Let's try this again... Dopey 2.0 Updated 12/30

Sorry to hear about Chicago, but I'm glad to hear you're looking at Wine and Dine because I'd love to see you there!

Corral time!

So waivers with our corresponding bib numbers and corrals have been posted for Marathon weekend. I will be in corral G which is second to last. They made a major change this year. Previously they had corrals going from A-P for the half and full marathons. Now the corrals only go from A-H. This means the last few corrals will be very large and will include mini waves. So this puts more emphasis on getting to the corrals early to give you more time. It is going to be interesting to see how this will work.

It is getting more and more real every day!

Countdown...

Walt Disney World arrival 20 days
Walt Disney World 5K 21 days
Walt Disney World 10K 22 days
Walt Disney World Half 23 days
Walt Disney World Full 24 days

Attachments

• 2018_WDWM_Corral_Assignments_Dopey_Challenge.pdf
    114.9 KB · Views: 13

So they combined 8 (I-P) corrals into 8 (A-H) other corrals? Huh.
I’ll be interested to read how that works out for everyone.

So they combined 8 (I-P) corrals into 8 (A-H) other corrals? Huh.
I’ll be interested to read how that works out for everyone.
Yeah roughly 13,000 will be in G and H for the half and roughly 10000 for the full. That is a lot of people.

That's like half my city in one corral. I’m guessing the corrals were not that big in previous years and combining wasn’t due to decline in participation? It did sell out, correct?

That's like half my city in one corral. I’m guessing the corrals were not that big in previous years and combining wasn’t due to decline in participation? It did sell out, correct?
Yes the races sold out. So 20,000+ for both the half and full.

I'm following along! Sorry I'm a little late, but didn't realize you had started another report.

I was lucky to get Flight of Passage fastpasses when someone notified me that they opened more in January.

Teppan Edo is one of my favorite EPCOT restaurants. I'm sure you will you enjoy it.

I have stayed at the GF and the Poly in DVC rooms, but haven't stayed at BLT. I had a split stay booked there for the DIS 20th event, but I was able to get our whole stay at the Boardwalk. I have been to the TOTWL on the top of BLT. If you have a chance to go up there and see the fireworks one night, it is a unique view. I'm very curious to hear what you think of BLT.

I'm following along! Sorry I'm a little late, but didn't realize you had started another report.

I was lucky to get Flight of Passage fastpasses when someone notified me that they opened more in January.

Teppan Edo is one of my favorite EPCOT restaurants. I'm sure you will you enjoy it.

I have stayed at the GF and the Poly in DVC rooms, but haven't stayed at BLT. I had a split stay booked there for the DIS 20th event, but I was able to get our whole stay at the Boardwalk. I have been to the TOTWL on the top of BLT. If you have a chance to go up there and see the fireworks one night, it is a unique view. I'm very curious to hear what you think of BLT.
Thanks for joining in!

I’ve never been to Teppan Edo so I’m interested to try it out.

I’m excited to be on the monorail loop for the first time.

That many people in a corral worries me...I hope it works out for everyone! Sorry about Chicago!

You kept 3 of my new favorite places...Tiffins, Bon Voyage & Homecomin! Great choices.

That many people in a corral worries me...I hope it works out for everyone! Sorry about Chicago!

You kept 3 of my new favorite places...Tiffins, Bon Voyage & Homecomin! Great choices.
Yeah it’s going to be interesting to see how this works.

Update...

Well Dopey Simulation is done! 2.5, 5, 10, and just under 20. Knee held up well. Around mile 7 it started hurting a bit. I walked for a little bit and massaged it. Was fine the rest of the way. Only issue seemed to be a nice sized blister on the tip of my big toe. I can deal with that. So bring on Dopey!

Countdown!

Walt Disney World arrival 16 days
Walt Disney World 5K 17 days
Walt Disney World 10K 18 days
Walt Disney World Half 19 days
Walt Disney World Full 20 days

Update...

Well Dopey Simulation is done! 2.5, 5, 10, and just under 20. Knee held up well. Around mile 7 it started hurting a bit. I walked for a little bit and massaged it. Was fine the rest of the way. Only issue seemed to be a nice sized blister on the tip of my big toe. I can deal with that. So bring on Dopey!

Countdown!

Walt Disney World arrival 16 days
Walt Disney World 5K 17 days
Walt Disney World 10K 18 days
Walt Disney World Half 19 days
Walt Disney World Full 20 days
Congrats on completing the sim!

Glad you didn't have too many issues with your knee! I'm starting to get excited, just need to get two projects done at work this week and I will be good to go.

I did a full 5K on the treadmill yesterday and it felt pretty good so I think I'm getting there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!