Last minute trip to DL

PA DisneyFan

Earning My Ears
Hi!
We are looking into booking a last minute trip to Disneyland in May. I called MS today and was told the Grand Californian was all booked for May for a studio or 1 BR.
If we decide to waitlist for 5 nights, do you think we have any chance of getting a room this late?

They do have rooms available at Paradise Pier which we will take but I wanted to see what others have to say about the waitlist thing.

Thank you! :)

I'd say you have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting 5 nights in a studio or 1 bedroom at this point. You may get one or two nights, but it is highly doubtful that you will get all 5. Go with PP. It is a nice hotel and right across the street from The Grand. Cross the street, cut through the lobby of The Grand for the shortest route to DL and CA.

I'd say you have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting 5 nights in a studio or 1 bedroom at this point. You may get one or two nights, but it is highly doubtful that you will get all 5. Go with PP. It is a nice hotel and right across the street from The Grand. Cross the street, cut through the lobby of The Grand for the shortest route to DL and CA.

I agree with this. The Grand Californian has very few DVC villas and is very popular. I would go with PP. Just keep in mind that once you book PP with your points they become "Reservation Points" and cannot be used for DVC resorts so make sure you are fully committed to PP before booking.

We just got back from a stay at the paradise pier after running into the same situation with the grand Californian. The PP was great. It was quiet and comfortable and the rooms were large. The cast members were great and the food was good too. DH got hooked on the pizza at the PCH grill. Even better they don't charge the $95 fee for converting your points. We would definitely stay there again.

and from what i heard, the standard rooms at paradise pier, are bigger then the standard rooms at the grand. we just stayed there for 5 days and i would stay again. its right across from the grand. i have to the oringal poster have you stayed there before. this was our first time there. i have a few pics i will put up for you. so you can see a room

1C9D1EA3-25C9-448C-AF30-42FCBAB4A6B0-901-00000194C1AB8718_zps5544ec88.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter