Leaving tomorrow for my first (half) solo trip.

jpeterson

DIS Veteran
So excited. Tomorrow I'm getting on a plane and headed to WDW for a (half) solo trip.

The reason I mark it as half solo, is my family (wife & 2 kids) had planned a quick-ish trip to Disney for mid-august. And that's still happening, but after a stressful summer for me I need a break. All by myself, so I'm headed down for 5 days alone before they join me.

Even better, I'm staying at the Boardwalk Inn for my solo half! Never stayed there before and looking forward to it. I'll be moving to Port Orleans: Riverside for when my family joins them.

For me this is the best of both worlds, I get 5 days to do whatever I want. Then for the 5 following days I can concentrate on family fun and doing what the wife & kids want. I have FPs and a couple ADRs but beyond that I'm winging it!

That sounds wonderful. I'm doing something sorta of similar in September - Half of my trip I have a friend with me, the other half is solo. I feel like I will get the best of both worlds. I love solo travel, but it's also fun to have someone to share things with.

So excited. Tomorrow I'm getting on a plane and headed to WDW for a (half) solo trip.

The reason I mark it as half solo, is my family (wife & 2 kids) had planned a quick-ish trip to Disney for mid-august. And that's still happening, but after a stressful summer for me I need a break. All by myself, so I'm headed down for 5 days alone before they join me.

Even better, I'm staying at the Boardwalk Inn for my solo half! Never stayed there before and looking forward to it. I'll be moving to Port Orleans: Riverside for when my family joins them.

For me this is the best of both worlds, I get 5 days to do whatever I want. Then for the 5 following days I can concentrate on family fun and doing what the wife & kids want. I have FPs and a couple ADRs but beyond that I'm winging it!

Good for you! ENJOY! Solo is the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter