LAX Car Rentals

wdwhereicome

Mouseketeer
Our 1st trip to DL is almost here and I only have one more thing to plan (I hope!).

Does anyone have experience and/or information about renting cars at LAX?

we just got back and rented from Hertz. All rentals are offsite, but it wasn't a long shuttle ride to hertz. the most helpful tip I can give is to sign up for one of their clubs. You can do this right on-line so very easy. there is a free one and there is one you pay for. the one you pay for seemed to make it very easy to pick up your car. the free one (the one we did) definitely beat not having any club...we got a special line. unfortunately we were renting on a very busy day and the people in front of us were pita's so it seemed to take longer than it should. the regular non-club line was horrendous.

dropping the car off again was a breeze. they have it down to a science...very, very smooth.

I found Dollar and Thrify have the best rates out of LAX. THis was for a mini-van. HAven't actually rented the car yet as our trip isn't until October. :)

We rented from Budget (a partner with Southwest, so we got a good deal with them). The bus ride to get to the office was interesting, our driver was a maniac, but he got us there before the rush. Dropping the car off was no problem. :wave:

I have actually used Dollar before and will be using them again this September. They had the best rate for 7 days 110.00 for an intermediate car. Join fastlane (free) and your paperwork will be ready and wont have to wait long in line. At drop off you just hand them the keys and jump on the shuttle to the airport.

I used Dollar in June and signed up for Fastlane, too. They sent me an upgrade coupon which we used. We ended up with a minivan for the price of an intermediate car (because they didn't have anything in between!!!).
The shuttle ride was pretty short.

I'm going to have to do more homework! The cheapest rate I've found so far is around $160/wk for a mini-van. Back to the searches!

Thanks for all the info!

$160 a week for a minivan sounds like a really good price to me. Where can you get this rate?

Best I found was $31 a day for 10 days at Dollar or Thrifty.

We rented a car from Dollar back in June at LAX. Like has been said, no on-site depot, but you just go out of the terminal and wave down the dollar shuttle when you see it approaching, and then its about a five minute ride at most to Dollar. The process was very quick and smooth, but the depot was empty at the time (4:30pm).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter