Late October Rain versus Summer Rain -- How to Plan

Lalalyn

Mouseketeer
I've been to Florida in the dead of summer and experienced the flash quick-passing showers on many occasions.

But, I've never been in late October and am prepping for our trip next week. The weather has been showing lots of rain. I know forecasts can change dramatically this far out, but I want to make sure we are packed in case of rain. It is me, DH and DD7, DD4 and DD4.

Does October still have some of those quick afternoon showers? Or does rain mean more sustained all day rain?

What's your best packing/gear strategy for rain this time of year?

Rain in late October is much less of an issue than during the summer.I pretty much put the start of dry season between mid to late October,rain still happens but less frequently.Once cold fronts start making their way through you'll get an ugly overcast,drizzly rainy day as the front goes through with some cooler,beautiful days afterwards.Right now for example you're definitely not seeing those booming thunderstorms everyday like you were just a couple of weeks ago,its much more sporadic and more of a drizzly rain instead of the massive thunderstorms.Its still early enough into dry season that rain is not rare but once you get into December through April then you're talking possibly very dry weather,this quote is traight from wikipedia

In October the dry season sets in across much of Florida (starting early in the month in northern Florida and near the end of the month in deep southern Florida) and lasts until late April in most years. Fronts from mid-latitude storms north of Florida occasionally pass through northern and central parts of the state which bring light and brief winter rainfall. Mid and late winter can become severely dry in Florida. In some years the dry season becomes quite severe and water restrictions are imposed to conserve water. While most areas of Florida do not experience any type of frozen precipitation, north Florida can see fleeting snow or sleet a few times each decade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter