Leaving tomorrow!

saschuster

Mouseketeer
I am so excited! We leave for LAX tomorrow and will be driving to Anaheim tomorrow afternoon. We will be at Disneyland on Friday and California Adventure on Saturday and then spend the rest of the week in San Diego. I have been to Disney World twice but never to Disneyland so I can't wait!!! I have been reading everything from everyone so I think I am well prepared, thanks to all of you Disneyland experts!!!

Have a great time!

As you've read it's hot, so drink lots of water & in the heat of the day places you can go & get out of the heat:
DCA
- Animation Station
- Aladdin
- Muppets 3D
- Golden Dreams
- Tough to Be a Bug
- Grizzly River Run
- Soaring Over California

DL
- Golden Horseshoe
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- It's a Small World

These attractions take up some time & you'll be inside where it's cooler.

Have fun!!

A couple more places to visit are the 50th anniversary film with Steve Martin & Donald Duck being shown in the Main Street Opera House (Abe Lincoln's home) and the Playhouse Disney show in DCA. Make sure to try the Dole Whip at the Tahitian Terrace.

Just got back last night (midnight!) and can't reiterate enough the water/take plenty of breaks advice. Don't forget to ask for water/ice at any of the CS restaurants; they're more than happy to serve you with BIG cups that you can then use to refill your water bottle.

-Golden Horseshoe was very busy when we visited; try to get there at least 1/2 hour early, whether or not you're eating there.
-The Disneyland Story (the 50th anniversary) film is amusing (and 17 minutes long) and the waiting area is filled with interesting information.
-ToT in DCA never seemed to have a long line in mornings/late afternoons/evenings; that's another option
-Tiki Room! And the outside queue is pretty shady, and the bathrooms well-kept.
-And don't forget to use that late FP rule; it will help keep you out of the hot queues.

Oh, and be warned that IJA was breaking down with all the heat and the power dips and that Splash Mountain lines were very long.

Have a wonder-full and safe trip, Saschuster!! Enjoy those incredible fireworks and give tink a little wave for me! Don't let the heat and the meanies get in the way of enjoying the magic. Lots of water and deep breathing to keep you hydrated and centered. :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter