Let's talk Toy Story 3!!

ilovejsparrow

DIS Veteran
Just saw it at midnight, and WOW was it good! Funny, moving.. everything I remember from the first two and so much more!!

Who's seen it?? There were parts that intrigued me that I'd love to talk about!

I've seen it twice already. I took advantage of those ticket promotions with the dvd's.

I totally was getting all choked up. The first movie came out when I was 6, so the fact that I grew up with Andy makes me all nostalgic.

We just got back from seeing it................ SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! We really enjoyed it. Very Good Movie! :goodvibes

We also used the movie coupons from buying the DVD's. :thumbsup2

We saw at first showing this morning at IMAX 3D! It was awesome! I LOVE the short! So how long before Toy Story 4?

Saw it earlier today, such an AWESOME movie.. I didnt know Lotso was supposed to be a villain, after the way he helped promote the movie.. but either way, I'd still like to meet him at the parks:) All in all, i give this movie an 11/10.. the best of the three! Great storyline, and an excellent way to send it off. Even I was a little choked up at the end, but it was one of those "happy-sad" endings:thumbsup2

We saw at first showing this morning at IMAX 3D! It was awesome! I LOVE the short! So how long before Toy Story 4?

I think they certainly left an opening for TS4 (with Bonnie's toys as characters) but I really think, by the feel and vibe I got from this ending that this is the end. I really got teary eyed. Just a great movie! Andy was a pretty important role in the TS movies and I just don't know how it would be w/o him.

So, someone on DIS (another thread) noticed Sid was in the credits, another poster pointed out that he was the garbage man with the headphones. I thought that was hilarious, I didn't catch it at all!

I loved it. I definitely was crying at the end, so were a few other family members of mine. It just has such a neat message about learning to let go.

I also laughed in quite a few spots. It is a great movie!

My fiance just read this in a review online so I had to share this... apparantly some of the people who worked on TS3 visited Alcatraz to get ideas for the daycare... that's insanely awesome IMO

from http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-toystory-20100618,0,2489391.story:
This is but the merest outline of a plot "The A-Team" team would envy, but even though there's a great deal of atmosphere and suspense in "Toy 3" (the production design team visited Alcatraz to get in the mood for Sunnyside) it's the film's comic moments which linger longest. To see Lotso's pal Ken ( Michael Keaton) show off his extensive wardrobe for Barbie ( Jodi Benson) or to witness Buzz Lightyear when he goes into an unexpected flamenco mode is to be in the presence of the unforgettable.

Glad I'm not the only one who got choked up! When Bonnie had Woody waving goodbye, I lost it!!

What do you guys think was written on the note that Woody put on the box? I was confused about that.. I figured it had something to do with Bonnie.

So, someone on DIS (another thread) noticed Sid was in the credits, another poster pointed out that he was the garbage man with the headphones. I thought that was hilarious, I didn't catch it at all!

:laughing:oh my gosh! I didn't even notice Sid. That is too funny.

I did notice in the flashback of Lotso getting left behind, he and the other 2 toys are on the back of a car in the rain. It's the "YO" delivery car from the original Toy Story.

We just returned from seeing it at the drive-in. It was excellent. One of the best movies that I have seen in a while. I would actually put it above TS2. Instant classic.:cool1:

My whole family went to see Toy Story 3 today. We were all disappointed in it. There were more scary, intense moments in the movie than comedy. My DD who is seven was upset at times. The scariest parts come when the toys are trying to get out of the landfill/garbage machine.

I just don't understand the Disney writers and executives. I think they are forgetting their key audience for this movie and other animation ones. The key audience is kids ten and under with a huge following in the six and under crowd. Kids in this age group want to see funny shows. They love the corny jokes and silly situations. They are not really into adult humor or a heavy storyline.
Disney writers need to quit trying to please each other and other adults and focus on what little kids would like to see.

All the previews showed the comic elements of the show and none of the scary stuff. If you have seen the recent tv commercials for the show, you have seen all the funny stuff. It is really too bad that Disney once again chose to do a dark comedy instead of the light-hearted plain funny show. Why or why? My kids and I would just love to see a fun light-hearted show.

My whole family went to see Toy Story 3 today. We were all disappointed in it. There were more scary, intense moments in the movie than comedy. My DD who is seven was upset at times. The scariest parts come when the toys are trying to get out of the landfill/garbage machine.

I just don't understand the Disney writers and executives. I think they are forgetting their key audience for this movie and other animation ones. The key audience is kids ten and under with a huge following in the six and under crowd. Kids in this age group want to see funny shows. They love the corny jokes and silly situations. They are not really into adult humor or a heavy storyline.
Disney writers need to quit trying to please each other and other adults and focus on what little kids would like to see.

All the previews showed the comic elements of the show and none of the scary stuff. If you have seen the recent tv commercials for the show, you have seen all the funny stuff. It is really too bad that Disney once again chose to do a dark comedy instead of the light-hearted plain funny show. Why or why? My kids and I would just love to see a fun light-hearted show.

I think for this particular pixar they really had to span age groups. Since the first came out 15 years ago those people (who are now in their late teens, 20s) were going to be drawn in as well, they wanted to see how the trilogy ended. DD (5) was on the edge of her seat, LOVED Lotso....but then again, she also really enjoy's Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland :lmao:

"key audience"? Disney's motto is never to adhere to one group, children or adults, there's a a Walt quote that says that. I was 5 when the first one came out. This movie is special to those who grew up with Andy.
And there's always been really scary and sad scenes, Bambi, The Lion King, Dumbo.
Life is not light-hearted, kids can learn that through disney films. And kids can handle these movies. I saw this movie twice already, theaters packed, with YOUNG ADULTS!!!
I saw Jurassic Park when I was a little girl, and people were EATEN in that film! This is no where near that bad, and I survived. I enjoyed that way more than a mindless show like Barney.

I think these quotes what I'm trying to get at:
Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood.
Walt Disney

You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.
Walt Disney

I hear what you are saying - but I don't think that scene was any more intense than the scene in Lion King when Mufassa gets throw off the ledge and get stampeded to death. As far as the "adult humor" - that's a staple in any good Disney film, LK, Alladin, Hercules, etc.

BTW, I wasn't trying to start a heated debate, I just would hate to see disney lose the vision they started out with. It's totally okay not to enjoy the film, and it's up to you if it's inappropriate, but they rate movies so your aware ahead of time if there might be some situations your children might not enjoy. I know these days those are ignored, when I worked at Toys R Us, I was surprised at the amount of Avatar toys 5, 6, and 7 year old were buying(didn't Mcdonald's have Avatar toys too?). Not my decision though, if they got something out of the film at such a young age, good for them.

We're all entitled to our own opinion... but it sounds like you're trying too much to be a critic and that took you away form enjoying the movie. Maybe its just me(or the millions of others that saw the movie) but i found it enjoyable from start to finish and it was the perfect way to end the story. You gotta understand this is the most classic set of movies for Disney Pixar, it couldnt just be "light-hearted and plain comedy"... there had to be some real emotion inolved for this one and it sounds to me like you spent more time trying to point out all its flaws instead of seeing all the enjoyable parts of the movie, and, once again, thats why you couldnt enjoy it.. you couldnt feel magic;)

I think that this being a sequel, the target group had to be bumped up a little bit. The people who have warm feelings about the movies were young when they first came out, and are now teens or in their 20's. I think the movie was more aimed at tying up the series for those who knew and loved it as a kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter