** Lets Chat - Daily Chit Chat**

Another daily reader here. :) Never ever been on FB and have no intention of doing so.

Well, we're back from our Cardiff trip. What a beautiful city. I didn't do my research properly though and wondered why we hadn't been able to get a room for Friday night - turns out there was a major football match taking place with armed police everywhere.

It didn't spoil our trip. Our visit to Cardiff Bay coincided with Rhodrhi Morgan's funeral. Quite busy and even more police there.
We visited the Dr Who Experience (a bit meh but DD loved it) and the Castle and museum. Lovely shopping centre too. We really want to visit again. (And we left on Friday afternoon just as the Spanish fans started to take over our hotel.)

Oh no Libby, I cant believe I missed you. I hadnt realised you were coming when the Champions Leaque was being played. Its been a nightmare with parking and roads closed, but its been lovely seeing the city so full and the atmosphere was great.

Oh you must come again, and let me give you some tips on things to do. The summer months are lovely esp down the bay. What hotel did you stay in? I would have def met you for a quick coffee, maybe next time! xx

Thank you - I hadn't even worked out there was an event on. The fact there was no availability for the Friday should have said something to me but we just decided to come a day earlier.

It wasn't too bad, DD (23) and I stayed at the premier inn which was very convenient for everything we wanted to do. We came by train so the road blocks weren't a problem. We were very, very lucky with our timing though as we managed to visit the castle before it was closed for 2 days and got down to the bay the day before the festivities began although it was fairly busy because of the funeral.

As you say, it was a unique atmosphere.

It wasn't too bad, DD (23) and I stayed at the premier inn
Did you get any biscuits?

And before you think I'm totally bats it's because at my last job one of my colleagues happened to mention she preferred staying at premier inns over travelodges because of the biscuits :rotfl2: and another colleague was very miffed because she'd never been given any. So from then on we're all photographing the biscuits every time one of us stayed at a p.i. :rolleyes: I know ..... small things etc :laughing:

Facebook is where everyone tends to go these days I guess, but there is a place for both Im sure.

I do prefer a forum over Facebook for my Disney Vacation Planning.

All the FB groups tend to be full of misinformation, people rattling off opinions, or people who gush over everything and each other in the groups lol
Another daily reader here. :) Never ever been on FB and have no intention of doing so.
You're not missing out, Libby - as I'm sure you realise! :rotfl:

Definitely a place for both in my life - I like fb for family and friends especially those who don't live nearby ( I originally joined to keep in touch with my niece when she went travelling), private cruise meet groups and the wonderful sheltie community where all the groups I'm a member of are lovely. Shame the same can't be said for the other groups - I long long ago turned off my notifications for them, I much prefer a traditional forum like this for information and trip planning. And I especially love that this is a political-free zone! :rotfl2:

Did you get any biscuits?

And before you think I'm totally bats it's because at my last job one of my colleagues happened to mention she preferred staying at premier inns over travelodges because of the biscuits :rotfl2: and another colleague was very miffed because she'd never been given any. So from then on we're all photographing the biscuits every time one of us stayed at a p.i. :rolleyes: I know ..... small things etc :laughing:

:eek: No bikkies for me. I don't think I've ever had them supplied at a Premier Inn. :(

Morning guys

Hope you are all well, just got back from a short 3 day break from Ibiza to celebrate my friemds 50th birthday. Had a fabulous time.

Any news?

That sounds fun.

I'm counting down days until the end of term (I work in a school). I'm hoping the hot weather returns once we have broken up - it's such a waste of sunshine when I'm at work and trying to keep 30 six year olds from getting sunstroke. :)

Morning all

Hope everyone is well

Libby are you on school holidays now?

Weather has got a bit iffy here in Cardiff, the rain is plentiful, still muggy but I wish the clouds would go away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!