Lions and Tigers and CGI Bears, Oh My! June '16 - COMPLETED 6/4, page 22

Nice Morning! I'm sort of planning some MK alone time for next June myself. There just may be a PM EMH calling my name and since we will be at WL, it's just a boat ride away. But I'll play it by ear.

Love Baby D's ride on mine train. How did Emily react to the video?

I love early mornings in Magic Kingdom. And riding the HM multiple times? Awesome!
My first trip to WDW was when I was 8 years old. I don't remember much about that trip but I do remember riding HM over and over with my dad. That ride is still my favorite.

Thanks for another great trip report. When I discovered dis boards I was fortunate to read your trip reports. I love the great pictures, the interesting perspective, the family stories...just really like the way you write. Thanks for taking the time. I hope your next adventures beyond WDW are filled with lots of opportunities for new experiences and great memories. Wishing you and your family all the best whatever your next adventure may be.

Binge read the whole thing and now waiting for the conclusion!

So did I! :) We are getting ready to go back home in June, so I am reading as many TR's as I can...you know, prepping and all. Looking forward to the rest of the final day!

So did I! :) We are getting ready to go back home in June, so I am reading as many TR's as I can...you know, prepping and all. Looking forward to the rest of the final day!

We are going in June too!
We are 6/3-6/11 this year. We did similar dates last year. I have a TR from then (completed) if you guys want another to read! ;) Link in my signature.

Hi, guys! Remember me?

No?

Well, that's not surprising. After all, I've been away from these Boards, and this horribly neglected Trip Report. for a long time. How long?

Too long. I lost track. But I'm back now. Hopefully, you've left the light on and the door open.

What's that?

You did?

Awesome! Thanks :) Now, where were we?

Huh.

No clue.

Ok, time to go check the TR to see where we left off! Please hold.

Thank you for holding. nilla will be back to help you a minute.

Ah, I see it now. We were at

and we were in the midst of

Oh no! What next? Will this battle turn deadly? Will we be able to escape?

Who knows? The author of this Trip Report has decided there are other things he can be doing with his time, like contemplating finishing this Trip Report, coming up with mental excuses about why he isn't finishing this Trip Report, and, ultimately, cutting the crap and just finishing this "darn" Trip Report.

Now, where were we?

Exaggerated drama from the cliffhanger at the end of the last update aside, the kids were really having fun together. By the way, that's the new lightsaber. It combines into one at the hilts. Pretty cool! Well worth the agony of getting it. Previously, on Melrose Place...

Or, rather, Coronado Springs.

Also, that scene wasn't the next one in our story. I just put it there because it made for a good close to the last update. A few things happened between me returning to CSR and that legendary duel. Starting with swimming.

If you can believe it, the girls were are the pool when I got back. And, if you can believe it, Dylan was in the room. I had to eat something anyway, so I put on my suit and walked the 100 feet or so from the room to the pool. Great location! Not many days left for it, however. Not as the Cabanas, sadly. Mixed feelings about that.

I met Kristin and Emily at the pool, but before joining them in the pool, I pop on over to Siestas (by the pool) for lunch. Fish tacos sound good! Taste, not so much. They were really bland. Not impressed. That place is usually pretty good, too. Oh well.

Into the pool I go, and it's just about game time. Kristin and I own it in "name that Disney Parks music", and then, the kids activities start. We watch Emily for a little bit, and then I decide to head back to the room. The girls are staying at the pool. I don't think there's ever enough pool time for them.

I'm back in the room by 2:00, in bed by about 2:05, and asleep by 2:06. Done. No messin' around...it's nap time. Ahhhh....

IF you remember from when I wrote my last update to this TR some 19 months ago, I was REALLY tired at MK, and REALLY tired when I got back. So a nap was PERFECT. REALLY.

I woke up around 3:30, and Kristin and Emily were STILL at the pool. Ok. Oh, and lots of CAPS in this update.

Anyway, they returned at 4:00, which is around when the epic lightsaber battle really did go down. Everyone got ready for dinner, and it was off to the Grand Floridian by 4:40. Or, at least, to the bus stop by 4:40. Now, photos!

File those under "random El Centro shots", please. Now, where were we?

Oh, yeah. The bus. We were at the stop around 4:30. The bus to MK, however, wasn't arriving until 5:00. No! We decided to get a cab instead (we're still not hip enough to do the whole Uber thing), and headed straight for the Grand Floridian. We didn't bother with the usual staircase photos (got them on Day 2), so it was straight to Narcoossee's.

We got there early, and got a quick photo in before being seated:

Now, two photos AFTER being seated:

Now, a photo of the view:

Now, a more interesting photo of the view:

But enough about that. Let's get to the food!

First, bread.

As with most bread, it's all in the butter. The Sleestack power crystals make it extra good! Or is that sea salt? Hard to tell. Now for the really good stuff.

I decided on scallops months ago. These are the best scallops I've ever had. Anywhere. We used to get the Surf and Turf, subbing scallops for the lobster tail, but the DDP doesn't allow that anymore. Nope. Too extravagant.

But no worries. I'll just get straight scallops, which is what I really wanted anyway:

I got some sort of beer, too, but I can't remember which.

Kristin went for the lobster tails.

Delicious as well!

Dylan got some sort of fruity frozen drink...

...and the filet. As you know, he's not a big steak eater, but he ate some of it. I ate the rest. Really good. As was the Mickey mac and cheese.

I don't know what Emily got. I'm guessing just mac and cheese.

The meals were fantastic! Love this place.

We've also had great service here, and this year was no exception. It couldn't be, since we had our favorite waiter of all time, Amer! Amer was our server the first time we ate here. He's hilarious, and we have a great talk with him about school and the kids' future. He has kids too, etc. etc.

Plus, he brings us dessert:

That was the candy bar. Oh my. Dylan and I got that.

Kristin got creme brulee:

Emily got s'mores:

Some of the best desserts we've had in WDW. This is my favorite restaurant here. No question.

This crane likes it, too:

He comes back every day. He even has a name! Can you guess it?

Of course you can, because anyone who was over the age of 10 in the 80's is familiar with the cast of "Cheers". And because no one can think of a more original name for a crane. Even now.

Fabulous dinner done, it was over to the Magic Kingdom. But first, let's soak in the resort.

Hey, how'd he get over here?

There he goes.

Now for some random Grand Floridian shots:

We're on a dock, because we're getting on a boat. Baby D's with us again, too. He's had quite a day.

And here we go. Bye, Grand Floridian!

Bye, Sam Malone!

Bye again, GF!

We'll miss you most of all, Polynesian.

Wait, why are we approaching the Polynesian?

Oh yeah. We have one stop before Magic Kingdom.

I want to stay here, specifically:

But not today. Bye, Polynesian dock house things!

So glad to see you're back to finish up the TR! Looks like a great dinner! I LOVE scallops, so I probably would have gotten that dish too. What is inside that candy Bar?

Nice pics of the resorts and the boat ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter