Life jackets in Hawaii when leaving Aulani

jaimeadk

Mouseketeer
My kids are 10, 8, and 5 and I know they have life jackets we can borrow when at Aulani, but what have others done when leaving Aulani? We are planning on doing some snorkeling and beaches that aren't at Aulani. They are too bulky to take but too expensive to buy and I think at my kids' ages they need them in the ocean. Any suggestions?

Either try and buy some inflatable life vests on the mainland that you can easily pack and then inflate for excursions.... or rent from Snorkel Bobs on the island I belive they are around $20 each for a week rental:
http://snorkelbob.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/sbservices_flotation.html?L+scstore+yqdt7666ff7b0d7b+1400559740

or...

At Aulani there is a beach gear rental shack, Makiki Joe's, down on the beach at the resort, but they don't list life jackets as part of what they rent when I look on the website... even though they may very well have life jackets... I can't confirm this.

Makiki Joe's is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily at the Aulani beach.

I have read that folks have rented snorkel sets from the beach rental shack listed above , and then used those sets off site... but since the shack closes at 5pm they need to be returned by then.

So you may want to find out if they have life jackets there too by calling the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter