Let the Wookiee Win: An August Solo Adventure! *Updated 11/17*

Oh man! Sounds like fun! But no eating your weight in desserts? Dessert party: you're not doing it right.
I know! What was I thinking?! Missed opportunity there :sad2:

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this, Tracy!! :sad1: I've been behind around here, so I hope that by now you're feeling much more like yourself. That's rough. I can only imagine how miserable you were.
Thank you so much :goodvibes I've been hovering at about 90-95% back-to-normal - which I'll happily take! :thumbsup2

But I do understand to an extent. The very first time I started getting really ill before my brain condition was diagnosed, it was on a Disney trip with my mom. We had 10 days there, and I did fine the first half of the trip, then spend most of the second half in bed. My mom kept trying to get me out and about so I could enjoy what I could of the vacation, but I wouldn't be able to manage it, or I'd be out for an hour and then head right back to bed for the rest of the day. It's never good to be sick, but it's so much more frustrating and heartbreaking when you're supposed to be doing all kinds of fun things at the happiest place on earth!
Oh, no. This sounds awful what you went through on that trip. You're totally right - it's miserable because that's the opposite of what your vacation should be!

Maybe you could just report the first three fun days? I definitely understand not wanting to relive that trip though! The few pictures you shared looked great :)
That's a good idea :thumbsup2 School starts back up for me on Monday, so I'll evaluate after I get the syllabus :laughing: Aww - thank you! :goodvibes

Just caught up on your posts. I am so sorry your trip ended the way it did. What a horrible feeling.

I'm glad you have great memories of your meet on the first night and your time with your dad. A make-up trip is definitely in order.

:hug:

Just caught up on your posts. I am so sorry your trip ended the way it did. What a horrible feeling.
Thank you so much! It really was such a bummer, I'm trying not to think of the money I spent to stay in the hotel room watching HGTV :sad2: :laughing:

I'm glad you have great memories of your meet on the first night and your time with your dad. A make-up trip is definitely in order.

Yes, I couldn't agree more! :thumbsup2

Glad to hear you are on the mend. That must have been so scary, especially alone and away from home. I had a horrible gastro bug once while at a hotel and I just felt so helpless. But you had good memories to start the trip at least!! So let's focus on those instead :)

Playing catch up around the DIS this week......

Bummed that your August photos went missing. :sad1:

Even though it's been six months now, I can still feel that awful cold from January! I ended up getting sick but not till after the trip so I feel for you during your May trip. That would be awful to lose Disney time to being sick. :worried:

Glad to hear you are on the mend. That must have been so scary, especially alone and away from home.
Thank you! :goodvibes It really was :sad2:

I had a horrible gastro bug once while at a hotel and I just felt so helpless.
Isn't awful, isn't it?!

But you had good memories to start the trip at least!! So let's focus on those instead :)
I like the way you think :thumbsup2

Playing catch up around the DIS this week......
I hear that... ;)

Bummed that your August photos went missing. :sad1:
Ugh, you and me both ::yes::

Even though it's been six months now, I can still feel that awful cold from January!
Right?! Me too!

I ended up getting sick but not till after the trip so I feel for you during your May trip. That would be awful to lose Disney time to being sick. :worried:
It really was :sad2:

Oh, honey! I'm so sorry that your trip didn't end as magically as it began! And you have my total sympathies. Last week, on the 4th of July no less, I got hit with Vertigo myself! It's NO FUN. I can't imagine FLYING with it. You are a warrior, I swear. (Not that you had any choice, but still.) At least the first few days here happy ones!

By the way... May 2019? ;)

Oh, honey! I'm so sorry that your trip didn't end as magically as it began! And you have my total sympathies. Last week, on the 4th of July no less, I got hit with Vertigo myself! It's NO FUN. I can't imagine FLYING with it. You are a warrior, I swear. (Not that you had any choice, but still.) At least the first few days here happy ones!
Thank you! And OH NO - you had it too?! How long did yours last? It's the worst, isn't it?!

By the way... May 2019? ;)
Most definitely! ;) I just set up my facebook account - you'll find me under Tracy Organa :laughing:

Thank you! And OH NO - you had it too?! How long did yours last? It's the worst, isn't it?!
The dizziness for about 4 days. The nausea I'm still having occasional problems with 10 days after it started. :sick:

Most definitely! ;) I just set up my facebook account - you'll find me under Tracy Organa :laughing:
Bahaha! I saw that name pop up today and KNEW it had to be my Tracy! :cutie:

Hello, friends! I'm making a rare reappearance on my poor, defunct TR to share you with a wonderful Dismeet I had with @pkondz back in September! You'll find his account of this here, or at least it'll be on that page... me + technology don't always play nicely together.

Anywho... as you may have already read on his TR, one time, a long, long time ago, pkondz promised me that he'd one day make it to The Corning Museum of Glass - my workplace! And he upheld that promise! I can't tell you how much it meant to me that he did... Corning isn't exactly... in the middle of somewhere. Although - according to our marketing department - we are conveniently located on a direct path between NYC and Niagara Falls. So, if either (or neither!) are convenient for you... come visit me, too! :thumbsup2

Pkondz's TRs were some of the very first I binge read many moons ago. If you don't read them yourself... you should 1) ask yourself why and then 2) immediately head over and subscribe! ::yes:: So to say I was excited about this meet would be an understatement. Something was wrong with the time that day though, because our visit was supposed to be a few hours long and ended up being all of 30 seconds. Except according to our watches, it was a few hours somehow? I don't know how that happens. :confused3 Time flies when you're having fun. And we really did! It felt like we'd known each other forever :goodvibes

Since my story telling abilities could never rival his... I'll just share a few photos - I think at least some of these are different than the ones he shared. Also... in case you haven't read his update... any Star Wars fans out there should tell me what they think about the crystal fox one... look familiar?! :rolleyes1

IMG_2560.jpg
Here we are in front of the world's most giant necklace (don't fact check me on that one... I'm just guessing!) ;)

IMG_2563.jpg
Here we are in front of a really cool exhibition that we are currently disassembling :(

IMG_2564.jpg
Here we are on the pedestrian bridge on our way back from lunch - you can see a tower in the background. It's called Little Joe tower and used to be used to stretch glass to make thermometers! Corning, Inc. headquarters can be seen too.

IMG_2562.jpg
The "crystal fox".

IMG_2566.jpg
My loot! Pkondz also surprised me with this wonderful array of chocolate candy (he knows me so well! :goodvibes) And you'll see a package of ketchup chips in the center. Admittedly, I was on the fence about these at first but OH. MY. GOODNESS. I need these in my life. And a lot of them. So much so that I'm willing to move to Canada to procure these babies on the regular. ::yes::

Thank you again pkondz for coming all the way to meet me. It meant the world to me! And I hope we never run out of opportunities to meet in the future :hug: I've been so lucky to meet so many of you, and I cherish that time so much. It's what makes the Dis so special :grouphug:

Thanks for reading! I'm hoping that my next trip to Disney will be one I write another TR about. You may know that my last trip (May 2018) was less than fantastic, aside from an awesome Dismeet with @SleepingRebecca and some time with my dad (who lives in Florida). I ended up with the worst case of vertigo I've ever had and it completely ruined the second half of my trip - the vertigo took over where the week-long non-stop torrential rain left off. :sad2: To say that I need a do-over is an understatement! BUT... I'm about to embark on my next - AND FINAL! - semester of my graduate program and will graduate May 11. :hyper::hyper::hyper: Then... I'll focus on planning a celebratory trip ;)

Still gonna push you to blow off your finals and celebrate with us in May!!!!

How awesome that a dis'er got to come see your work. If I ever find myself traveling from New York to Niagra Falls (which of course I do all the time) I'll be sure to stop :-)

Admittedly, I was on the fence about these at first but OH. MY. GOODNESS. I need these in my life. And a lot of them. So much so that I'm willing to move to Canada to procure these babies on the regular. ::yes::

I highly recommend you move to Canada anyway! Or at least come visit!!! :hug: You'll have to do a whole lot of travelling to have Dismeet with both me AND @pkondz if you come to Canada, since I live further from him than I do from Disney World. But Canada's super awesome and there's so much to see that it would be worth it!

BUT... I'm about to embark on my next - AND FINAL! - semester of my graduate program and will graduate May 11. :hyper::hyper::hyper: Then... I'll focus on planning a celebratory trip ;)

You're so close now! Very excited for you! You'll have to do some serious celebrating this spring! I have a major stretch-goal dream-trip to go to Disneyland Paris after I graduate. But no matter what, there'll definitely be a trip of some kind happening.

The next few months will hopefully speed by for you - how exciting to be so close to the finish line!! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Love that you got to have a special meet with Pkondz and I hope you and I are able to cross paths in our Dis Future!!

The Corning Museum of Glass - my workplace!
I didn't realize that is where you worked! I went there a long time ago.... And if we ever go up to Syracuse, maybe we can try and make it that way as well. One day we will actually make that trip. We keep talking about doing it, just haven't gone through with plans.

