Lenght of Stay Stroller Rental Questions

Chip126

<font color=CC66CC>A Tag is a Wish your Heart Make
I don't know if I am posting in the right forum or not, but has anyone used the length of stay stroller rental yet? I read about this in the All Ears Newsletter. If you have, could you tell me how much the cost is?

Thanks in advance!

I would think that buying a cheap stroller at Walmart or Target is a lot cheaper way to go.

We do this every trip and then when our trip is over we look for a family who looks like they may need a stroller or are currently renting one and pass it along and ask them to do the same.

It is a great way to save moeny for not only you but a few other families as well.

:p

Cheaper, perhaps, but we're converts to the Disney-issued rentals, particularly the double strollers.

The very qualities that make WDW's strollers impractical for home use (bulky, can't fold well) make them very nice for park strolling. The ride is very smooth, they're easy to push, and they have good storage. During the F&W Festival, we use the top to hold plates of food, too. Besides, most 4-6 year old kids won't fit in the cheap strollers one might buy for the trip.

While we usually bring a cheap "umbrella" stroller for the baby, our two older kids spend all their time in one of the double-stroller rentals. Given that, this "length of stay" option is a great thing-- it makes what is in our view the optimal stroller solution marginally more economical.

We bought a double stroller a couple of years ago, and promptly sold it two weeks ago because my little boy's outgrown it.

We DEFINITELY plan on renting the double stroller; believe it costs $15 a day. Is there a length of stay discount out there?

THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL!!!!

We're arriving next thursday and planning to bring our own stroller, so this question was very relevent for me. I just called WDW-INFO and was told that the program is basically a 'pre-paid rental' with no discount. The first time you visit one of the theme parks during your stay, you prepay for the number of days you're staying and you get a 'voucher' which allows you to bypass the line and grab a stroller.

Doesn't sound like a very good deal to me. In fact, for people staying for long trips like us (10 days) it's actually a turn-off because there's no way I'm going to plunk down $150 (for a double stroller) just for the convenience of bypassing the payment line. I would consider it if the discount was substantial.

Of course, there's no way of knowing if the info I received is accurate. The CM I spoke with had nothing in front of him so he had to put me on hold and ask someone. Also, since it's a test, they could always modify it and perhaps add a discount, but I suspect they'd have to sell the LOS stroller passes at the resorts so they could tie them into your ressie (like UMPs).

Pete,
thanks for the info:)
If you find out when you go that it's changed please let us know!

For myself even though it'll be 8 days at $15 a day that's what we're going to have to do because the WDW strollers will fit my lanky 5 y r old and his little sister--we sold our double less than a month ago because he's outgrown it.

Hoping they'll implement a discount for people who need it for long stays.

Has anyone done this yet? Looking for some info about pricing, no discount, right?

One more question...Does this program allow you to just prepay any number of days, that is, does it have to be for the dates of your stay? Or can you do it for any number of days you choose? If you're staying for 8 days, can you prepay for, say 5, or must it be tied to your exact length of stay? :confused:

Thanks!

We get a double stroller every day. The line to get a stroller in the morning can be frustrating, so if the program allows you to bypass the line to pay, even without a discount that would be perfect!

The double strollers are so large that my 4 and 5 yr olds loved them. It was so much easier to get around. They would never get into a stoller anywhere else and it kept their little legs from wearing out.

Just got back last Thrusday. Stayed from Aug 8-21 Pardon me if I sound a little discombobulated.

We did the length of stay stroller while there. We rented a double stroller on our first day at the Magic Kingdom. They only allow you to rent in 5 day increments which was $75 for the 5 days. Personally, we felt it was kind of a pain in the butt. You have to keep up with the reciept in order to get a stroller for the next day, if you lose it, you are out of a stroller. There are no discounts for renting the Length of Stay Stroller. I hope this helps.

I'm still a little confused. Did the 5 days have to be consecutive days or could you get a 5-day rental to be used anytime? We will be there 8 days, but will only be in the World for 5 days. Thanks!

I'm still a little confused. Did the 5 days have to be consecutive days or could you get a 5-day rental to be used anytime? We will be there 8 days, but will only be in the World for 5 days. Thanks!

No the 5 days do not have to be used consecutively. Matter of fact we used a stroller for the first three days and then on our 6th and 7th day down there we decided to use the stroller again.

Kimickey,

Thanks so much for the info. It's been hard trying to find the answers you just provided, I appreciate it!

BTW, did you get a coupon for a Pal Mickey or was that just for the first week that they started the prepaid stroller program?

Thanks again!

Sue:D

BTW, did you get a coupon for a Pal Mickey or was that just for the first week that they started the prepaid stroller program?

Yes we did recieve a coupon for a free one day Pal Mickey rental. However I do not know how long they will run this offer.

I hope this helps!

The lack of ANY kind of discount should, one would think, create a singificant market opportunity for a local entrepreneur or, more likely, one of the existing "baby-supply" rental outfits discussed on the Family board. Anyone affiliated with such an outfit able to speak to this? Are such strollers even available for sale anywhere?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, their bulk may make them impractical for storage in hotel rooms, etc., but I'd think at least a segment of the market would exchange the inconvenience for what can be a serious cash savings if rented for the week from a third party.

We usually stay on-site for 8 days or so-- that's $120 in rentals. It's worth it, but that doesn't mean I'm not a little ticked at the incredibly high margin Disney's making off me. There must be a better way (he said weakly, knowing the answer to be 'no, there isn't'.....)

I see where you're going with that and you're right--I'm not at all happy with the idea of paying $120 for our upcoming trip either.

But it's not just the inconvenience of no hotel storage space--Disney also has us on another angle--GETTING the huge double stroller to the hotel as well :( Dinsey transportation is out--and even the mightiest of SUVs would find it a challenge

If it can be folded up and/or brought from home then it's probably too small for my children's size...

I suspect that WDW isn't going to find it that popular if guests have to pony up over $100 up front; that's a shock to the wallet.

A *much* better way to handle it, IMHO, is to code it onto room id's, rather the way that car rental companies offer to pre-fill the tank. They see the kids, they offer, "Would you like to add instant stroller rental for the parks? No waiting in line. It's X per day for a single, Y for a double, and we'll refund any days you don't use it." Painless, until you see your bill at check-out.

They could easily put a card-scanner at the stroller pick-up area that would allow CM's to quickly express-process strollers for pre-paid onsite guests.

BTW, some of the off-site rental companies in Orlando do rent extra-large strollers; they are meant for special-needs youth.

BabyJogger sells an extra large folding version of the MGM rental stroller, it is rated for 200 lbs. Called the Specialty 2; it is about $500 at retail, and has a divider flap you can use to convert it to use as a double. Their more commonly sold high-capacity model is the Twinner II jogger; total capacity 150 lbs., apparently you have to take all 4 wheels off to fold it.

The highest-weight small-fold stroller I know of is the Kidco Lifestyle LST5000; combined weight up to 100 lbs. (This is a double umbrella stroller.) The very nice Kelty Deuce Coupe jogger is rated for 110 lbs, and folds to about 1'x1'x4' with the wheels still on; amazing for a full-size jogging stroller. On the Kelty, the larger the wheels, the better the maneuverability, there is a choice of wheel sizes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter