• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Leaving in a week.....last minute tips/advice?

CJK

DIS Veteran
I can't believe that we're leaving in one week! Woohoo! Any suggestions on any must-do things? We won't have a car this trip so we will be in the magic for the whole 2 weeks. Any last minute tips? Thanks all.

With two weeks, you are going to have a wonderful time! I love visiting different Disney resorts and checking out their gift shops. Three years ago, we rented a pontoon boat for an hour and the kids rented a water mouse from the Wilderness Lodge marina. We boated over towards Magic Kingdom. It was one of the most relaxing things we did. Take in a water park if you have a chance. I hope the weather isn't too hot and that the crowds are light! Have a fantastic vacation.

I agree with NancyK, take the time to resort hop, maybe stop for a drink or a snack and enjoy the surroundings. A big "must" for me is Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian, served between 2 ~ 6 o'clock, you don't have to make a reservation unless you are a large group. We also like to take the various boat trips ~ those in the Magic Kingdom resort area, the Boardwalk resort area to EPCOT and MGM and from DTD to Port Orleans Riverside Resort along the Sassagoula River. Very relaxing and you can stop and look around the resorts, including Fort Wilderness Campground. If you're taking a Saturday off from the parks, go over to the Poly and sit in a hammock on the beach under the stars and watch the Fireworks from MK. (I checked the schedule and unfortunately Saturday is the only night for MK Fireworks in October but that could change so be sure to check when there.)

Since you will be there for 2 weeks, you will have lots of time to enjoy the things you discover and possibly have time do again and my best advice is to relax and have a wonderful time!

Great ideas!! You've made me even more excited (and I didn't think that was even possible! hee hee). Tell me - where do I get the boat from DD to Port Orleans? I've never ridden the boat along that river. Sounds great. Can't wait to get resort hopping!! Thanks a bunch

CJK, the boat docks are behind the Rainforest Cafe at DTD. You walk past the entrance to the RC and down a couple of steps and keep to the right and you will see the dock. There is a sign telling you which side to line-up at as there is also a boat to OKW. I was so glad to hear that this boat ride was open again as it had been closed for a time. It is one of our favourites and also takes you past the Disney Institute Treehouse resorts, and PO French Quarter as well as the gorgeous Mansion resort buildings at PO Riverside (which I still call Dixie Landings)

ENJOY! Just sit back and start practising jaw exercises because your face will be killing you with all the SMILING you'll be doing! S

Julie has me thinking about PO as the next resort so you'll have to take LOTS of pix and post some! S

See you down there CJK! We leave on the 8th! I agree with the boat ride from PO to DTD. When we stayed at the old "Dixie Landings", we loved taking the boat ride to DTD. We're also going to try something different by going to Fort Wilderness this year to go to the petting zoo and the nightly campfire and movie. My DD will also be doing the Grand Adventures in Cooking Class for the second time. We like to try to do other things to break up doing just the parks. Have Fun!

HI! Sorry I don't remember all your posts but if you have kids try this one: Take an extra suitcase with snacks your kids and you like as it emptys you will fill it up with souvenirs!!! Honest!

Don't forget envelopes for maid service.

Pack "moleskin" for blisters, it works!!!!!

If you don't have a car this is a good one unless you have an grocery store next door. Good Luck!

Wow, thanks everyone!! Great tip to pack moleskins. I ALWAYS have a blister problem when I'm in WDW. Maybe we'll see you there Jo-Anne. I'll be wearing my lime green ribbon! ;) Thanks everyone!!

We'll be there at the same time! Have a great vacation!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter