Legoland...for girls?

Paigesmom2013

DIS Veteran
My girls recently mentioned they want to go to Legoland during our stay in Anaheim this spring. (I think they saw a YouTube video and got it in their heads.) Ages are almost 10 and almost 7. It looks like its geared to little boys but am I wrong?
If we went, we would drive down from Anaheim and have to skip our beach day, as Disneyland Resort is our top priority. I would try to find a BOGO offer. I'm entertaining the idea since we won't be near another Legoland park for quite awhile, but I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle??

It is absolutely for girls. I have 2 girls and spent many days at Legoland when they were young.

I do want to say that it's a big let down compared to Disneyland for most people. My youngest actually preferred Legoland because it was slower paced and just more laid back. However, if you visit Disneyland first, you might be disappointed with Legoland.

This is the time to go vs a beach day. They will be too old in a few years for Legoland. The beach is always good for all ages. Make sure you check the hours as they can close really early some days and I would only go for a as long of a day as possible if you think this is a one and done visit. There's lots of places to stay next to the park, too. Legoland has its own hotels now, but there's also a Sheraton, Grand Pacific Palisades and Hilton Marbrisa right next to the parking lot.

Agree that Legoland is for everyone. They also have a little aquatic center next door. My nephews enjoyed both parks. It's been a while since I've been there, but remember the grounds being really beautiful, and enjoyed our day there.

I have two girls and they enjoyed Legoland at those ages. The only area that I think is more "boy focused" is the Ninja area, but my girls still liked the ride. There is a Lego Friends area, which is overtly girly - my girls really liked this area.

I do agree that Legoland is a letdown for adults after Disneyland. We had the Costco year pass and by the end of the year I never wanted to see LEGOLAND again (still don't ever want to pay for it again :>). My girls would still be willing to go though. I will say the food is generally better there.

Legoland is for boys and girls. And for moms, too -- there is a nice outlet mall very nearby, so make sure to stop there while you are in Carlsbad. That outlet mall has a Ruby's Diner (and kids love eating at Ruby's!) -- burgers, shakes, sock hop theme -- and a small Disney Store outlet (where you might find some t-shirts and things at lower prices than at the parks.

Our girls love legos and legoland! Sure, the park isn't completely pink or anything, but it's definitely not geared towards boys, just kids/families... there are rides like any theme park. The lego friends area is gone and will be the lego movie land... but again, there is nothing gendered about any of the rides. Girls can (and do!) like dragons and rollercoasters and ninjas as much as a boy. Ninjago has a female character too... (we were able to meet her at Legoland Florida, which the girls loved) So if your kids like lego, then this would be a great choice!!!

Yes, we went and my 10yo girl had a blast. Neither she nor the 4yo boy was particularly into Lego beforehand, and the more important theming seemed to be of the individual rides. (For example, the ocean theme of the submarine ride was more important than the Lego aspect.) That said, it was an effective Lego advertisement for them both...

We are planning on a day at Legoland this spring (before our Disneyland visit) with our 6 year old DS and 9 year old DD. Both kids enjoy building Legos, but the 6 year old is obsessed. My DD was skeptical of Legoland, but I think it was more the age. She kept saying it was “for babies”🙄 But when we got online and looked at everything she was quite interested! I think they are both going to really enjoy it.

Your girls seem to be at good ages, so if they’re interested I would go. They’ll be too big before you know it!

Do it. Go now, before they're too old. Legoand is best for those 12 and under. I liked the change of pace. You can ride everything. You don't skip attractions because the wait time is too long. The aquarium is nice, too, and Legoland Hotels (in FL and CA) are actually my favorites. Plenty of Star Wars content, too, in case that matters for someone in your party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!