The DVC Members waiting on Gold AP to go on sale

.... We wanted to buy ours direct over resale for the Gold AP discounts, which I think you can still buy at the park in person, or so we were told for now. Also the ability to stay at all new new dvc resorts in the future.

In another thread someone was told that Gold APs are being sold in the park in person. Has anyone heard about this?

In another thread someone was told that Gold APs are being sold in the park in person. Has anyone heard about this?

I’m reading no one is able to buy. People who want to upgrade their multiple day tickets are being turned down too. You can renew a expired pass only. I’ve been watching and waiting.

Let's say that I buy a multi day ticket for an upcoming trip so I can make park reservations. Those park reservations are linked to the multi day ticket. If AP's go on sale day 1 of my vacation and I choose to upgrade from the multi day ticket to the AP will my park reservations be wiped out?

Upgrading to the AP on day 1 would allow me AP discounts but I risk losing park reservations. Waiting until the end of a trip may save my park reservations at the cost of any AP benefits.

Ok so I activated my Gold APs today @ Epcot. No new AP sales of any kind, and no upgrades are allowed until further notice. This means no tickets upgrading to APs or Gold APs to Platnium unless they are expiring which is unlikely due to extentions of 4 months. Im a little worried about our Dec blackout Xmas trip we have booked @ Riveria.

Ok so I activated my Gold APs today @ Epcot. No new AP sales of any kind, and no upgrades are allowed until further notice. This means no tickets upgrading to APs or Gold APs to Platnium unless they are expiring which is unlikely due to extentions of 4 months. Im a little worried about our Dec blackout Xmas trip we have booked @ Riveria.

Ah it's just so frustrating. I mean I get it, without park hopping, Disney would be selling a 'lesser' product, but in some cases people really really need to upgrade/purchase a new AP.

We were planning on a December 2021 DVC stay coming from the UK, and it was announced pre-covid that tickets bought in the UK wouldn't be accepted during that period (Oct - end of Dec '21) so we planned on APs to cover that trip and another one. No idea whether that can now happen, so not sure how we'll actually get tickets at all for that trip...

Let's say that I buy a multi day ticket for an upcoming trip so I can make park reservations. Those park reservations are linked to the multi day ticket. If AP's go on sale day 1 of my vacation and I choose to upgrade from the multi day ticket to the AP will my park reservations be wiped out?

Upgrading to the AP on day 1 would allow me AP discounts but I risk losing park reservations. Waiting until the end of a trip may save my park reservations at the cost of any AP benefits.

It doesn’t matter as long as there is an active ticket, When we booked some of us has multiple tickets and it never had us choose which one to use.

I don’t think you will lose it.

So I just got an email back from my rep when asking about the latest on availability of the fixed weeks and Gold APs.

"Annual passes are good to go, i'm sure you are aware...! =) so that's a good thing! "

I haven't followed up yet on it but I am not sure what that means since from all accounts no one can buy them still. Any rumors out there at this point? I might hit him up later this week.

So I just got an email back from my rep when asking about the latest on availability of the fixed weeks and Gold APs.

"Annual passes are good to go, i'm sure you are aware...! =) so that's a good thing! "

If you go to the "Annual Passes" section of the regular Disney website, you get a "how we have changed" page. No opportunity to buy a pass. Doing the link from the dvcmember site takes you to the same "how we have changed" page. So, no change on AP buying opportunities at this point.

I spoke with MS earlier on an unrelated issue, I did ask about APs during the call though and the guy just reiterated that they weren't on sale and there was no indication as to when they would be.

Makes me wonder just how high Disney might raise the AP price in the future. Or how they might place more rescritions on them.

Last edited:
The waiting is killing me. Not really, I'm being dramatic. However, it would be great if Gold passes go back on sale by the fall which is around the corner. My booking window for my next trip opens up at the end of October and the planner in me would like to have passes secured by then, especially if park reservations are extended out into fall of '21. Hoping to get at least three trips out of our next AP, end of September '21 for two weeks, February of '22 for one week and another two weeks first half of September '22 . 🙂

really hope AP's come back soon. We have a trip in december, and then in september 2021 so even without park hopping, AP's still save us money. Then theres the fact that our DL trip may be cancelled and we have expiring points and extra airline points to fly free, so we may just rebook our DL mini trip into a WDW weekend trip which would still be cheaper for us if we were able to get an AP

Many of us with trips that were canceled by closure are sitting on an entire use year of points banked into this year. In a one bedroom, I am needing to book 3 weeks of stay. No way I want to buy in blocks of one day tickets like this. Bad enough I lost some points already. Now I may lose more.

Any rumors out of the expiration of requesting refunds for AP?

I know its only the next day but one can hope.

Many of us with trips that were canceled by closure are sitting on an entire use year of points banked into this year. In a one bedroom, I am needing to book 3 weeks of stay. No way I want to buy in blocks of one day tickets like this. Bad enough I lost some points already. Now I may lose more.
Just terrible. Buying blocks of tickets would be far more expensive. I think they way Disney is doing the AP holders, locals is just horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter