"Linking" Question

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Found out yesterday my Mom (who lives in MIL apt w/me) needs surgery on knees & hips.

Adult children can stay with her in my absence (I hope), but afraid to leave country in case something happens & I need to return quickly.

Guess I'll try to extend our stay @ BWV standard. I'm unsure of what to request from MS. Don't want to move from room.

Since we'll need a place to stay until Saturday I could just book all 3 nights thru CRO, but would like to just have to stay 2 nights @ AS ;) .

I booked original res 6 months out, so I assume I could use "any" points? Confused as to whether res request (if successful) becomes 1 or they'd be 2 separate res.

TIA

I'm confused. Are you asking if you can link a CRO and points ressie? I think the answer to that is yes, you can do that. You will need to have your DVC ressie number when you book CRO (I think).

dianeschlicht said:
I'm confused. Are you asking if you can link a CRO and points ressie? I think the answer to that is yes, you can do that. You will need to have your DVC ressie number when you book CRO (I think).
No, I want to try and add one night to my existing DVC res. using points. Don't want to move into another room. Just not sure what I ask MS for...don't want to lose my existing res.

Then, I'd book cash thru CRO @ another resort (probably AS) for 2 additional nights.

Just call MS and tell them you want to add a night to your existing reservation. (Have your confirmation number handy - but I doubt you will need it). Since it is less than 7 months from arrival, you can use points from any contract to book the extra night.

Assuming there is availability for your room category and size, it shouldn't be a problem - you'll keep the same confirmation number and it will look like one seamless reservation to the resort CMs. If there isn't availability, you can waitlist - or maybe you can switch the whole thing to PV (I know it is more points, but that may be better than moving or staying at the All Stars for more nights).

Sorry about your Mom - hope the surgery goes well and that she has a quick and easy recovery.

Best wishes -

Thanks CarolMN, didn't think about switching back to Pref...DCL said they'll work w/me if I want to keep the cruise date open. Said up to 30 days before sailing I can cancel & rebook for $50 pp and up to 2 days prior for $85 pp; plus any applicable difference in cruise costs. Surprised as to their level of accommodation.

Hoping for the best for Mom, she's tough & ornery ;) already says she's not having the surgery...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter