Let's talk dining plan snacks

peanut520

Mouseketeer
What have the all knowing diners used their snack credits on? Any truth to the drink credit can be used as a snack?

Last edited:
Drink can not be butterbeer. I had pumpkin juice which was actually really good from the tap. The bottle I bought years ago was awful.

I used one snack credit for butterbeer and the other for a two scoop cone at Ben and Jerry’s which I much prefer over Florean Fortescue's.

Drink can not be butterbeer. I had pumpkin juice which was actually really good from the tap. The bottle I bought years ago was awful.

I used one snack credit for butterbeer and the other for a two scoop cone at Ben and Jerry’s which I much prefer over Florean Fortescue's.
that is great to know that butterbeer is a snack!

Butterbeer is a snack and drink/snack credits are now exactly that- both are good for a drink or a snack. The receipt showing what credits are left now says meal, snack/drink, and snack/drink.

Anyone know if the entire menu at Florean qualifies for the dining plan?

And since a kid's meal comes with a drink, could the drink be butterbeer?

Kids meals don’t come with a drink, unlike Disney. The meal plan meal credit includes a drink, regardless of whether it’s the adult plan or child plan.

Is Florean Fortescue's ice cream included as a snack credit? If so can it be either the hard or the soft serve or is it just the soft?

Kids meals don’t come with a drink, unlike Disney. The meal plan meal credit includes a drink, regardless of whether it’s the adult plan or child plan.
I'm pretty sure it does per the website:
"Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service Adult entitlements include one (1) Quick Service Meal, one (1) Snack and one (1) non-alcoholic beverage per one (1) adult guest per day purchased. A Quick Service Meal consists of one (1) entrée and one (1) non-alcoholic beverage. Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service ticket must be exchanged for a Universal Dining Plan Card and activated at any Guest Services, Dining Cart, or onsite Destination Universal locations. The Universal Dining Card is valid at participating restaurants indicated by the Universal Dining Plan symbol. Sharing of meals is not permitted. Gratuities and admission to theme park or CityWalk are not included.

Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service Child (ages 3-9) entitlements include one (1) Quick Service Meal, one (1) Snack and one (1) non-alcoholic beverage per one (1) child guest per day purchased. A Quick Service Meal consists of one (1) child’s entrée and one (1) non-alcoholic beverage. Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service ticket must be exchanged for a Universal Dining Plan Card and activated at any Guest Services, Dining Cart, or onsite Destination Universal locations. The Universal Dining Card is valid at participating restaurants indicated by the Universal Dining Plan symbol. Sharing of meals is not permitted. Gratuities and admission to theme park or CityWalk are not included."

I'm pretty sure it does per the website:
"Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service Adult entitlements include one (1) Quick Service Meal, one (1) Snack and one (1) non-alcoholic beverage per one (1) adult guest per day purchased. A Quick Service Meal consists of one (1) entrée and one (1) non-alcoholic beverage. Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service ticket must be exchanged for a Universal Dining Plan Card and activated at any Guest Services, Dining Cart, or onsite Destination Universal locations. The Universal Dining Card is valid at participating restaurants indicated by the Universal Dining Plan symbol. Sharing of meals is not permitted. Gratuities and admission to theme park or CityWalk are not included.

Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service Child (ages 3-9) entitlements include one (1) Quick Service Meal, one (1) Snack and one (1) non-alcoholic beverage per one (1) child guest per day purchased. A Quick Service Meal consists of one (1) child’s entrée and one (1) non-alcoholic beverage. Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service ticket must be exchanged for a Universal Dining Plan Card and activated at any Guest Services, Dining Cart, or onsite Destination Universal locations. The Universal Dining Card is valid at participating restaurants indicated by the Universal Dining Plan symbol. Sharing of meals is not permitted. Gratuities and admission to theme park or CityWalk are not included."

That’s what I was saying. :) With the dining plan, meals, including kids meals, come with a drink. Paying out of pocket, kids meals do not come with a drink. At Disney, all kids meals come with a drink regardless of how you pay.

This info is all for the quick service plan right? I noticed one poster indicated that the non alcoholic beverage could be a snack instead? I don't see this any where in the terms. If supposing that info was incorrect is the following scenario what is allowed:

Meal, fish and chips from three broom sticks and a pumpkin juice to drink. Non alcoholic beverage from fire eaters grill, power aid. Finally a butter beer for a snack from hogshead, frozen butter beer.

This info is all for the quick service plan right? I noticed one poster indicated that the non alcoholic beverage could be a snack instead? I don't see this any where in the terms. If supposing that info was incorrect is the following scenario what is allowed:

Meal, fish and chips from three broom sticks and a pumpkin juice to drink. Non alcoholic beverage from fire eaters grill, power aid. Finally a butter beer for a snack from hogshead, frozen butter beer.

Yep, quick service. It’s not advertised. But your receipt will show one meal and two snacks/beverages instead of meal, beverage, snack.

I liked the pumpkin fizz over the pumpkin juice. I seem to remember some specialty lemonade/ice teas too? I also bought bottled Gilly water for the fun of it.

One trip, we ended up with several bottles of iced frappucinos from Starbucks. I also got a small drink once - iced coffee?

Butterbeer is a good use of snack credits but our family far preferred cheesecakes from the bakery. JUST like $12 slices from the Cheesecake Factory - so totally worth it to us.

It was also fun to get a giant donut from the Simpsons area.

We had fun with the meal plans :)

The giant donut sure makes for a very fun photo!

We did a lot of rib platters. Two platters was enough food to feed our family of 4 and was an excellent value for the meal plan vouchers. And the cheapest way to feed us at the parks. So we would often buy 2-4 meal plans a day. Over 3 days, we would typically end up with 6-10 snack credits and drink credits to use. The rest of the time we ate at Mythos/Citywalk/onsite resort.

We at the the Simpsons food court once but didn't like it. Another time we got gigantic spaghettis at that pasta place (forget the name). That one wasn't costly enough to be worth buying the meal plan though. I think it works out to buy the meal plan if your meal is over a certain price. If it is cheaper, just pay OOP for everything.

Sharing of meals is not permitted.

Does this include with small children. I assumed like at Disney my two year old could just share my meal.

Do you have to use your drink credit at the same time as your meal? Like can I just drink from my water bottle then get a drink later?

Does this include with small children. I assumed like at Disney my two year old could just share my meal.

Do you have to use your drink credit at the same time as your meal? Like can I just drink from my water bottle then get a drink later?

You can share meals at quick service locations. How are they going to stop you? The meal credit includes an entree and drink. When you redeem the meal credit, you must get the drink then. Sometimes if you get a combo meal that already includes a milkshake, like the combos at Mel’s, you do not get to choose another drink. The other two credits on the card are snack/drink credits, both good on either one. It would be financially imprudent to use those on bottled/fountain drinks, which cost far less than snacks. The way to save the most money is to get a meal/drink that would cost $15+ out of pocket, and two snacks that are at least $6.

You can share meals at quick service locations. How are they going to stop you? The meal credit includes an entree and drink. When you redeem the meal credit, you must get the drink then. Sometimes if you get a combo meal that already includes a milkshake, like the combos at Mel’s, you do not get to choose another drink. The other two credits on the card are snack/drink credits, both good on either one. It would be financially imprudent to use those on bottled/fountain drinks, which cost far less than snacks. The way to save the most money is to get a meal/drink that would cost $15+ out of pocket, and two snacks that are at least $6.

So you get a meal + drink, snack and drink (not butterbeer right?). We're eating at the Leaky Cauldron so I think it will save us money but want to make sure I understand everything right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!