and they never asked us again.

The grounds need a bit of sprucing up. However, you can tell that they are really trying. We saw staff around during the day and evenings. The pool was clean (not spotless) and acceptable. There was always a fresh supply of clean towels available as well. They did have a bar area at the pool, but it never opened while we were there. They also have a guest laundry, but we never used it so I can't really comment on that.

Over all we enjoyed our stay. We were just looking for a no frills, clean, comfortable place to lay our weary heads at night. Lake Suites Hotel was perfect for that. The continental breakfast and kitchen were a nice bonus. Both of which saved us a nice chunk of change. So, if you are looking for the same (clean and no frills) it's fine. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will answer them as best as I can.

I know that this is an old thread, but thanks for the info. I'll be staying here in May, 2007.

Monica,

Can you let us know how your May stay was? We are looking for September or October if no free disney dining in the fall.

I'll be glad to post a report when we get back. I'll take pictures and post them as well.
We're only staying one night here before we check in to the Yacht Club for our package. I booked a split level suite so we can spread out and do laundry before our WDW park-a-thon starts.:cool1:

Is this the hotel that was once a Residence Inn at Lake Cecile? Just curious - stayed there 15 years ago and it was fine. Had a studio, paid about $69/night.

From the photos on their website, I think this is the Residence Inn at Lake Cecile that I stayed at 15 years ago. It was great - not fancy, but nice to have the full kitchen. Friendly folks, enjoyed the pool in the afternoons. It's been a while, but we were very pleased with the price paid, and good proximity to lots of reasonable restaurants (we were engaged and DH was still in law school, so didn't have the extra money for Disney back then).

Hi everyone - I stayed here in April 2006 and it was called Palm Suites Lakeside and got a decent rate of $50 per night w/tax through hotelplusportal.com .. My kids liked it so much they have asked if we can stay there again this Aug and might as free dining looks like it might start on the day we go home..

I just got a call from Hotel Kingdom saying this hotel is closing down as of May 1, 2007.
Time to look for a new place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter