Let's share our pictures from airplanes!

May 30th last week; flying into Atlanta with Atlanta's Mercedes-Benz Stadium and the decomissioned Georgia Dome (former Falcons Stadium) in view below

IMG_2985ed1-XL.jpg

downtown Denver the day after a massive snowstorm that shut the airport down for the first time in 9 years (and diverted us to Albuquerque for the night)

IMG_6700ed-XL.jpg
I can't even imagine how much snow it takes to shut down the Denver airport!

I can't even imagine how much snow it takes to shut down the Denver airport!

We were floored also. They were still letting planes land about 30 minutes before turning us away but I think the closure of every road surrounding the airport, hotels with no rooms and no way to get people from the airport to anywhere was the last straw.

When we arrived the next morning it was wall-to-wall people at every gate. I have never seen so many people in an airport. Flight attendants told us that people were sleeping on the floor in the airport and that food outlets had run out of food.

We were very relieved that we had spent a comfortable night in a nice Albuquerque airport hotel with meals compliment of Delta Airlines with the bonus of getting great snow photos on the way to Denver!

setting sun as we left the Atlanta airport in May

IMG_3074ed2-XL.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!