Lions and Tigers and CGI Bears, Oh My! June '16 - COMPLETED 6/4, page 22

But wait - there's more!

After essentially taking half a year off after a quick start to this Trip Report, I can't post that and say I'm done. So here are some thoughts on the trip, upcoming trips, the trip report, upcoming trip reports, and anything else I feel like commenting on. Enjoy!

* Disney never ceases to excite me. I don't think I'll ever get bored of it. I'd imagine you feel the same way, or you wouldn't be reading about someone else's trip on an internet forum. The years ahead are going to bring us so much more. I can't wait to see it. All of it. Which brings us to my next thought:

* I am really, really, REALLY going to have a hard time not going to Disney this year. Kristin, Emily, and Kristin's Mom arrive in WDW next Monday. Dylan and I won't. It's going to be tough.

* Speaking of tough, I think Dylan and I are ready to take on Philmont. The Scouts in our crew chose a "super-strenuous" trek (84 miles in 12 days, hits most of the big peaks), but I think we got this. Tiger Schulmann's and Boy Scouts have us prepared. And it's going to be an amazing time.

* Not as good as Disney, but close.

* Did I mention that I am really, really, REALLY going to have a hard time not going to Disney this year?

* Oh, and nevermind that I'm probably not going to Disney the following year, either.

* Wait, what?

* Yep. Kristin and Emily are going to the British Isles in 2018, so no Disney Trip for any of us. Probably. Maybe. You never know. We're not ruling one out, even if it's a shorter one. We'll see.

* After threatening many times to leave my more laid-back family at hit the parks by myself, I finally did it this year. Twice. The Magic Kingdom day was great (hello...repeated trips through the Haunted Mansion), but the Epcot day was just fantastic. It was Epcot exactly how I like to do it. Food while I walk, beer while I walk, outdoor entertainment, and Test Track to boot. It's not the same without the family, but in some ways, that's what's so great about it :)

* That very same Epcot day ended at one of our new favorite restaurants at WDW: Trattoria al Forno. I was unsure about it at first, but it blew my expectations away. Highly recommended! A new favorite for all of us.

* I don't know why I can never remember Dinosaur when I'm listing my favorite rides. It has to be in the top 5.

* We love Space Mountain more and more every year. Definitely a top 5, if not a top 3.

* I really grew to dislike New Soarin'. A lot. And it just opened when we were there. Sad. Kristin likes it, but I'd really love the old one back. Certainly not a top 5. Or 10. Or 15. Sadly.

* Everest at night. Wow.

* I finally saw the movie, "Avatar". My boycott is over.

* This TR took FOREVER to finish. Not proud of it. I think not going this year took a big chunk out of my motivation. But hey, it's finally finished. Almost.

* Since I'm not going this year, there won't be a 2017 Trip Report. But there will be a 2013 Trip Report. Yes, it's happening. I'm finally writing the lost TR. But it's going to be different. Remember, all I have are pictures, so I'll have to fill in a lot of blanks. And what I fill them in with won't be entirely accurate. Or even realistic. Or compliant with the laws of nature. I'm going to go completely ridiculous, and mostly ficticious, with this one. Not sure when I will start posting it, but I'm going to try to not wait too long for that. And actually finish it this year :)

Finally, thanks to everyone for reading! I hope you enjoyed it. At least a little. I had fun writing it, and the comments and feedback make it all the better.

* The Actual, We're Not Kidding End *

Good night!

Glad you came back to finish up the report - I was actually looking today to see if you had finished - found your report and found you were last on the boards in March - I was hoping everything was ok.

Yay for Kristen, Emily, and MIL taking a girls trip. I'm sure they will have fun and will miss you and Dylan at the same time. Good luck to you and Dylan on the challenge - some nice bonding time for you both.

Yay for a 2013 report - I look forward to all of the fiction you can throw in it. :-)

Hello there! Thanks for stopping in to finish your TR. And we are getting a "fake news" 2013 TR? I can't wait to read it!

That's such a bummer that there is no family Disney trip this year. I hope the girls have fun on their Disney trip and I hope you & Dylan have a fun & safe time on your Boy Scout trek.

Don't rule out a shorter Disney trip next year. Steve & I took a 3-night adults only trip last month for my birthday and it was awesome! We stayed at the Beach Club and did Epcot for 2 days and MK for 1 day. We even did the Keys to the Kingdom tour which you have got to do some day!

I enjoyed reading your report. Recently, I went back and reread some of because we're staying at the Coronado on our next trip. I wanted to look at some of the posts about the pool and dining there.

I hope your able to go back for a short trip and if not. We might take a short trip next May.

Glad to see you finished the TR!

Sorry you aren't going this year but maybe you will get that short trip or a Solo trip. We haven't been since 2014 so I am really suffering from withdraw.

Sounds like you have fun plans with Dylan and the scouts.

Great that Kristen, Emily and your MIL are having a girls trip. Is there any hope that we might get maybe a mini TR or at least a few
posts with pics from that trip?

A British Isles trip sounds fun, is it a cruise? Or a Land trip

So glad you came back and finished your TR...now I have closure! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for you to start the 2013!

Kristin is taunting me today with photos of the CSR pool and their meal at Pepper Market ;)

Kristin is taunting me today with photos of the CSR pool and their meal at Pepper Market ;)
I thought I saw her at the pool at CSR today (recognized her tattoo). I didn't say anything to her because I didn't want to seem like a creeper.

I have followed your trip reports but never commented. I like to read lots of different ones to get good touring tips. Your pics of CSR encouraged me to try it out. It's a lovely resort. Also, my husband appreciates the tip on the grapefruit beer. It is now his favorite.

Thanks for the actual, not kidding end to your TR. It's always a pleasure to read your reports, and I'd be first in line to read a totally "re-remembering" of the missing report. Imagining how perfect that trip could've been could be sublime reading! As always, I appreciate your style.

Statements like this from Kristin aren't helping me cope with the fact that I'm not there right now:

"I can't even begin to describe Flight of Passage - most beautiful and amazing ride experience of my life!!"

Well.....it is the weekend - any chance you and Dylan could get a cheap flight out tomorrow and come home on Sunday night? I'm not sure if your event with Dylan was at the same time the girls are down there. Yes....enabling here.

Another great Nilla trip report, thanks for finishing it! Sorry for no trip this year, but yay for a (ridiculous) 2013 TR!

Statements like this from Kristin aren't helping me cope with the fact that I'm not there right now:

"I can't even begin to describe Flight of Passage - most beautiful and amazing ride experience of my life!!"
We had a FP for Flight of Passage on Friday and it was amazing just like Kristin said. We actually waited in the standby line later that night to experience it again. Really cool!

Yay!! You finally came back and finished!!! I loved reading your TR!! Amazing as always, but I'm pretty sad you aren't going back this year to do a new one... I will however, be looking forward to the 2013 one! :)
That is toooo funny of Kristin to taunt you with Flight of Passage, and CSR! I'll be sure to post all about it in my December TR too. Just to coerce you guys to go again for a new TR next year. lol.

I will have to take her, and my DH's, word for it because I don't do simulator rides (Soarin' is my limit). But yes, I pretty much heard the exact same thing.

Glad you finally finished. I was in WDW when you did! We are planning to skip 2018 as well and be back for 2019 and 2020 (two trips every 3 years is the tentative schedule) but I just put a plan in place to maybe get us 2 nights and one MK park day in 2018 (just made an offer on a DVC resale contract) so don't count out the short trips. Of course we drive as we are in GA so it's a tad easier for us, plus we plan to be at the beach anyway so we would just scoot over. Anyway, I hope you can get something going for 2018!

Looking forward to the 2013 trip report!

I'm super late to this game. I've been away from the DIS WAY longer than you were. Life just got in the way. I finished your report though, and it was great as always. I'm really looking forward to the "lost" report of 2013. I'll be staying tuned! Now I've got to finish my TR that I've ignored for 10 months. We just booked our next trip for March, so I've got to get on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!