Laura & Richys october 2013 Escape Wedding

happylaughingcow

Earning My Ears
So, I thought after getting to know so many of you lovelies on here you'd prob like to know a little about me too? Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin....

About me

My name is Laura and my DF is Richy. We're both from Norwich (East Coast) in the UK. He had his 30th bday in Feb this year & i turned 29 in April. Im a beauty therapist and freelance fitness instructor and he is a police officer.
We've been together 8 years Bought our house 5 years ago and have a gorgeous miniature dachshund called Sundae

How we met

Richy (before he was in the police) was a fitness instructor. I was a member at the gym he worked at. He rewrote me a program (this is before i myself was an instructor too) and we hit it off straight away
Every time I was in training he would come find me and chat... He got me joining in his classes (I NEVER did classes before this!) so I started doing his body pump and body combat classes. I kept thinking "does he like me? or is he just being friendly?"
we would txt each other constantly and eventually one night when we were sat in his car (it was cold outside and we'd been standing outside talking) we ended up kissing! well that was it. He obviously did like me like that!

We've now been together 8 years and now Im the one teaching body combat etc

The Proposal

I took DF to NY this year for his 30th Bday. Now we've discussed getting married so it was never going to be a complete surprise when he asked me but I was kind of expecting it to happen whilst in NY.....
It didnt happen.
I was fine about it. I just thought "ok, maybe he has something else in mind?"
My bday was 25th April this year. He asked me with 2 wedding pandora charms (I love my pandoras) of course I said yes & we went ring shopping that day!:woohoo:

He explained that Im so fussy he chose not to buy me a ring (Im soooooo glad he didn't!) and he was going to ask me in NY but he made the executive decision not to as I was so cold everywhere & it seemed reaaallllly unromantic.... (hes completely right, I was cold. constantly!)

Im more than happy with the way he asked me because we knew we were always going to have a Disney wedding and that is the most exciting thing EVER!!!

The (original) Wedding Plan

We are hoping for an Oct 2014 Escape wedding
Sunset Pointe, only a small gathering as we've booked an evening reception back here in the UK for when we're home to celebrate :dance3:

The NEW Wedding Plan
So I was getting stressed that my 30th birthday and my dads 70th Birthday celebrations (which was the original reason for planning our 2014 trip to WDW) was going to get pushed aside by my wedding.... I kinda want those celebrations to be a totally separate thing you know?

Anyway, my Mum, seeing how stressed I was said "what if you could do it this year instead?" and that was it! The planning went from there!!!

So now we're getting married on 1st October 2013 at SBP, then onto Narcoossees before finishing the day with a boat trip to watch illuminations at EPCOT :yay:

Thanks hun!

Ive just caught up on your PJ! wow so much to take in! :)

I'll be sure to add some more posts tonight (dresses etc) x

Bridesmaid Dresses

Ok, so getting a little further on the planning front. As Im in the UK and my 2 bridesmaids are in Wisconsin they suggested I take a look for dresses they could try on somewhere like Davids bridal.

Fab idea

Now I might be an obsessive planner and a bit of a stresshead but Im not a bridezilla by no means. As long as the dresses are orange so it goes with our theme, I realllllllly dont mind what type of dress or style the girls pick as long as they're comfortable

here are some Ive seen that I like:

IMG_3438.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3439.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3440.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3441.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3442.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congrats! I love the story of you and your fiancé. So sweet. David's Bridal has so many amazing dresses that your bridesmaids will look so pretty. The color orange you chose will really pop in pictures.

Congratulations! I love how you two met!

Those BM dresses are very cute! I especially love the first. But I also love the idea of mismatched BM dresses, it's going to look really cute!

Can't wait to read more!

I am actually wearing the first BM dress pic to my sister's wedding. Its pretty comfortable and it wasn't too expensive, so I think it's a good option for bridesmaids. Also it comes in a lot of different colors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter