Likelyhood of Late Fall AP Discounts

I just checked my dates again (I am a chronic resort changer), and I saw WL rooms for the first time EVER, even when I had searched the dates without a discount before, WL never came up. So, I would tell everyone to keep trying, and keep searching in different ways (go into the individual resorts to search and do the date range search). You never know what might come up.

Editing to add: the WL discount is 30% on weekdays (S-Th) and 10% on weekends (F-Sat).

Last edited:
I've started playing with trying to change our stays too.
My problem is, our trip covers 2 promos, so it has to be 2 stays. I was hoping they'd make this new one overlap the old one a few days. That's what they did with the last promo (one promo goes till 8/30, next promo starts 8/26) so stays that are in the overlap period have 2 different promos. But nope, I have to have 1 for 10/5-8 and another for 10/8-12. Dang it.

I just checked my dates again (I am a chronic resort changer), and I saw WL rooms for the first time EVER, even when I had searched the dates without a discount before, WL never came up. So, I would tell everyone to keep trying, and keep searching in different ways (go into the individual resorts to search and do the date range search). You never know what might come up.

Editing to add: the WL discount is 30% on weekdays (S-Th) and 10% on weekends (F-Sat).
We should compare notes sometime!
Mine put most people to shame! Though to Disney's credit, 90% of the time, I spend more with each change, not less. So it behooves them to leave that feature available to me! I lost access to it for a year, maybe 2. I'm positive it cost them money. If I can make the change myself, I'll see that "Oh, look, AKL is only $60 more than POR is, lets stay there instead" or "look honey, we can add CL to our BWI Standard room for only $75. We'd spend that in food, lets do it". If I can't look and see the difference for myself, I won't call to check and as such, I won't bother to make the change.

I've started playing with trying to change our stays too.
My problem is, our trip covers 2 promos, so it has to be 2 stays. I was hoping they'd make this new one overlap the old one a few days. That's what they did with the last promo (one promo goes till 8/30, next promo starts 8/26) so stays that are in the overlap period have 2 different promos. But nope, I have to have 1 for 10/5-8 and another for 10/8-12. Dang it.

We should compare notes sometime!
Mine put most people to shame! Though to Disney's credit, 90% of the time, I spend more with each change, not less. So it behooves them to leave that feature available to me! I lost access to it for a year, maybe 2. I'm positive it cost them money. If I can make the change myself, I'll see that "Oh, look, AKL is only $60 more than POR is, lets stay there instead" or "look honey, we can add CL to our BWI Standard room for only $75. We'd spend that in food, lets do it". If I can't look and see the difference for myself, I won't call to check and as such, I won't bother to make the change.

I am betting you keep spreadsheets, like I do. I project out potential discounts and track current ones to see where I'd like to stay.

I definitely tend to upgrade more often than downgrade. I've never had to use two different promos. I guess that's kind of like a split stay, but you just have to request that they let you keep the same room? I know that's not guaranteed, though.

If I lived closer to Florida, I would be doing so many more short stays.

I am betting you keep spreadsheets, like I do. I project out potential discounts and track current ones to see where I'd like to stay.

I definitely tend to upgrade more often than downgrade. I've never had to use two different promos. I guess that's kind of like a split stay, but you just have to request that they let you keep the same room? I know that's not guaranteed, though.

If I lived closer to Florida, I would be doing so many more short stays.
Yeah, you can ask to keep the same room. It's in their benefit to let you if at all possible, since it means they don't have to clean the room for guest turn over.
But this time, we are actually going to use the opportunity to change resorts too. At this point at least. We have friends joining for the 2nd trip, unless they change their mind and come earlier. Now that the AP rates are out for the 8th and on I'm going to talk to them and see if I can get them a room using my rate and maybe they can add on a few days and come earlier too.

I was thrilled with the AP discount- saved $640 on our 4 night Yacht Club stay! I know it says Sun-Thurs, but my Fri and Sat night rate was reduced from rack rate as well...weird.
Original rack rate was $502 weekdays, $543 weekends. AP rate was $326 and $434.00. I'll take it!
What are your dates?

The discounts are terrible if you can even find them. At the end of the day its not why I get an AP anyway but I remember when AP discounts were pretty amazing and plentiful. Oh well times change. Its not worth it with the parking charges to break my neck to stay on property when I can stay at Springs and get the EMH perks if I want them or I can rent points through a DVC member. Its not like the onsite resorts are a value for what you get anyway. They will just continue to move AP people off property so they can charge more to the masses willing to pay overinflated rates.

Oct 10 -14
The discounts are terrible if you can even find them. At the end of the day its not why I get an AP anyway but I remember when AP discounts were pretty amazing and plentiful. Oh well times change. Its not worth it with the parking charges to break my neck to stay on property when I can stay at Springs and get the EMH perks if I want them or I can rent points through a DVC member. Its not like the onsite resorts are a value for what you get anyway. They will just continue to move AP people off property so they can charge more to the masses willing to pay overinflated rates.

35% off weekdays and 20% off weekends is as good as it ever has been. I'm shocked, considering how booked my resort has been for months for my time frame that there was anything. AP rates are always limited and go quickly.

Last edited:
Oct 10 -14

35% off weekdays and 20% off weekends is as good as it ever has been. I'm shocked, considering how booked my resort has been for months for my time frame that there was anything. AP rates are alway limited go quickly.

I was shocked, too! I was expecting 25%, at the most, Sun-Th only. To get this 35/20 offer on some of the Deluxe Resorts is awesome!

Oct 10 -14

35% off weekdays and 20% off weekends is as good as it ever has been. I'm shocked, considering how booked my resort has been for months for my time frame that there was anything. AP rates are always limited and go quickly.
I was shocked, too! I was expecting 25%, at the most, Sun-Th only. To get this 35/20 offer on some of the Deluxe Resorts is awesome!
Shhhh... don't tell some of the Debbie Downers out there. There are those out there that claim good AP discounts are no longer found for any dates and that when they release them they pickings are so slim you can't find anything to book.

I know I was just able to move me and a friend's family from a Studio and 1 Bedroom at OKW (separate reservations) to a Savannah view 2 Bedroom at AKL, for less money by switching us both to the AP discount. I'm thrilled.

The Sept discounts are even better than those.

The Sept discounts are even better than those.[/QUOTE]
Shhhh... don't tell some of the Debbie Downers out there. There are those out there that claim good AP discounts are no longer found for any dates and that when they release them they pickings are so slim you can't find anything to book.

I know I was just able to move me and a friend's family from a Studio and 1 Bedroom at OKW (separate reservations) to a Savannah view 2 Bedroom at AKL, for less money by switching us both to the AP discount. I'm thrilled.

i totally agree with this. There are some really good AP discounts in September. I got a great AP rate at BWI in mid-September. In fact the BC and YC also had great rates for my dates (September 19-23) but this was a couple months ago.

Yup. I'm equally amazed that this discount even includes Christmas day. I could be mistaken, but I don't recall a Christmas day discount in, well, ever! I know a couple of years ago we ended up doing a before Christmas trip because rack rate on Christmas day was out of sight. I know it's frustrating when the discounts don't work with your stay, but that's just how it is sometimes. It doesn't mean they are lousy discounts.

I am an AP holder. I do have a Pop Century reservation in late October 2018. I realize that an AP room discount has been released in mid August. However, when I log in My Disney Experience website, this AP room discount is not listed among the current special offers, as such offers usually are. Does anyone understand why?

I am an AP holder. I do have a Pop Century reservation in late October 2018. I realize that an AP room discount has been released in mid August. However, when I log in My Disney Experience website, this AP room discount is not listed among the current special offers, as such offers usually are. Does anyone understand why?

Answered in the other thread...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter