Limo or Car Rental for Swan??

Lois Cooper

Earning My Ears
I have reservcd a car with National for our trip in August to the Swan Hotel. I have been reading alot about the limo services and was wondering if it is worth renting a car or just hiring a service to and from the airport. Thoughts???

Also, does the transportation offered by Disney at the Swan go to Disney Village and the various water parks or would I need a car for that should we decide to go?

Gosh, I think it would have been easier to do day trips than make all these decisions. I'm brain fried!!!

The decision to rent a car is really one of personal preference. The Swan is in a very good location. You can either walk or boat to two major parks (EPCOT & MGM). There is bus service to the MK, AK, Downtown Disney (formerly known as the Disney Village)and the waterparks. You are in easy walking distance of the Boardwalk entertainment area and of the BWI, BWV, BC, BCV, YC, and the Dolphin Hotels. Unless you plan to visit some off site attractions, you do not NEED a car.

That said, Disney transportation is not convenient if you have to travel between resorts (other than those mentioned above). To do that, you will find yourself using one of the parks or DD as a hub and transferring between buses. Cabs can be a good alternative to that if you are in a hurry. Cabs cost between $10-$15 (including tip) for most trips between resorts.

How to decide? Compare the cost of the car with the cost of the towncar/limo. Is the additional cost of the car worth the convenience to you? Only you know the answer to that.

P.S. For us, sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't! We usually only rent a car if we are planning to visit off site attractions during part of our stay.

HTH.

We normally use Happy Limo for our transportation to WDW and then rely on the Disney buses, boats, monorail, etc. to get us around the property. A while back, I attended a conference at the Swan but was staying at an offsite hotel (the Marriott) which did not offer free transportation. That was the first time I ever rented a car...got one from Avis via Priceline. But the only thing I used it for was to get to the Swan. After the conference, I'd leave it at the hotel while using Disney transportation to visit the parks in the evening. I also stayed offsite at a Downtown Disney area hotel on a quickie trip last year and rented a car again (this time Alamo via Priceline). On that trip, I never used the car at all, except to get to the hotel and to drive around Celebration. The hotel had free buses to the parks, so we used them...as you can tell, I am very lazy on vacation and hate driving! Some people feel lost without a car, but I much prefer to be a passenger.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter