Let's try this again... Dopey 2.0 Updated 12/30

My ADRs are made!

Well I finally got my ADRs figured out! I got what I wanted for the most part which was great. Now the next step is training to help this countdown go back faster.

Jan. 3rd The Wave at 12:15PM
Jan. 4th Tiffins - this is a placeholder until ROL dining packages come out
Jan. 5th Teppan Edo at 6:40PM - my first time here but the friends I am traveling with love this place
Jan. 6th Le Cellier at 6:35PM
Jan. 7th a special event that I am excited for and it is a great way to celebrate Dopey 2.0 - originally I had Cali Grill but this new plan is way better!
Jan. 8th I have two booked but don't know yet what I will keep, Bon Voyage breakfast at 9:15AM or Homecomin' at 1:25PM

That's the list! It might change a little or it might not. I can't wait!

So what's the special event on the 7th?

Glad you got everything you wanted! I think the January ADRs have been going pretty smoothly for everyone.

Following. All this food talk makes me hungry. Sounds like you got some great reservations!

Late to the party, as usual...but I am here! So jealous of you running in 2018...was supposed to be there with you but I can live through you...darn ankle!

My ADRs are made!

Well I finally got my ADRs figured out! I got what I wanted for the most part which was great. Now the next step is training to help this countdown go back faster.

Jan. 3rd The Wave at 12:15PM
Jan. 4th Tiffins - this is a placeholder until ROL dining packages come out
Jan. 5th Teppan Edo at 6:40PM - my first time here but the friends I am traveling with love this place
Jan. 6th Le Cellier at 6:35PM
Jan. 7th a special event that I am excited for and it is a great way to celebrate Dopey 2.0 - originally I had Cali Grill but this new plan is way better!
Jan. 8th I have two booked but don't know yet what I will keep, Bon Voyage breakfast at 9:15AM or Homecomin' at 1:25PM

That's the list! It might change a little or it might not. I can't wait!

Great ADR choices...I see some familiar ones that I booked for the first time for my trip in November...

I can't wait to try Tiffins...I have heard nothing but good things! I also have both Bon Voyage and Homecomin...but on different days! Homecomin has been on my list since it opened!

Late to the party, as usual...but I am here! So jealous of you running in 2018...was supposed to be there with you but I can live through you...darn ankle!

I know, I wish you could be there.

Great ADR choices...I see some familiar ones that I booked for the first time for my trip in November...

I can't wait to try Tiffins...I have heard nothing but good things! I also have both Bon Voyage and Homecomin...but on different days! Homecomin has been on my list since it opened!

Tiffins is amazing as well as Homecomin.

Update!

It has been a while since I have been on the PTR. I have my ADRs made of course and couldn't be more excited for January. Training is still kind of meh. It's hot and it's also summer so I hate getting up early to run but I have done it a couple times. I did my runDisney July virtual 5K which went really well. I just need to start building up my miles a bit. I haven't done much over 4 miles in months.

In Disney news I don't think I mentioned it but my DVC friend got Bay Lake Tower for the entire trip now so I am not changing resorts now! I am super excited to stay here!

Last edited:
Oh man... That's what I get for a quick update with no proof reading.

It's all good, I'm just ribbing you! :D

You're staying at BLT, I'm at CR, we'll have to get together! If nothing else, we'll probably be on the same bus/monorail getting to the start line.

Running during the summer is so hard. It sucks, but ... sometimes you just have to do it. Once race weekend comes, all of that training will be worth it!

Bay Lake Tower for the whole trip - awesome! I'd love to stay at BLT one day. (My cousins actually own at BLT, but I doubt they'd ever let me use their points ... they want those points for themselves. But I think they've stayed there and they like it.

Running during the summer is so hard. It sucks, but ... sometimes you just have to do it. Once race weekend comes, all of that training will be worth it!

Bay Lake Tower for the whole trip - awesome! I'd love to stay at BLT one day. (My cousins actually own at BLT, but I doubt they'd ever let me use their points ... they want those points for themselves. But I think they've stayed there and they like it.
Yeah I know... Just need to motivation to get out there.

I am excited for BLT!

Wow! Had no idea you were doing a PTR...Clearly I don't pay too much attention to signatures :rolleyes1

Anyway...my crew and I will be there for the Marathon weekend too. DH is running the full and DD3, who will be 11 in Sept will be running the 10K with me. Our older kids will also be joining us. They will be 18(!) and 15 in October but are not runners. DH and I will also be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary when we are down. We honeymooned at WL and our anniversary is actually December 27th. Our dates are 1/3-1/10 and we're staying at BC.

This is where we've decided to eat:

3rd-Desserts in lounge, we're arriving in the evening because kids and school...
4th-Lunch at LTT then EXPO
5th-Late Breakfast at Tusker House, considering possibly a placeholder for a ROL package.
6th-Late lunch (2:40p) at Via Napoli. Should be good for DH pre-marathon. Dinner for him can be snacks in the lounge before an early bed.
7th-Ohana celebratory meal for DH!
8th-no meal planned (yet) but HEA dessert party with plaza garden viewing
9th-DH & I have a date at Artist Point (which is my hidden gem)
10th-departure day...no clue what to put in our bellies

@Dopeyintraining DD1 and I are actually pescatarians too but aren't GF. I find that there is plenty of fish to be had in WDW but wish they offered more options for just vegetarian meals.

I look forward to hearing all about what you have planned @rteetz

Wow! Had no idea you were doing a PTR...Clearly I don't pay too much attention to signatures :rolleyes1

Anyway...my crew and I will be there for the Marathon weekend too. DH is running the full and DD3, who will be 11 in Sept will be running the 10K with me. Our older kids will also be joining us. They will be 18(!) and 15 in October but are not runners. DH and I will also be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary when we are down. We honeymooned at WL and our anniversary is actually December 27th. Our dates are 1/3-1/10 and we're staying at BC.

This is where we've decided to eat:

3rd-Desserts in lounge, we're arriving in the evening because kids and school...
4th-Lunch at LTT then EXPO
5th-Late Breakfast at Tusker House, considering possibly a placeholder for a ROL package.
6th-Late lunch (2:40p) at Via Napoli. Should be good for DH pre-marathon. Dinner for him can be snacks in the lounge before an early bed.
7th-Ohana celebratory meal for DH!
8th-no meal planned (yet) but HEA dessert party with plaza garden viewing
9th-DH & I have a date at Artist Point (which is my hidden gem)
10th-departure day...no clue what to put in our bellies

@Dopeyintraining DD1 and I are actually pescatarians too but aren't GF. I find that there is plenty of fish to be had in WDW but wish they offered more options for just vegetarian meals.

I look forward to hearing all about what you have planned @rteetz
Thanks for joining in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter