Latest Pictures- OKW & VWL (studio)

Coach81

DIS Veteran
We are trying to decide which one we are going to stay at this upcoming Mardi Gras vacation. Can anyone post some very recent pics of OKW and VWL (Old Key West, Villas Wilderness Lodge) studio to help us decide? Thanks in advance!

I dont have any current pictures, but I can share this from exp., though OKW studios have more sq. footage, VWL studios, IMO, are laid out better, less motel room feel, more studio feel.

OKW has 2 queens, VWL has a queen and pullout sofa. This sofa allows you more walk space, LR area vs 2 beds occupying the space.

If you have 4 adults staying in room, OKW beds would allow more comfort, but 3 adults, or say 2 adults, 2 kids, I would o for VWL.

Im not a OKW naysayer, or trying to push VWL, I just dont like the layout of OKW studios. Now a 1 bedroom at OKW, thats a different story!!

Thanks JT! We actually need the bigger sleeping arrangements as we have some big boys (4 total in our party). Anyone with current pictures???

I found the OKW much roomier...if you don't mind watching TV from the bed (no couch). We own both...prefer OKW except at Xmas...which is why we bought VWL!:rolleyes1

They do have pictures of the old decor but the ones of the accessible studio at OKW show the updated decor:

okw11a10.jpg

and this of the VWL studio are current although there were reports of a test room being set up for new decor. So far nothing more than that though.

vwl10a8.jpg

Here's my picture from a few years ago of a VWL studio and they haven't done any decor change since then.

p678812680-4.jpg

ok thanks.. I'll send some new ones if necessary after this coming Saturday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter