Leggings, t-shirts and sweatshirt in january?

Treysar

Mouseketeer
I'm getting ahead of myself because I have no idea what the weather is going to be like, but I’m excited so I’m trying to plan! I’m thinking my uniform is going to be leggings, T-shirt, and sweatshirt over it for layering purposes. Do you think that sounds OK? I have three kids, a 10-year-old and 2 8-year-olds, I was thinking the same thing for them. Track pants and t’s for the boys and leggings/t’s for the girl.
I absolutely hate carrying big bags but I think it’s necessary with this many people, especially if we’re going to have to layer etc. My husband and I will probably need to carry a backpack. Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Never too early to start planning!! That's basically what I wore for most of my Dec trip, except I also brought a packable down jacket (from Uniqlo) because it's very warm and takes up very little space (I can even fit it in one of my small Le Sportsac crossbody bags). I did end up bringing a small backpack this trip because of the varying weather (I imagine January will be similar). We had temperatures from the 50s to the 70s.

Definitely layers. We were married last January at the Poly. I wore capri yoga pants with a tshirt and long sleeve something on top. If I got too warm then I tied it around my waist. I can't deal being cold! The last day there was a cold front and when we left it was colder in FL than it was at home in San Antonio.

Attachments

• IMG_20180118_130436_209.jpg
    IMG_20180118_130436_209.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 14
When in Jan are you going? We were there last year the first eight days of Feb and it was hot. I had packed for every weather possibility but we were in tshirts and swam pretty much every day. We’re going again on 1/26 and I’ll pack for the cold but keeping fingers crossed we have 70s/80s when we’re there.
So yes I’d definitely bring the items you’re planning on but still have shorts and bathing suits as well.

I'm getting ahead of myself because I have no idea what the weather is going to be like, but I’m excited so I’m trying to plan! I’m thinking my uniform is going to be leggings, T-shirt, and sweatshirt over it for layering purposes. Do you think that sounds OK? I have three kids, a 10-year-old and 2 8-year-olds, I was thinking the same thing for them. Track pants and t’s for the boys and leggings/t’s for the girl.
I absolutely hate carrying big bags but I think it’s necessary with this many people, especially if we’re going to have to layer etc. My husband and I will probably need to carry a backpack. Your thoughts?

As a Canadian I would definitely wear that in January. Not sure what your "heat index" is but if you're from a colder climate, the weather in January is like late September or May here haha.

Last year in January we wore jeans with short sleeve tees & a light jacket. I’d wait & check the weather a few days before you leave to pack. FL weather changes in the winter often.

I am wondering the same thing. I will be in WDW from 1/6 - 1/11. Right now, it looks like it is going to be fairly rainy. I will be bringing a small backpack for some extra layers and a rain jacket. Any suggestions for footwear? I have crocs, sneakers and wondering if I should bring rain boots:rolleyes1 I have never been in January so I have no idea how cold it could get. I do have plans for HS dessert party one night and hoping to do a couple of EMH while there. I am really looking forward to my trip and want to pack, but I think if I don't wait a bit longer I will pack way more than I need.

I'm planning on a similar plan. We are going the last week of January into February, accuweater shows cloudy highs in the 60s all week. I plan on layers for everyone.

We were in Orlando from Friday-Tuesday in January 2016 and it started out 80 degrees on day one and dropped into highs in the 50s by the end of our trip. I managed with a hoodie, but it was chilly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter