Let's do this! Join the Bike Share at Fort Wilderness

grisaleen

Earning My Ears
Hi! I really love to do a bike share similar to the traveling fire pit that seems to be working so well. I realize bikes are going to be a little trickier, but it seems worth it to try! We haven't worked out the details yet, but I'm imagining that the first few families on the list will either bring with them, or purchase during their stay, a couple of bikes that will then stay at Fort Wilderness. We might be able to find some fairly cheap on Craigslist and ask the seller if they will deliver them. We need to have a better idea first if there is enough interest and who will be the first families to go.

We will get a combination lock and simply pass the code along. I'm also planning on buying some stickers to help identify the bikes. Two to four bikes seems reasonable, and at least two of them should be adult bikes. You'd need to be willing to house all of the bikes even if you won't be using all of them.

I'm very excited to make this work out and am more than willing to pitch in to keep the costs down for everyone involved - as long as it's cheaper than (or equal to) renting, I'll come out ahead, and then if it's free after that for others, awesome.

Let's get a schedule going to see if we can do this. I'm not sure how long Disney will let the bikes linger between participants, so we will need to close in the gaps pretty well.

Official list:
Jan 26 - Feb 2 2019 --- grisaleen
June 2 - June 7 2019 --- disneymom04
Oct 22 - Nov 4 2019 --- AliceAnn
Dec 21 2019 - Jan 7 2020 --- elaine amj

Willing to host the bikes to help cover a gap (thank you!) :
Dec 5 2018 - Dec 12 2018 --- DisneyMommyMichelle

Last edited:
We are bringing our own bikes but we will be at the Fort from 12/5 - 12/10 if you need someone to house them or hold them for a gap if needed. We just donated all the old bikes to get the kids new bikes, otherwise I would have just had them bring their old ones and donate to your cause when we left! Good luck getting it going!

Check Facebook Marketplace as well!

Anyone else willing to give this a try? The first group could simply bring/buy/leave behind one bike, and maybe someone else down the line could add another bike. I've been looking at craigslist bikes, but since I won't be there for a while, I'm not making any arrangements yet.

This sounds awesome! I participated in a fridge share many moons ago at Pop and it was so helpful. We are flying so I might end up buying other things and leaving them behind too. We are hopefully staying for almost 3 weeks (piecing together reservations now) and renting is $$ for that long. Considering getting an ECV for my mother and it looks like buying a used one for $500 is cheaper than renting haha.

My dates are Dec 21 2019 to ~ Jan 7 2020

This sounds awesome! I participated in a fridge share many moons ago at Pop and it was so helpful. We are flying so I might end up buying other things and leaving them behind too. We are hopefully staying for almost 3 weeks (piecing together reservations now) and renting is $$ for that long. Considering getting an ECV for my mother and it looks like buying a used one for $500 is cheaper than renting haha.

My dates are Dec 21 2019 to ~ Jan 7 2020

Last time we went we got an ECV for a week for my mom and it was a total lifesaver. We brought our lunches and water and snacks into the park and stuck them in the basket on the ECV so no one had to carry them. Saved us about a billion dollars. She also "carried" our jackets and even umbrellas one day. We are going without her this time and I'm realizing how handy it was to have a vehicle, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter