Likely any studio availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommaBerd

DIS Veteran
We are in the process of purchasing our first resale DVC, but it likely won’t close before the end of the year. We are planning a quick 1-2 night trip for the DAH event on Feb. 8. Is there any chance there would be studios available on such short notice? A small amount of points on the contract have to be used by April, and I was thinking we’d just count them as lost. But, if we were able to use them for this little trip, that would be awesome! Thanks so much!

Even SSR is pretty much entirely booked studio wise through February, although there are scattered nights. You might have better luck with 1 bedrooms.

My daughter has been trying to throw a last minute trip together for Jan/feb but no luck so far. Good luck.

Thanks for looking at availability for me @Reuven Shechter and @n2mm! I figured it was a long shot. I’m not sure I want to use points on a 1-BR. I can rent the points for more than I can spend on a hotel room for just DS and me.

We are in the process of purchasing our first resale DVC, but it likely won’t close before the end of the year. A small amount of points on the contract have to be used by April, and I was thinking we’d just count them as lost.

I recently purchased a BLT contract that had 160 points that hadn't been banked, but were expiring in 2 months. I called Member Services and they banked them for me, even though it was a resale. Your mileage may vary, but I wouldn't count out the possibility of banking those points.

I recently purchased a BLT contract that had 160 points that hadn't been banked, but were expiring in 2 months. I called Member Services and they banked them for me, even though it was a resale. Your mileage may vary, but I wouldn't count out the possibility of banking those points.

Thanks for sharing that; however, I believe these points were actually banked from 2016 into 2017. So my guess is that it is unlikely Member services will allow me to bank them again.

Thanks for sharing that; however, I believe these points were actually banked from 2016 into 2017. So my guess is that it is unlikely Member services will allow me to bank them again.

If they were banked from the previous year, they cannot be banked again.

Currently the Poly, Kidiani Savanna View and SSR have studios for Feb 7th only. Only availability on the 8th is Vero and HH.

If they were banked from the previous year, they cannot be banked again.

Yeah - in some ways it’s a bummer to lose them, especially sine we now have this quick trip planned. However, when I made the offer on the contract, I considered them a wash because I didn’t pay MFs on them, so it’s no real loss to me.

Book one night with points and also do a cash night. Have MS link them together :) At least you will have some use of your points so they won't be wasted.

1 brms typically book last. Since it’s just 2 nights, you’ll have better luck looking for those.

We’re going to DAH in Jan. I added a day to our trip just for it. Excited. Hope it works out for you.

I just checked the DVC website. No studios available on Feb 8. One BR units are available at SSR and, believe it or not, Beach Club.

It would be a shame for your points to go unused. Once your points are available, you might try wait-listing a unit. You never know, people's plans change.

I just checked the DVC website. No studios available on Feb 8. One BR units are available at SSR and, believe it or not, Beach Club.

It would be a shame for your points to go unused. Once your points are available, you might try wait-listing a unit. You never know, people's plans change.

Well, how about that! BCV will be our home resort. I’ll have to check on that once we get our points.

Well, how about that! BCV will be our home resort. I’ll have to check on that once we get our points.

With your tight timeframe, you would probably have to rent out your points as distressed ones, priced very low to sell them. If you are planning to go to Disney anyway, it would be much nicer accomodations, and possibly cheaper, to just get the 1 BR on your own points than to rent them out and get a hotel room instead.

Just a reminder...we do not allow people to post availability on the boards as it changes day to day. Until you are ready to book, nothing prior will matter. I was just able to book February 16th for one night in a studio that wasn't there a few weeks ago when I checked. Good luck, and once you close and have points, check the website or call as there very well could be a change!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter