"Let's See What We Can See!"- Surviving WDW With Three Under 3! Updated 6/2!

I'm here! We had end of school and a big camping trip but now I am finally able to check the boards. I love your day zero recaps.

What is with the smelly people? Ew!!

Here we go! So ready to see what you saw!

This should be the DIS official motto: 5.25 hours of sleep -- not ideal, but enough to get you through your day when paired with Disney Adrenaline!

Sounds and LOOKS ah-mazing!

Maybe I'm just tired but this is the funniest thing I've ever seen an airport do. An OFFICIAL "Recombobulation Area." This is amazing, and I need all airports to designate an area as such.

Gross behavior + a gross smelling guy. Omg. I'm so sorry for you both! Hopefully your return flight wasn't like this!

I love this recurring theme of "passing the time by watching Dance Moms" in this TR

YAY! I can't wait to hear about GDT!!!
Luckily, both of our return flights were MUCH better! Hahah I always love that sign!! I remember the first time they added it, we all just laughed so hard! Dance Moms is definitely a "comfort show" for me :goodvibes something I can just have on in the background and not have to pay attention to!! What show is that for you??
Disney Adrenline has gotten me through many a Disney travel day.

Great morning plans!

So nice to have 1:1 time with your mom!

Yum!!!!! I would love both those choices. :)

A library in the airport???? That's the best thing ever!!

🤢🤢🤢

What in the world is wrong with people? Seriously that behaviour is too, too much!

Ewwwwww!! Personal hygiene people! It's not that difficult.

Much better! Although I need to eat earlyish IRL as I am usually in bed by 9:30.
I loved getting breakfast with my mom! It was a perfect, relaxing way to start the trip ❤️ And I KNOW! People were crazy all day today; luckily, it was the worst behavior we saw all trip!
You have to tell me about this Dance Moms reunion from when the girls are older. I loved watching and over 2020 I watched all the seasons with my daughter.

Your travel day sounds like it was a really nice day and everything went as planned.
Its on the Lifetime App!! It's Brooke, Paige, Chloe, Kendall, Jojo, and Kalani, plus all of their moms, coming back and talking over big moments on the show, how they are doing now, etc. It was a great watch! And YES it was a very smooth travel day, thank goodness!
I knew Tom cheated but had no idea it was with Raquel!!! I lost a lot of time following that story. :rotfl2:
So my husband and I like to send each other gifs throughout the day to get a laugh, and he tried a few times to send me Vanderpump ones. But he had to ask me, "Why are most of them this British kid yelling?" And then curiosity got the better of him and he wanted to see the It's Not About the Pasta scene. Pretty sure I'm close to getting him to fall down the VPR rabbithole.:rotfl:

Good to know about the Valley. I ended up watching Vanderpump Villa. It was okay.

This is exactly why I've been hesitant to buy some! Good to know.

That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to go to the airport together.

A great way to start vacation. I'm sure you both were so, so excited to be headed to Disney (at different times, but still).

What?!?! This is awesome!

Oh dear. That's very unfortunate.
When I lived in Europe, Germany especially, this was a constant battle. Summertime, no a/c, deodorant not being a popular item, conserving water a big deal...:crazy2:
Hopefully the people at Coronado and Disney Springs were more cognizant and didn't make Jake suffer any longer.:laughing:
HAHA I love it!! I have such a love/hate relationship with James. He's so rude sometimes and his issues with alcohol has always made it hard for me to like him. But, dang, he is SO FUNNY (100% the funniest of the group) and makes for perfect reality TV lol.

Oh my goodness, I bet it was awful in Europe!! Definitely a culture difference... I bet that took so long to get used to!! The U.S is just so anal about deodorant/cleanliness etc!!

It really was a relaxing, smooth day (especially for a travel day)! We got very lucky!
That's where I get my Disney jewelry. I don't have the Minnie earrings but I do have a pair of Goofy earrings.
TJ Maxx is the best for cheap, cute stuff!!
This was such a sweet little moment, it brought a tear to my eye! What a great way to start your day, and even better that Jake was able to join you for the ride to the airport after.

This is so awesome; I had no idea!!! What a great idea. I would definitely take advantage of this if Chicago offered one! PS It made me laugh when you mentioned the cranky TSA at O'Hare--it is SO noticeable, isn't it?!! They're better at Midway :)

I feel like I need a Recombobulation Area for my whole life. Especially right now at the end of the school year!

ME TOO!!! That's where I like to run ahead to the bathroom, too :)
It was the perfect travel morning spending it with my mom :goodvibes HAHA- The O'hare people are so Scrooge-like! Jake and I much prefer flying out of Midway... O'hare is just so much closer to both us and Haley/Ryan! But parking/navigation at O'hare is an absolute nightmare.
What a cool airport!!!
I love the Milwaukee airport! But I may be biased because I usually associate it with fun vacation memories :)
Oh this is too funny, I sent my mom a picture of this like a month ago since she's always saying she's discombobulated after going through TSA, and I told her she needs to find this airport to fly into from now on! I had no idea where it was! Apparently we need to take a trip to Milwaukee!

And what was with all the stinky people?!?! I'm not sure if I could handle that for a flight, flying is stressful enough without having to deal with a stinky neighbor plus all the people watching movies without headphones! I'd lose it, I'm so impressed you kept your cool!
HAHA I love it! You definitely should visit Milwaukee- it's like a mini, quirkier Chicago :) Hit me up if you need any recs ;)

Jake and I are (to a fault) non-confrontational so even if they were directly next to us or blowing smoke in our face we probably wouldn't say anything :laughing: we need to get better at that!!
I need to remember to go there. I got my DD some earrings for Christmas but haven't bought myself something. Yours are very cute and your travel outfit looks great.

What a great way to start your vacation.

One on one time between mothers and daughters is special. I have 2 daughters and it's tough when I'm dealing with both in Disney. It's fun to be all together but they both pull me in different directions.

I love this idea.

:rotfl2:

I'm feeling some foreshadowing here.

You're a very cute cheerleader. There's no way you would have ruined anyone's Disney trip.

🤮

I love this text!!!

Looking forward to more.
Awwww, thank you so much :goodvibes I'd like to think I wasn't annoying as a tween though. And yes, definitely some foreshadowing... absolutely no rude or out-of-line behavior from the cheerleaders at all! Just the sheer amount of them made things difficult!
I'm here! We had end of school and a big camping trip but now I am finally able to check the boards. I love your day zero recaps.

What is with the smelly people? Ew!!

Here we go! So ready to see what you saw!
Yay!! Hi Amber so glad you're here! :) It was a fantastic trip!

Day 1 (The One Where Everyone is Rude and Stinky!)- Part 2!

I last left off at Jake and I’s exciting arrival at CSR in our Lyft! We pulled in at 6:05 PM.

So, 1.5 hours from landing to arriving at the hotel; not too shabby, especially since we hit some rush-hour traffic!

We were immediately hit with the classic “Disney lobby” smell as we arrived, as well as this beautiful view!

WOW! So stunning and clean! We had been watching a lot of POVs and tours of this resort before arrival, and somehow, the lobby seemed smaller and more intimate in-person than it did on videos. We loved all of the gold undertones and Spanish vibes!

We headed straight to the room to drop off our stuff and let Jake switch from glasses into contacts.

We were assigned room #0465 on the fourth floor of Gran Destino Tower!

Overall, we were VERY impressed with this room, especially at the price point we paid. It was definitely the nicest and fanciest room of the 3 resorts I stayed at. It looked brand spankin’ new! The shower and bed were especially fantastic and felt very luxe. It didn’t feel like your typical Moderate at all!

The room also had a pretty sweet view of a parking lot :laughing: , but we could see the backside of the Cabanas buildings as well as some of the Swan and Dolphin!

We were in and out of the room pretty quickly (I was kind of rushing Jake along, he could tell that I was ready to GO! :rotfl:). Jake and I headed down to the bus stop at 6:25, headed for Disney Springs!

Can’t you see the bliss on our faces? :goodvibes I was so overjoyed to be back in my happy place.

A Disney Springs bus came about 10 minutes later… and this was where we really started to see the “cons” with CSR.

Enter… cheerleaders… EVERYWHERE. :scared1:

I had kind of a bad feeling about staying at CSR and the cheerleaders after seeing so many in the airport… I knew that CSR was a convention hotel and usually the home of large groups like this. But, this bus ride was actually the roughest of the trip ::yes::. It was absolutely packed to the gills with excited and loud cheerleaders, (the excited and loud kids I don’t care about, it was just really crowded)!

We also got to experience firsthand the inconvenience of having multiple bus stops at the same resort. There were 3 additional bus stops after the Tower before finally getting on the road… which felt like an eternity to two people who just wanted to get their vacation STARTED!

We pulled into Disney Springs at 7:05 PM! It was absolutely gorgeous outside; nice and hot with a hazy dusk starting.

If you read my PTR or know my sugar-addict self at all, you’ll know where our first stop was going to be…

Gideon’s Bakehouse! Are you surprised? You shouldn’t be ;)

The lady running the line stated that there was no virtual queue at this time, and that the standby line was about 45 minutes. Jake (bless his soul) said that it was totally fine, but that he was going to find an alcoholic libation to pass the time. I set up camp in line for the meantime!

The CM gave me a card with all of the May specials on it, but let’s be honest, I had this menu memorized before we left Wisconsin :thumbsup2

Jake returned shortly after with his drink! He stopped by the Shine Bar at Homecomin’ to grab a RumShine Punch (Strawberry RumShine, blackberry brandy, banana liquor, pineapple juice, and house-made grenadine). He had asked for their most popular shine, and this is what they gave him!

I took a sip, and it was yummy but STRONG. Jake hadn’t really eaten all day besides plane snacks in preparation for our big dinner at Homecomin’, and he was feeling the effects QUICKLY. ::yes::

It was such a beautiful night, and the vibes were poppin’. There was a live band outside of Raglan Road playing Irish music, and everyone was laughing and dancing up a storm! We had a great time just people-watching!

The tipsier Jake got, the quieter I got!! :scared: I hadn’t eaten anything since my big breakfast at 9:30 AM Wisconsin time (it was almost 8 PM Florida time), and although I didn’t feel physically hungry, I felt my blood sugar start to drop! I was a little concerned, because I didn’t feel very Disney-ish at this point :( Jake, on the other hand, was feeling ALL of the Disney magic. :rotfl:Luckily, Jake knows that Quiet Molly = Hangry Molly, so he knew that all I needed was some food and I’d be good as new.

The sun was just starting to set, and it was gorgeous!

Fortunately, we only had to wait about 30 minutes instead of the 45 they originally predicted, and we were inside by 7:45!

This place is so cool and unique on the inside. It would fit right in at Harry Potter World at Universal! After much deliberation, we decided on a Peanut Butter Cold Brew for me, and these items to split between us for the next few days: a cup of Peanut Butter Buttercream, a cup of Marshmallow Buttercream, a Cookies and Cream Cookie, a Peanut Butter Cold Brew Cookie (the May special cookie), a Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie, a Peanut Butter Crunch Cookie, and a slice of Valentina’s Cake (red velvet cake with cookies and cream buttercream).

We secured the GOODS!

Immediately after receiving it, I took a large swig of my Peanut Butter Cold Brew. That, my friends, brought me back to LIFE!! Once I got that boost of sugar and caffeine, I was ready to conquer our first day!!

The Peanut Butter Cold Brew was really good! Nice and sweet, and I could taste the maple syrup they use as sweetener. However, I’m a peanut butter addict and regularly eat it out of the jar with just a spoon… the more the merrier!! I could have definitely used more peanut butter/salty flavor in this. But, it was lovely to sip on this evening- I rate this an 8/10 and I would definitely get it again!

The sunset had gone from gorgeous to STUNNING.

Disney Springs was SO photogenic tonight! I had such a rush of gratitude that I actually teared up. I was finally feeling like I was in “vacation mode,” and I was in my favorite place with my favorite person. Life was good :goodvibes

Jake and I decided to hit up one more place to grab a snack to eat before dinner- Everglazed!

On the way, we saw this ad for the new Planet Of The Apes movie. Fun fact- Jake and I have never seen a move in the theater together!! We started dating during the height of COVID (January 2021) and we just never thought to go to the movies together (although we have been to the drive-in movie theater a couple times). My mom got us a gift card to a movie theater for Christmas to break this streak, and Jake wants to use it on this movie, since the original Planet Of The Apes movie is his all-time favorite movie!

We popped into Everglazed to buy our donut, then sat outside by the food trucks to enjoy!

We decided on the ube glazed donut. Readers of my past TRs will know that after our honeymoon trip to Hawaii, Jake and I became obsessed with all things ube-flavored!! For those who haven’t had ube before, it is a purple sweet potato that has a nutty, vanilla-like flavor (similar to almond extract or cake batter flavoring). It’s so delish!

This donut was great!! It had a squishy, almost mochi-like texture to the dough and we could tell that it was very fresh. However, it had a bit too much sanding sugar on the outside and got really crunchy towards the end. Again, we rated this an 8/10- we would definitely buy and eat this again!

And, because we had no self-control, we decided to dig into our buttercream frosting from Gideon’s as well :thumbsup2

We tried to change the lighting on my camera, and it made the frosting look radioactive!

So, previously, the only frosting from Gideon’s that I had tried was the peanut butter buttercream (I had a slice of the PB&J cake back in July). As always, that frosting was INCREDIBLE and had such strong PB flavoring.

However, I tried a spoonful of the marshmallow buttercream, and immediately hated it. :crazy2: I strongly dislike cream cheese frosting, and this definitely had that “cheesy” tang to it. Jake, on the other hand, LOVES cream cheese frosting (our wedding cake definitely required some compromise ::yes::), so he just took the marshmallow buttercream for himself, and I happily took the peanut butter buttercream! We had a few more forkfuls before calling it quits and saving the rest for later. We didn’t want to spoil our big dinner!

After our sweet snacks, we were definitely ready for some shopping!

Last edited:
Luckily, Jake knows that Quiet Molly = Hangry Molly,
Smart man! Glad it was a shorter wait than expected.

a cup of Marshmallow Buttercream
Say whaaaaat!? I had no idea this was a thing. But like you, I also do not like cream cheese icing, so good to know I probably wouldn't love this. But the idea of a cup of icing is incredible!

OK CSR is showing off! I love those details. I may have to check it out if the price is right! We are looking at a night or two this fall break so maybe I should entertain it. Will have to see how the rest of the trip goes for you there. I don't love a ton of bus stops, but that lobby is immaculate! And the bathroom was gorgeous, too!

We headed straight to the room to drop off our stuff and let Jake switch from glasses into contacts.

This made me LOL because this was also the first thing I did when we arrived this year

We also got to experience firsthand the inconvenience of having multiple bus stops at the same resort. There were 3 additional bus stops after the Tower before finally getting on the road… which felt like an eternity to two people who just wanted to get their vacation STARTED!

Ughhh so rough!!! This is my least favorite part of the mods, the internal buses are such a killer, and packed to the brim with cheerleaders? Nope nope nopity nope.

It was such a beautiful night, and the vibes were poppin’. There was a live band outside of Raglan Road playing Irish music, and everyone was laughing and dancing up a storm! We had a great time just people-watching!

Nobody talks about this, but people watching the Raglan Road crowd is the best part about waiting for Gideons!

Disney Springs was SO photogenic tonight! I had such a rush of gratitude that I actually teared up. I was finally feeling like I was in “vacation mode,” and I was in my favorite place with my favorite person. Life was good :goodvibes

:hug: This makes me SOOOOO happy to read. I'm so glad to hear that the cold brew was able to help you rebound! That first day of Disney is always such a toss up because you can get into a lull at one point and realize you're exhausted, excited, hungry, and a bit nervous/not focused on eating all at the same time. I'm so happy that you were able to overcome the "first day hump" and start really enjoying your evening at Springs!!!

This donut was great!! It had a squishy, almost mochi-like texture to the dough and we could tell that it was very fresh. However, it had a bit too much sanding sugar on the outside and got really crunchy towards the end. Again, we rated this an 8/10- we would definitely buy and eat this again!

This looks so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter