Laundry Question - not self service

poohs4me

DIS Veteran
I know self service works, I know it is cheaper and I know it is easy. These questions are not meant to debate the best option. I am just curious on the actual process.

I have a couple of questions on laundry being sent out

First, how do they make your clothes to know who to return it to?
Second, how is it actually done? Do they lump several cabins together? Is it by cabin alone? How do they decide what temperatures to wash and dry stuff on. Is if always on hot?
Third, how are non hangable things returned?

I know I have done both ways but I cannot remember the answer to one and three.

I know you put your laundry in a bag and attach a tag with a list of items included and your stateroom info. Not sure if they do individual laundry for each stateroom or lump it together with like fabric loads. Items are returned to your stateroom by your stateroom attendant hung up if required or folded.

I know self service works, I know it is cheaper and I know it is easy. These questions are not meant to debate the best option. I am just curious on the actual process.

I have a couple of questions on laundry being sent out

First, how do they make your clothes to know who to return it to?
Second, how is it actually done? Do they lump several cabins together? Is it by cabin alone? How do they decide what temperatures to wash and dry stuff on. Is if always on hot?
Third, how are non hangable things returned?

I know I have done both ways but I cannot remember the answer to one and three.
I can't say for sure how DCL handles it, but on HAL & Princess, when you fill out the laundry sheet, you MUST list each item separately. When the laundry receives it, they check the list against what's in the bag and tag each item with an iron-on type numbered tag (small, in a discreet spot on item). The washers are industrial size and they will mix items from other rooms. The tags are then used to match up items with the correct laundry list.

I've been told that you can make a request for wash/dry temperatures, but I'm not sure how often the request is actually accommodated. I suppose you could request to have your clothes washed separately, but I don't know.

I think those washers are huge! Not sure your clothes are washed separately from others. That being said, the service is wonderful Needed my son's dress shirt washed and pressed. Came back in a beautiful bag and pristine.

I used the laundry service for the first time a few cruises ago. It's not very expensive (IMO) and the time savings makes it worth it. When you figure out how much you spend per hour for a cruise it seems like a bargain to me. :)

My non-hangable items were neatly folded and delivered wrapped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!