"Live from VB"........

ncligs

Registered
We arrived saturday at 1:30 at VB, we requested in the INN(7 month) top floor,direct ocean view,King bed,non-smoking, and all of our requests were met.

It is 96 miles from airport to VB,it took us an hour and a half to get there. Our room was ready when we arrived at 1:30 pm. Thanks to this board I knew about (and requested) the only 2 rooms in the INN that have 1 King bed, and we got it(luckily it was available).

It is on the 4th floor(rm 2419) with a direct ocean view from the balcony.When you take the elevator,turn left and it is a corner room.It is almost as big as a 1BR(minus the kitchen,washer,dryer).
It has a sofa,chair,coffee table and a big open space between the king bed,dresser,2 night stands 4 drawer dresser-TV on top, eating table and 2 chairs,etc.
The bathroom is separate from the mirror and vanity area. This makes it convenient for 1 person showering and another can use the mirror and vanity.
The view of the ocean is gorgeous from this room. This room is to the left of and above the Green Cabin Room if you are facing the ocean.

We ate lunch at Shutters on monday.Wife had the fish-chips,I had the hamburger.Both were very good.

On wednesday it is DVC members day. They have a desert reception in the evening in the SeaGrape Room. It is $12 a person(that includes tax and tip). All the deserts and coffe,tea,etc for that amount.
They still do the Character breakfast on Saturdays at Shutters.
The resort is booked full for this week. We had no problem getting chairs at the pool at 9:00 am. But there still was the towels over chairs and nobody there until 11:00 am to sit there.

The weather is sunny and 90 degrees the 1st 2 days.We will be here until saturday.It is our 1st time staying in the Inn and it is very nice.The complimentary washer and dryer are also right on our floor(4th).
Since it is just Cindy and I, getting the 1 King bed room has really added to this trip.

Don't know if I will be posting before we get back,if not I will answer questions,when we get back.We already have plans to get the Beach Cottage for this time next year.

P.S. I printed our boarding passes from home,had carry on luggage, went right to security and to our gate with-in 10 minutes of getting dropped of at the airport. Will be printing our boarding passes down here also. This way we always get the exit rows(more room).

Have a wonderful safe trip. If you get a chance, check out the television lounge back behind the Cannon in the old sales area. We were surprised when we saw it being used for a teen movie on our last trip, it's a nice area. I'm not sure how often it's open or used.

The desert reception sounds like a great idea, as well as the king room. Enjoy your stay and some pleasant evenings in the Green Cabin room. We'll be down in a couple of weeks, sorry we'll miss you. I would've liked to buy you a drink.

Thanks for teling us about that rom, it sounds perfect for a romantic time with DH. ooolala

Wow, that sounds incredible!! Glad you are enjoying your trip. I really think we are going to try Vero & WDW next May and can't wait. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Thanks for checking in with us during your vacation. Glad to hear that things are going so well. Don't you just love that view! Try to catch a sunrise if you can. (Okay, now I'm starting to get jealous).

I'm also glad to hear it took you 1 1/2 hours from the airport. That's roughly my drive time. I see people reporting that they make it in 1 hour or less and I was wondering if I was doing something terribly wrong. ;)

I hope you both have a wonderful "rest of the trip" and we look forward to a wrap-up.

Glad you are having a nice trip and everything fell into place along the way. Seen any dune rats? I loved VB but after we heard about the dune rats dh has been apprehensive about going back. I think it would be funny though. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Glad you checked in. Hope you enjoy your stay. Keep us posted. My next trip will be carry-ons only too so I'm happy to hear you didn't have delays or problems. Annmarie

We were in 2420 the last week in June! How about that view? I love the Inn rooms and I love the ocean view. :) Enjoy your trip!

Originally posted by ncligs
Since it is just Cindy and I, getting the 1 King bed room has really added to this trip.

I bet!!!;)

458.gif

Glad to hear you are having a great time!!!

Weather is still great here(90 -sunny-no rain at all in 4 days).Thanks for the posts everybody. Maistre Gracey I could have done with-out yours :).Anniet this is a Disney forum.;)

We asked for trash and towel service today(4th day) between 8:30 -11:00 am while we at the pool and housekeeping said no problem. We got back to the room at 11:00 am and it wasn't done. So I just made a call to the housekeeping supervisor and explained and she apologized, and gave us a full cleaning for no charge today. Other then that minor(housekeeping) problem everything else has been perfect so far. The pool hasn't been that crowded even thought the resort is full. The beaches have been not that crowded either.

Pam..........we caught the sunrise............it was great.

Will post more when we get back late saturday(7-12). :D

Thanks for the report!!!

It's good to hear your having such GOOD weather!:p

From looking at the weather channel here it looks like everyone there should be getting rained on!:rolleyes:

Hope you have a Great time and a safe trip home!

:smooth: :cool: :wave:

Candy & Bob

Do you take a small printer with you? If not how do you print out your boarding passes from there? I did this on a recent trip and loved the convenience, but on the return I had to use the Delta kiosk in the terminal. That was great, too, but still had to work your way through the crowds. Would be nice to have all done before getting to the airport. Flew Delta in June and it worked well, going to give Southwest's early check-in program a try in a couple of weeks, so we will see how that goes.

Thanks for posting your report! We have been without power here for a few days due to severe storms, so I am just catching up!

We will be at Vero in just a few weeks for the first time and are really looking forward to our stay with friends in a 2 bedroom!!

pin

Originally posted by RweTHEREyet
Do you take a small printer with you? If not how do you print out your boarding passes from there?

You can use members services desk(they will do it for you-no charge) at the VB check in desk, or if you want to use the Business Center at VB it has a printer. I used the MS at check in today to print it because The Business Center is closed for 3 weeks for renovations right now. I already have my boarding passes for tomorrow's(saturday's) flight. We will be able to drop off our rental car (National) and proceed right to the security lines because we only have carry-on luggage.

Pinnie
You will love the 2BR. We are in the INN this time, but we had a 1BR last summer and loved the space, just as much as OKW 1BR's.
As of now (friday 4:00 pm) it hasn't rained yet here in VB.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter