Legoland plan of attack?

JennCa

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a plan of attack for a visit to Legoland? It would most likely be in late April/ early to Mid-May? We are going to drive down in between my 10 month olds treatment. I have a 4 year old girl who is a daredevil and we have never been to that park. Can anyone tell me which are the slow loading rides we need to go on first? What is she likely to really like and want to go on again?

Was also wondering how busy Thursdays are since it is cheaper with the pass where you can only go on Thursdays.

Any insight would be helpful.

Jenn

I am at work and don't have a Legoland map. but i remebr that on the left were the rides for the smaller kids. You may want to Check their website for a map..

We are annual pass holders and go about once a month. It can get busy in the summer, but I don't think it's very difficult to do the whole park in more than 3-4 hours especially on a Thursday. Have a great trip!

Would you say that a Thursday is about the same crowds as Wed or Tues? I figure the weekends are busy and would like to avoid the crowds. Are there any very slow loading rides that we should go to first?

I'm a bit surprised that we could do everything in a couple hours. It is almost the price of Disneyland so I had expected a bit more. We've never been and my daughter is 4 so it seems like a good choice.

Jenn

Check the website..Legoland is closed on the off season on Tuesdays and Wednesdays!! Thursday is usually busier than Monday or Friday due to the "Model Mom" program..but still nt all that crazy. Depending upon your daughter's height..would dictate the rides that you can go on. My daughter at 3 could ride the "biggest" rides, so we mostly gave the little kid rides a skip.
So, if you go on a Thursday which is full of "model Moms" and their toddlers, do not head to the left to start. That is where they all go. If you head to the right, you can go through the whole bionicle section (has a tea-cup type ride and the fastest roller coaster..and head to Knight's knigdom where you willfind on of the two SLOERST loading rides of all time. It is a "knight Tournament" ride where the kids, without parents ride a horse (mechanincal) around a scenic little trail. The pony bobs a bit like a real horse. We were there today and waited 35 minutes to board a pony in the afternoon. Across the way, we waited 2 minutes to ride the Dragon coaster!!
Legoland is ridiculously costly...but awesome for the little ones. Make sure she gets plenty of time to play in Funtown..cute as anything little playgrounds with houses and scenes. If the weather is warm..great little water park too...in the pirate theme area. Have fun.

We are just back from our third trip there.

We have learned to hit the Sky Coaster first, followed by the Kid Power Tower (maybe called Sky Tower). Then we go to the driving school. Everything else can be hit as you get to it, but the Sky Coaster and Driving School can take a while to get on if you wait.

Would you say that a Thursday is about the same crowds as Wed or Tues? I figure the weekends are busy and would like to avoid the crowds. Are there any very slow loading rides that we should go to first?

I'm a bit surprised that we could do everything in a couple hours. It is almost the price of Disneyland so I had expected a bit more. We've never been and my daughter is 4 so it seems like a good choice.

Jenn

3-4 hrs? NO WAY! Not if it's the first time there especially. We went last month on a Friday and it was not crowded at all which was wonderful!
We were there from 11am until it closed at 5pm and we definitely could have used another hour or 2 and we didn't even see any shows at all. (Apparently the shows are good BTW)

I have kids ages 8,5,2 and it was absolutely perfect for them as far as the rides. I think they liked it better than DL in many ways ;)

I would just start on the left side and work your way around.

At the back of the park is the Pirate Island and it's a water play area so either bring suits or avoid that area if you don't want the kids to get wet. We avoided that area since it was cooler the day we went.

I honestly think this park is one of those best kept secrets for kids under 10 or so-the rides are fun, not as much walking as DL since it's a smaller park, and there's more rides for the younger kids. I wish we would have spent 2 days there instead of 3 at DL!
And the driving cars ride is better than Autotopia! :thumbsup2

We have been there 3 times and my kids absolutely love it. We are from NJ and last summer (they were 9 and 11) they still were very into it. First time we went I think they were 6 and 4. I agree with the previous posters..the slowest boarding ride that is the most worth it is the driving school where they drive cars and get legoland licenses. That is going to be to your left when you enter, past the kiddie rides. At the top far right, the dragon rides..roller coaster and the horse riding thing also were very slow boarding. We were there in August and the water park area was awesome for a break. If you have a hot day, and get there in the morning..start off to your left and just do everything on your way "uphill"...its set up like a big circle so you can just follow all around. When you get up the hill, you will hit the water park just at midday and will be perfect to cool off. We were there once in April and had a nice day...but very breezy and definitely would not have been able to do the water rides (but they didnt have them then, they are new). When you are done with the dragon area, you walk thru the Lego cities...every major city in the world you can think of done in Legos..with moving things...its really quite a sight and we loved it every time. Its a very nice relaxing part of the day and a good break from the rides to stroll thru there and check it out. Then the other "ride" area just past that, which would be to the right of the entrance, is a good way to end up. I think the main thing to know is to follow the path around, whether you choose to go right or left from the entrance..you don't want to be running back to different sections. I just like the way you can do the rides, then the water, then some rides, then the lego cities, then rides again if you go left first. HAVE FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter