Lasseter may return to Disney

Being reported by the WSJ, Disney is thinking about letting John Lasseter back in a non managerial role? I have no words for this. I can't believe they would allow this predator to come back. >:(

I wouldn't be that shocked. Way of the world. Money/extreme talent allows things to be overlooked.

Being reported by the WSJ, Disney is thinking about letting John Lasseter back in a non managerial role? I have no words for this. I can't believe they would allow this predator to come back. >:(

Ugh. I hope not also. He has done a lot for the company - but all the stories coming out he should not be allowed to come back. This isn't the 1960s, such behavior shouldn't be tolerated.

Agreed...

very sorry to hear you experienced that ... and as a man who hasn't been, I still find it disgusting and sad that Disney would do this - sends the wrong message about what type of environment they want/this is appropriate

very much hope it is not true

If this is true, I'll have to go back to boycotting Pixar and with small kids now; that's rough times. Really hope it's just a rumor.

If this is true, I'll have to go back to boycotting Pixar and with small kids now; that's rough times. Really hope it's just a rumor.

Guess it depends on the role and what each individual wants to do as far as actions they take, but before his hiatus he was in charge of all of Disney animation, not just PIXAR

Great, that makes it worse. I try to be a woman of principles, but that's not a fun decision to make for the children.

Honestly, if it is true then I am really going to have to think about what we support as far as Disney as it is all one company and no way he comes back without Iger approving it

I'd be lying if I said we would never have anything to do with Disney ever again (going to the parks, bringing the kids still brings me joy), but definitely could see myself scaling back and if something on the fence, now maybe we don't do it (for example, we are debating doing another cruise, but things like this make it that much harder to spend the money and maybe it it better spent elsewhere .... but I am not going to cancel our upcoming trip to WDW or anything)

I will wait to see what Disney says about it before passing judgement - it may not be true.

Honestly, if it is true then I am really going to have to think about what we support as far as Disney as it is all one company and no way he comes back without Iger approving it

I'd be lying if I said we would never have anything to do with Disney ever again (going to the parks, bringing the kids still brings me joy), but definitely could see myself scaling back and if something on the fence, now maybe we don't do it (for example, we are debating doing another cruise, but things like this make it that much harder to spend the money and maybe it it better spent elsewhere .... but I am not going to cancel our upcoming trip to WDW or anything)

Yes, some discussions will be had...but hoping it won't come to that.

I've also seen corporations pull things like this to make sure the competition doesn't get the talent. Disney may figure some other animation house may not care and snatch him up, so it would be strategically better to keep Lasseter on the books than compete against him. Basically you give him tenure to take him off the playing field. This is all speculation and I'm not saying I'd agree with such a move, but I have seen it happen.

You know, I thought that too hah. I was like... Maybe this is like Disney releasing rumors to the internet to gauge the reaction first, like charging for parking at the resorts.

But I'm not sure if anyone would be pleased about Disney letting sexual harassment run rampant in their company.

I was wondering the same.

To your last point, someone just commented on the DIS Facebook post of this story that he thinks Lassester should be brought back, so guess not everyone is against it

I was wondering the same.

To your last point, someone just commented on the DIS Facebook post of this story that he thinks Lassester should be brought back, so guess not everyone is against it
I think that is part of the issue here. Lasseter isn’t a household name. During this time Lasseter wasn’t all over the news like say Weinstein or others were. I don’t believe we ever had someone publicly come forward and say Lasseter indeed did these things. So while I don’t necessarily agree with it maybe Disney found nothing of great substance to fire him on?

It's what I said would happen 6 months ago...they were hoping time would let them have the option to keep him...they have always been aware of his issues...they were and are hoping that people stop caring...

PS - And it probably took the lawyers 6 months to settle everything...wouldn't be the 1st time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!