Le Cellier, should I cancel it?

kimkim

Mouseketeer
OK, I know just the title of this thread probably sent you gasping saying 'what is she thinking?.

Here's the background....

I have an ADR at 6:10 PM at Le Cellier. Great time, imposible to get restaurant, so what's the problem? The problem is I'm going as a single mom along with my 2 kids (7 and 9). So it's not like DH and I enjoying a great meal out together. We are spending 6 nights at WDW and I have us at Epcot for 4 dinners!! (Le Cellier, Biergarten, Teppan, and Rose & Crown). If it makes a difference, our trip is after Labor Day in September, so hopefully the parks won't be super crowded.

I picked Biergarten and Teppan Edo because I thought the kids would love the themes. I picked Rose & Crown with the hopes of staying for Illuminations (we have a 7:45 ADR).

We all love steak, but is it worth it to spend 4 out of 6 nights at Epcot (we are staying at Beach Club, so we'll be able to walk over just for dinner). I'm thinking that's alot and that the other 3 restaurants make more sense for the kids. I'm happy to sacrifice what would probably be MY best meal to do what's the best for them.

I know I could make Teppan or Biergarten a lunch ADR one day instead, but I was thinking of mornings at the other parks, coming back to room for a rest/swim, and then Epcot at night. Plus, I just like dinner being our 'big' meal. We will go to MK one night for Spectromagic/Wishes and we'll go to DHS on the ONLY Fantasmic night offered during our stay. So that is covered. If I cancel one of the Epcot dinners, I could also do the EMH at night at AK (right now that's not 'in the plan').

So do I plan the other 4 nights at Epcot to have the great dinners? Or, so I let one of them go and plan on the EMH at AK one night, or just another night at MK or DHS?

Thanks!
Kim

My 11 year old loved le cellier.I would give up Biergarten. My kids liked the food but did not like sharing a table with strangers. We had a great family sitting with us but the kids didn't like that too much.

Well where else are you planning on eating? If you are eating somewhere else that serves steak, then cancel Le Cellier (to me LC is just a slight step above places like Outback Steakhouse and I don't like Outback). If you are not planning on having a steak anywhere else, then I would keep LC and cancel Tappen (if you have other hibachi restaurants near where you live, odds are the food is better and less expensive than at Tappen). Also, as the PP said, you will probably have to share a table with another party at Biergarten, just like you will at Tappen. The difference is at Biergarten, who you sit with COULD have an affect on the experience. My girlfriend and I ate there 2 years ago on NYE. We sat with a family of 4 and a couple in their mid 40's. The family of 4 sat there totally miserable, not saying a word to the rest of us or even to each other which made things slightly uncomfy for the rest of us. However, my girlfriend and I had a great time talking (and drinking) with the other couple. If we were just with the family of 4, our experience would not have been good. I don't mean to scare you, just warn you.

Don't sacrafice what might be "your best meal"....you deserve it! Taking the kids solo is a big job. Pat yourself on the back with a good steak, girl! The kids will have a good time wherever you are!!! And seriously, isn't the entire rest of the trip for them? IMHO....keep your reservation!

I would not cancel Le Cellier.....my girls 6,9 LOVE le cellier! I would probably cancel Biergarten and let them choose a different meal if they wanted to.

Definitely keep it. We went in February, my kids are 12 and 6 and they still talk about it to this day. It's incredible and WELL worth it especially if you can walk over. I'm not sure about the others but definitely keep Le Cellier!!

I like your idea of going to the other parks during the day, stopping at the room to freshen up and then walking to Epcot to finish the day. You mentioned you had an evening at MK planned, so I think you are all set.

The big benefit about staying at an Epcot resort is that you can just walk back to your room instead of walking clear to the front and then waiting for a bus.

Keep the reservation and enjoy!

I think you might be wise to cancel one and switch to AK EMHs. I'd highly recommend the Tusker House dinner buffet. My kids (7 and 9 last year) thought it was FANTASTIC.

As far as which one to cancel, I'd pick something other than Le Cellier. They are very nice to kids there, and the kids meal is a very good one.

We love Teppan Edo, but it really is no different from the Japanese steak houses you see in almost every town. We were also VERY unhappy with the dessert choice with the kids meal. It was one of those plastic covered Dole fruit cups. :eek: They wouldn't even let them switch out for plain ice cream. :mad: Neither of our boys like those fruit cups, so we are planning to pay extra for a better dessert this trip.

Are you going to AK a different day? You didn't say.

A lot of people (including us) find one day at AK is enough, we would rather have an extra evening at Epcot than emh at AK.

What you could do is this:
Keep the Le Cellier ADR for now. When the time comes (or after going to AK on the AK day), then decide whether you'd rather take the long trip for AK EMH or just walk back to Epcot. For Le Cellier, there is no penalty for cancelling last minute.

Also, the rumor is that Le Cellier is becoming a 2 TS meal (either in Sept or in Jan), so this might be your last chance to get Le Cellier for 1 TS credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter