** Lets Chat - Daily Chit Chat**

florida sun

Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe!
Morning everyone:wave:

Just thought I would start a little thread to see if you fancy having a daily chat! :chat:Doesnt have to be about anything in particular, just what ever you feel like chatting about within the board rules. (no religion/politics):idea:

I know we have a couple of people on here who dont frequent Facebook, so it might be nice to have a catch up on here. I will start:

As you know Im in the process of having major building work done on the back of my house, originally it was planned to take 2-3 weeks, but as one ofthe walls collapsed when the rendering was taken off its now planned to take 6-7 weeks:duck:

I dont currently have any kitchen at all, and finding it really difficult with eating and clothes washing, so I will be happy when its all back to normal.:laundy:

I will post up some pictures later of how it currently looks for you to see the progress.:blush:

So whats happening with you?.........

6-7 weeks! Eek! But it will be worth it in the end ::yes::

I hate getting work done to the house! It doesn't help that I was not gifted with huge amounts of patience, so I just want it done & my house back!

We got our bathroom replaced about 1.5 months ago. We are still waiting for them to come back to seal parts which were missed, there is small cracks in the grouting between the tile floors & we have a big wall cabinet that they took down and said they would put back up.
We could probably put it back up ourselves, but we got panelling on the walls and I know it will be just my luck that we start to drill through the panelling and something goes wrong! We will have to chase them up again, but for now we continue to leave out of our toiletry bags :rotfl2:

Apart from that we are on leave, have terrible weather so the back bedroom has been gutted and re-organised! Feeling like I have tackled a huge mission today! :woohoo:

We've been in our house for 28 years now and I keep putting off having any work done.

At the moment we are counting down the days that DD will be coming home from uni. I never thought when we waved DS off 6 years ago that we'd all be back under the same roof. It might be a good time to find out if there is anyway we can fit a 2nd bathroom or shower room into the house. I think times might get a little fraught with 4 adults all wanting to use the same bathroom. (How I yearn for the days when the kids were small enough to share a bath!)

Well I went home from work yesterday and they put in a new window and laid the new kitchen floor, so its all taking shape now.:magnify:

Jemma I hope they come back and finish off the snagging on your new bathroom, once they leave thats the problem getting them back again:bored:

Libby, I bet you cant wait to have her home from Uni, I miss my daughter so much, and loved it when she came home. Unfortunatly she now lives in Colchester whith her boyfriend, and works in London so I dont see her as often as I would like:(

The weather here today is dreadful, its pouring down with rain, and quite windy,where did summer go?:beach:

Well I went home from work yesterday and they put in a new window and laid the new kitchen floor, so its all taking shape now.:magnify:

Jemma I hope they come back and finish off the snagging on your new bathroom, once they leave thats the problem getting them back again:bored:
The weather here today is dreadful, its pouring down with rain, and quite windy,where did summer go?:beach:

Thankfully they are a fairly well-established company with a number of offices. Just need these few last things done and that is the bathroom done!

Glad your kitchen is starting to take shape. I think the floor going down is my favourite bit (if there can be a favourite bit to these things!). Not sure why, maybe because it starts to make the room look nearly there?!

It is dry here today, although cloudy with a breeze!

I plan to do some decorating in my house sometime this year (need to fit it around shifts). I was lucky when I bought it 4 yrs ago it didn't need anything doing except the drive which I got done.

Work is horrendous at the moment, night shifts are the worse as its exceptionally busy so pretty much only get our break in the 12 hrs.

Just given my motorbike a run as its been garaged since October and it's MOT is due Monday.

Hope to get a holiday booked soon, just need my friend to get his leave granted and then we can book. Just plan to relax the rest of the day as its my last day off for the next 4 days

Remind me what you do @tennisfan Are you an ambulance tech, I seem to remember somebody on here was? I have never ridden a motorbike, although I have been knocked over by one.....twice:faint: My own fault I might add, the first one offered to take me to hospital on the back of his:rotfl2:

Oh my gosh!! I'm going to vent a little here, apologies in advance.

I've just tried to renew my TV license which at £145.50 is bloody ridiculously expensive. So I've put all my details into the website and after clicking the pay button the webpage has got stuck on "processing" for two hours! Then the webpage crashed. I checked my bank balance on my phone so they've taken my money but the TV license page is still saying its expired! Grrrr.

I'm not worried about them getting me for not having a license i'm just annoyed because its yet another pain having to chase to get them to do something about it. The people on the phone just said I'm going to have to wait 3 days! What a waste of time.

OK rant over... haha. I really don't like paying for the TV license.

Rachel, I had the same issue the last time I did mine, it did come out of the bank straight away and after a couple of days the website updated my details, so hopefully it should all be ok:surfweb:

I hate paying for the licence, however I also hate advertising so can see why we do. :thumbsup2

Remind me what you do @tennisfan Are you an ambulance tech, I seem to remember somebody on here was? I have never ridden a motorbike, although I have been knocked over by one.....twice:faint: My own fault I might add, the first one offered to take me to hospital on the back of his:rotfl2:

Yes that's correct I work for the ambulance service. Until last year I hadn't ridden a bike for several years but a friend of mine was selling hers and I had been thinking about getting back into it so I bought hers.

Hope you weren't too injured by being hit twice by a motorbike

I hate paying for the licence, however I also hate advertising so can see why we do. :thumbsup2

Fair point lol. I'm glad yours fixed itself in a couple of days. I'll just be patient. :rolleyes1

At least the BBC does put out some quality programming. I pay for NowTV which when you work it out, comes out way cheaper than the TV license and also doesn't have adverts but has great (mostly american) shows. NowTV = 6.99 a month, TV license = £12.13 a month.

Ah well... If i want BBC, i gotta pay for BBC.

Remind me what you do @tennisfanI have never ridden a motorbike, although I have been knocked over by one.....twice:faint: My own fault I might add, the first one offered to take me to hospital on the back of his:rotfl2:

...:eek:

Oh my gosh!! I'm going to vent a little here, apologies in advance.

I've just tried to renew my TV license which at £145.50 is bloody ridiculously expensive. So I've put all my details into the website and after clicking the pay button the webpage has got stuck on "processing" for two hours! Then the webpage crashed. I checked my bank balance on my phone so they've taken my money but the TV license page is still saying its expired! Grrrr.

I'm not worried about them getting me for not having a license i'm just annoyed because its yet another pain having to chase to get them to do something about it. The people on the phone just said I'm going to have to wait 3 days! What a waste of time.

OK rant over... haha. I really don't like paying for the TV license.

There is the ridiculous TV license and all the hassle paying it can bring, but then there is.....SKY! :scared1: Oh how I hate dealing with Sky.

omg! yes Sky, dealing with them is an absolute nightmare!

My mum who is quite elderly and poorly had an issue about a month ago and I arranged a call out for her, first they didnt arrive, then they sent a new box for her to self install, which niether of us could do, then they wouldnt speak to me when I was trying to sort it out from my home, due to the fact of data protection, even tho I told them I have power of attorny for mum and due to her illness I can speak for her! They are a nightmare!!!

We certainly get our moneys worth from a TV licence. 4 adults in one house with tvs, computers or tablets plus lots of radio 4 in the car and test match special on the kitchen radio.

We had problems a couple of years ago when we had a TiVo box installed. The installer had problems with it but said it would "settle" in 7 days and to call back in a week if we were still having problems. DH has a technical background so when it still hadn't connected correctly in 24 hours he phoned up Virgin to complain. The service engineer that came to sort it out found a fault outside our property in a junction box down the road and after a few hours work got us up and running.

The service engineer was wonderful and worked hard at solving the problem. He did say that if there are problems in the first 7 days after an installation it is logged as an installation error but after 7 days it is just logged as a system fault so the installer was trying to cover his own tracks by telling us not to complain in the first 7 days! We wrote a stroppy letter to Virgin and got our installation fee refunded plus some free services for 3 months.

On the whole we have had good service from Virgin but that installer was awful.

On the whole we have had good service from Virgin but that installer was awful.

I used to have Virgin and I also think that their customer service is exellent, all but one expception. The cold calling Virgin sales people.

"can we offer you a free upgrade?"
"oh that sounds good, please go on"
Long winded explanation then... "Yes, so it will cost an extra £10 a month"
"How is that a free upgrade?"
"You don't have to pay for the new router"
"right..."
*click*

EE do that, they keep trying to sell me more data with an iPad!

On another note, it's FRIDAYYYY :D

EE do that, they keep trying to sell me more data with an iPad!

Too true! They also ring me at least every 3 months or so.

I once had a cold caller from EE list off stuff like iPads, iPods etc and said "which one do you want". I said none of them and he has the cheek to say (bearing in mind he'd rung me on a Saturday no less) "so yooouuu DON'T need an iPad", in a really condescending way. Look I don't mind them calling and will say nicely thanks but no thanks, but I hate it when they're rude!

So I simply said... seeing as I'll be paying for this "free" iPad in one way or another from you (EE), no I don't want a bloody iPad. I don't have the money to splash out on one and to be honest I don't need one. I have a perfectly good laptop that works perfectly so NO I DON'T need an iPad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!