Anything is possible... :rolleyes1 I actually don't have finals this semester and could *potentially* actually be done by late April... we'll see if the stars align... :rolleyes:

If I ever find myself traveling from New York to Niagra Falls (which of course I do all the time) I'll be sure to stop :-)
Yes! Please do ::yes:: :laughing:

I highly recommend you move to Canada anyway!
Trust me... it's been a serious consideration of mine for the last couple years anyway ;)

But Canada's super awesome and there's so much to see that it would be worth it!
Yes!!! I agree completely! :thumbsup2

You're so close now! Very excited for you!
Thank you! :goodvibes

You'll have to do some serious celebrating this spring!
::yes::

I have a major stretch-goal dream-trip to go to Disneyland Paris after I graduate. But no matter what, there'll definitely be a trip of some kind happening.
Ooooh, I hope that works out for you! That would be AMAZING!!! :goodvibes

The next few months will hopefully speed by for you - how exciting to be so close to the finish line!! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:
Yes! It's so close I can practically taste it! :hyper:

Love that you got to have a special meet with Pkondz and I hope you and I are able to cross paths in our Dis Future!!
It was such a special memory, and I hope we'll cross paths again in the future too!

Looks like a fun meet, it is so nice to meet Dis friends! How nice to show him around your town and work!
Thanks, Caroline - it really was a great meet! How nice we are able to meet Disney lovers from all over because of this fabulous place we call the Dis :grouphug:

And if we ever go up to Syracuse, maybe we can try and make it that way as well. One day we will actually make that trip. We keep talking about doing it, just haven't gone through with plans.
Yes, please do! I'd love to meet you guys! :goodvibes And if all you're able to swing is Syracuse... I'd happily come there! My sister and her family live there and I'm there often already! :thumbsup2

BUT... I'm about to embark on my next - AND FINAL! - semester of my graduate program and will graduate May 11. :hyper::hyper::hyper: Then... I'll focus on planning a celebratory trip ;)

Wow! You are almost done! That is SO exciting! A celebration trip is definitely in order. Hope you are settling in to your new place! :)

Wow! You are almost done! That is SO exciting! A celebration trip is definitely in order.
It's super exciting! I thought you'd agree on the celebratory trip ;)

Hope you are settling in to your new place! :)
You're so sweet for remembering! :goodvibes Yes, I really am. I'm about 95% done now! I hope to finish up the rest today... before the semester starts tomorrow... :faint: :laughing:

Hello, friends! I'm making a rare reappearance on my poor, defunct TR to share you with a wonderful Dismeet I had with @pkondz back in September!

:wave2:

me + technology don't always play nicely together.

:laughing: You done good. It's the very next post on the page, so people should be able to find it. :)

one time, a long, long time ago, pkondz promised me that he'd one day make it to The Corning Museum of Glass - my workplace! And he upheld that promise!

A promise is a promise.

I can't tell you how much it meant to me that he did... Corning isn't exactly... in the middle of somewhere.

But it is just around the corner from it.

If you don't read them yourself... you should 1) ask yourself why and then 2) immediately head over and subscribe! ::yes::

Thanks for the plug. :)

So to say I was excited about this meet would be an understatement.

:laughing: So was I!

Something was wrong with the time that day though, because our visit was supposed to be a few hours long and ended up being all of 30 seconds. Except according to our watches, it was a few hours somehow? I don't know how that happens. :confused3 Time flies when you're having fun. And we really did! It felt like we'd known each other forever :goodvibes

I know!! It felt like I'd just gotten there and it was time to get going. Next time I need to spend a day... or two.
(No, I don't expect you to entertain me for 2 days. But I would like to see more of the museum and do some glass classes. That sounded like fun! :))

Since my story telling abilities could never rival his...

Oh, posh. Don't be silly.

I think at least some of these are different than the ones he shared.

::yes::

Here we are on the pedestrian bridge on our way back from lunch - you can see a tower in the background. It's called Little Joe tower and used to be used to stretch glass to make thermometers!

That's what it is!
I did take a photo... then when it came time to write the chapter, I didn't post it (I was running up against my limit, probably).
I couldn't for the life of me remember the significance of the tower. Thanks!

IMG_1083_zpsbyaivdxa.jpg

And you'll see a package of ketchup chips in the center. Admittedly, I was on the fence about these at first but OH. MY. GOODNESS. I need these in my life. And a lot of them.

:laughing:
I certainly know what to bring you next time.

Thank you again pkondz for coming all the way to meet me. It meant the world to me! And I hope we never run out of opportunities to meet in the future :hug:

Me too!

And it was my pleasure.

I ended up with the worst case of vertigo I've ever had and it completely ruined the second half of my trip - the vertigo took over where the week-long non-stop torrential rain left off. :sad2:

A do-over is definitely required, here.

Yay! Not too far away now!!

:lmao:

You'll have to do a whole lot of travelling to have Dismeet with both me AND @pkondz if you come to Canada,

@MeghanEmily that reminds me!
Several years ago, my dad (who also lives in Winnipeg) gets a letter from some relatives who live in Germany. They let him know they're coming to Canada and wondered if he could pick them up at the airport.

They were flying in to Halifax.

:laughing:

Funny thing is... I think he did! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!