Lightsaber on Qantas?

Toddym

Earning My Ears
Hi all, just hoping someone out there has made a lightsaber and carried it back home to Australia. Was it fine to do as carry on? Thanks!

I’m not sure if airline will allow it but we had problems with a weighted Mickey Mouse going through security. We were going through security at LAX for our trip back to Sydney and it was flagged. We had to unpack the hand luggage and go through everything. Apparently it went through as a big dark mass which immediately was a red flag to them. We were able to bring it on the plane but it did take up some time.

Yup we have. My son made his at GE in Disneyland and we brought it to Orlando for our galactic starcruiser stay. Both TSA at LAX and MCO are family with the various "weapon" like star wars. They may inspect it in addition so allow time for that but they'll let it through. One of the TSA agents did a pretend light Saber fight with my son...

Hi all, just hoping someone out there has made a lightsaber and carried it back home to Australia. Was it fine to do as carry on? Thanks!
Yes, it should be fine. They will likely make you take it out for further examination but it should be fine.

I'm from Adelaide and bought a lightsaber in January. I was told that it shouldn't be an issue taking it as carry on in the US, however it may not be accepted on the internal Australian flight.

We flew 2 flights in the US with lightsabers in carry and no one pulled us up on it.

Coming home we decided not to risk being told to pack it in our suitcase between connecting flights and stowed them in our luggage.
Before leaving I found the measurements online and cut a pvc pipe to ensure the lightsaber blade would fit in the suitcase. I had to put them in diagonal across the case and I packed it well so there would be less chance of it flexing.

Just make sure you really play around with the lightsaber before leaving the parks. I had to return my son's lightsaber 3 times because it kept failing and mine once. A friend who we met over there also had issues with theirs and had to get loose parts replaced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter