Let's talk dining plan snacks

Now the plan has changed so instead of receiving a meal+drink a snack and additional drink the snack and drink credits are interchangeable so a meal+drink plus 2 snacks/drinks of your choice. They do include the ice creams from Florean Fortescues both hard and soft and butterbeer . On my last trip I bought the quick service plan for my preteen/ teenage nieces to use and they used all the credits mostly on the soft serve icecream options which are safe for peanut tree it allergies

So you get a meal + drink, snack and drink (not butterbeer right?). We're eating at the Leaky Cauldron so I think it will save us money but want to make sure I understand everything right.

That’s what the website says and how it used to work. They’ve changed it in recent months. Now its meal with drink, snack/drink, snack/drink. Butterbeer is a snack, so it can’t be part of your meal choice. So at the Leaky Cauldron you could get a meal with a fountain drink (pumpkin juice/fizz are an option) and two butterbeers to use up one card. Or you could just get an an entree and fountain drink and use the other two credits elsewhere. Dining in the Wizarding World is one of the best uses of the card if you get pumpkin juice or fizz and one of the $16+ entrees- that’s $20+ right there and you still have the other two credits. The best value is actually the most expensive entree at Monsters.

Just be careful how you use your snack/drink credits- don’t get popcorn or other cheap things, that’s not a good value. Get butterbeer, a big pink donut, Florean Fortescue, or something else expensive.

With all this info we'll be doing this for sure for most of your meals. We're addicted to Butterbeer, so knowing we can get two a day, yum! That alone is 15.98, so as long as our meal and drink is 9.99 or more we make out ahead. With even just a soda being 3.99 , I can't think of a meal that is less than 6 bucks.

That’s what the website says and how it used to work. They’ve changed it in recent months. Now its meal with drink, snack/drink, snack/drink. Butterbeer is a snack, so it can’t be part of your meal choice. So at the Leaky Cauldron you could get a meal with a fountain drink (pumpkin juice/fizz are an option) and two butterbeers to use up one card. Or you could just get an an entree and fountain drink and use the other two credits elsewhere. Dining in the Wizarding World is one of the best uses of the card if you get pumpkin juice or fizz and one of the $16+ entrees- that’s $20+ right there and you still have the other two credits. The best value is actually the most expensive entree at Monsters.

Just be careful how you use your snack/drink credits- don’t get popcorn or other cheap things, that’s not a good value. Get butterbeer, a big pink donut, Florean Fortescue, or something else expensive.

So would a meal + drink at Leaky Cauldron, butterbeer and big pink dounut be one day of the quick service meal plan? My kids want the big donuts and I want to try Florean Fortescue.

th
Does this include with small children. I assumed like at Disney my two year old could just share my meal.

Do you have to use your drink credit at the same time as your meal? Like can I just drink from my water bottle then get a drink later?
that i from the universal website, but i fully planning on sharing with my daughter since i hate the thought of wasting food.

So would a meal + drink at Leaky Cauldron, butterbeer and big pink dounut be one day of the quick service meal plan? My kids want the big donuts and I want to try Florean Fortescue.

Double check - but the way it used to work is you buy dining plan "cards". You can buy as many or as few as u want. All the credits on each card last for at least a few days (not sure exactly how long).

We would typically buy 2 cards at lunch. And sometimes buy some more cards for dinner. Sometimes we had a stockpile of 5-6 cards some with 1 snack left and some with 2 snacks. A bit of a pain to keep track so bring a sharpie :)

Yes, regular quick service, you get meal with a drink credit, and a snack credit and drink credit.

If you buy the meal with the freestyle mug, there is no drink credit with the meal or just the drinking credit. You are expected to use your mug for the meal drink and during the day you are using it.

Sometimes, it does save some money, and with the plan without the mug, you can use that drink credit (and snack credit) on a day or days other than the day you use the meal, with drink credit.

Yes, that would be 1 adult quick service plan. We got a meal and lemonade, plus both a regular and frozen butterbeer for 1 of our plans.

I am confused, I saw on a FB page that guests were receiving the Monster Cafe Combo meal that includes a milkshake and a drink. They were then left with their one snack and one additional drink. They stated that a combo meal is the entree regardless of what it came with + 1 drink.
So is the milkshake considered your drink? Or not.
Thx

I am confused, I saw on a FB page that guests were receiving the Monster Cafe Combo meal that includes a milkshake and a drink. They were then left with their one snack and one additional drink. They stated that a combo meal is the entree regardless of what it came with + 1 drink.
So is the milkshake considered your drink? Or not.
Thx

A few years ago (back when passholders got bogo1/2 off during appreciation days) we had mixed results. Some places gave us a milkshake and a drink, some was just a milkshake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!