Let's try this again... Dopey 2.0 Updated 12/30

I really want to try BLT - but it just hasn't worked out yet. I was hoping to do BLT next August, but we are letting DD take a friend, we are going to try to stick with resorts with trundles, so Poly or GF is more likely. (Yes, I totally expect a pity party over that statement.)

I really want to try BLT - but it just hasn't worked out yet. I was hoping to do BLT next August, but we are letting DD take a friend, we are going to try to stick with resorts with trundles, so Poly or GF is more likely. (Yes, I totally expect a pity party over that statement.)
Oh man GF and Poly must be so much worse ;)

I'm just happy to stay on the monorail as I've never done that.

Joining in a bit late, but I'm so excited for you - BLT! The whole time! That's the dream, man. It's tough to beat walking to MK.
Good luck with your training! Thinking of Disney races almost makes me miss running. Almost. :D

Joining in a bit late, but I'm so excited for you - BLT! The whole time! That's the dream, man. It's tough to beat walking to MK.
Good luck with your training! Thinking of Disney races almost makes me miss running. Almost. :D
Thanks for joining in! I am so excited for BLT!

It's hot and it's also summer so I hate getting up early to run but I have done it a couple times.

Ugh! I can totally relate. I have my August race coming up on the 12th and I am so not ready. Between the GA heat and vacation I've gotten pretty far behind. I may be walking a lot of that one especially if it's really hot. I've decided to do one a month between now and January. Got one booked for Sept 9th, October 21st and December 2nd. All three are night races so I don't have to worry about the hot sun. Just need to find one for November. I know there is a local one on Thanksgiving but I don't know if I want to run one that close to the 12/2 one.

General update

I know it has been a long time since my last update here. This past week has been incredibly busy as I coach football and it is our State Fair week which I also work. So I have been working from morning until mid afternoon and then heading right to football practice until late evening. This has of course affected my running which isn't ideal. Then its that my diet hasn't been ideal working at State Fair it has been a lot of fair food which is deep fried and not exactly healthy options.

In terms of Disney trip planning not much has changed. I haven't changed any dining yet. I applied for TSA-Pre Check and got it. This helps get through security now especially since the regular TSA checks now make you take everything out of your bag that is larger than a cellphone. It was a nice and easy process and lasts 5 years for $85. We are now only 145 days away from Dopey Challenge 2.0!

Then its that my diet hasn't been ideal working at State Fair it has been a lot of fair food which is deep fried and not exactly healthy options.

Ugh, I know the feeling. July just destroyed my diet and training with vacation. Hoping to just make it through my 5K this Saturday and then get back into some serious training before the September one.

I applied for TSA-Pre Check and got it.

I did this a few years ago, best decision ever! So much easier than going through the regular line. My flight was so early in March that the TSA Pre-check line wasn't open yet and it sucked going through the regular line. The Pre-check line has me spoiled!

Ugh, I know the feeling. July just destroyed my diet and training with vacation. Hoping to just make it through my 5K this Saturday and then get back into some serious training before the September one.

I did this a few years ago, best decision ever! So much easier than going through the regular line. My flight was so early in March that the TSA Pre-check line wasn't open yet and it sucked going through the regular line. The Pre-check line has me spoiled!
Yeah as soon as this week ends I should be back to normal and can really move into serious training.

Yeah I am very excited to use Pre-Check in January now. Orlando especially can be very busy depending on the time of day.

In terms of Disney trip planning not much has changed. I haven't changed any dining yet. I applied for TSA-Pre Check and got it. This helps get through security now especially since the regular TSA checks now make you take everything out of your bag that is larger than a cellphone. It was a nice and easy process and lasts 5 years for $85. We are now only 145 days away from Dopey Challenge 2.0!

We ended up getting NEXUS cards this year. They are for crossing the US/Canada border, but they are only $50 instead of $85, and they give you TSA-Pre Check as well as International Traveler status when you return to the US or Canada from foreign travel (which we rarely do, but still). Only certain border states can get NEXUS cards though. It's starting to be really worth it for big airports like Orlando. (Our home airports pretty small so not as bad.)

We ended up getting NEXUS cards this year. They are for crossing the US/Canada border, but they are only $50 instead of $85, and they give you TSA-Pre Check as well as International Traveler status when you return to the US or Canada from foreign travel (which we rarely do, but still). Only certain border states can get NEXUS cards though. It's starting to be really worth it for big airports like Orlando. (Our home airports pretty small so not as bad.)
Interesting, I've never heard of NEXUS but then again I've never crossed the border.

I saw the $50 Nexus fee, but there's also a $129 IVT fee?

Good call on the TSA Pre-Check - my brother has it as part of Global Entry, and it saves him so much time (although he also sometimes gets expedited security because he usually flies either first or business class). I should probably get around to doing that eventually ... I just don't fly enough these days for it to really be worth it.

Good call on the TSA Pre-Check - my brother has it as part of Global Entry, and it saves him so much time (although he also sometimes gets expedited security because he usually flies either first or business class). I should probably get around to doing that eventually ... I just don't fly enough these days for it to really be worth it.
Yeah I fly maybe once or twice a year right now but for 5 years and $85 I found it to be worth it.

The joys of TSA...lucky for me my first flight is out of a small regional airport and most of the TSA agents are good friends...plus there are not any preTSA lines its that small. Also helps that I like to leave town and ungodly hours of the morning in most cases. Coming home is a whole new ballgame. But I hate to carry anything on anyway...

Now the fair food and being busy I totally get. Back to school and fall is a crazy time for everyone.

The joys of TSA...lucky for me my first flight is out of a small regional airport and most of the TSA agents are good friends...plus there are not any preTSA lines its that small. Also helps that I like to leave town and ungodly hours of the morning in most cases. Coming home is a whole new ballgame. But I hate to carry anything on anyway...

Now the fair food and being busy I totally get. Back to school and fall is a crazy time for everyone.
Yeah our airport isn't huge but it's big enough to have TSA pre check lines.

Yeah once things die down a bit I'll get into a training groove and everything should be fine.

runDisney Virtual Running Shorts!

One week until I start school.... I am finally getting back into a groove with running. I finished the runDisney Virtual Running Shorts Series last week. This was a nice way to earn something for training runs I would do anyways. I was very surprised at the size and detail of the medals. It was $120 for the series which gave me the four medals, a cooling towel, collapsable bowl, and dog tag. While essentially you are just paying for the medals I still enjoyed it. Will I do it again? Maybe if it is a character I like (a Donald series would get me to do it again). Now I need to start ramping up my mileage again.

rsz_img_6140-2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!