LIVE trip report: BLT 8/19-8/28

Following! We will be there on Friday. Its nice to here the crowds are low. We are hoping the rain clears out for teh weekend.

9/23 First half of day

We got to Animal Kingdom for about 9:05am. Crowds seemed okay to us. We got our stroller and headed to use our first fp of the day. We went on the Safari and all of the animals seemed to be out. We even got to see a baby elephant which was really cute!!

After getting off that ride we walked over to Pandora to see what all the fuss was about. Now I'm not a fan of the movie. Saw it and it was okay but really just reminded me of an adult ferngully if sorts. Wasn't my cup of tee. Pandora in WDW however, was absolutely amazing! The detail they used amazed me and I loved it!!

We had a rivers of light fastpass next so we got in the FP line and were on our boat in under 2 min. It was relaxing and very pretty. My older two kids said they felt something was missing. When it ended they said...thats it? I suppose for kids like them who haven't seen the movie perhaps they were looking for more of a storyline to it all. I thought it was fun for what it was, but the current line was 60 min and I don't think I would have waited that long for it, so glad I had a fastpass.

Now don't get too excited. We did NOT ride Fop today. But we do have a fast pass for my dh to ride it tomorrow!!! So stay tuned on that. My kids don't like rides like that and with my motion sickness I knew it was out for me. But I'll report back how he liked it. The wait for FOP while we were there was 3 hours!!!! Yikes! Rest of the park seemed real low crowd compared to Pandora.

Also, for anyone going soon. The walkway to Pandora from Africa that runs along the festival of the lion King is blocked off. It currently houses part of the Fop line. So make sure you enter Pandora from the main entrance just prior to reaching Africa!!

We went into wind traders which had quite a line for the dragons that go on your shoulder. But the rest of the shop had plenty if room to browse and they had some neat stuff so check it out!! I bought a purple Pandora zip up hoodie, because I can never have enough sweatshirts, being from CT and all....

After that we walked along some of the trails around the tree of life. Pretty uneventful.

The little one was getting cranky at this point, so we headed back to the room a little after 11. My Dh has nap duty today but I haven't figured out what I'm doing with the older two kids yet. Stay tuned for that..

Also...tonight I have special plans that I've been really excited about. Something I experienced when I was a kid with my parents, I will soon be experiencing with my own children....any guesses?

Be back to post late tonight for part two!!

Sounds like a good day!

Hmmm....I'm going to guess that you are going to do a dinner show. Maybe The Polynesian Luau?

8/23 Second half of the day!

So during the littles nap, I took the older two on the monorail and used my dd's hidden Mickey's book to find hidden Mickey's at the grand Floridian and polynesian. We ended up finding about 8 with the time we had. We also got a little side tracked now and then exploring the resorts.

After naptime we headed to Disney springs. We had dinner reservations at House of blues. I highly recommend it. Service was great, the food was delicious. I got the pulled pork sandwich and a house made orange cream soda. Both were great and best of all it was very affordable. I think it's the cheapest meal we've all had yet.

After dinner it was about 5:10pm. Yes, I know...we are early eaters. But our kids are usually in bed by 9 on vacation so we tend to eat a little earlier.

Next we headed over to the 6pm show of Cirque Du Soleil!!! This has been on my list of places to take the kids for years. I went with my parents when I was about 16 years old and loved it. I have always wanted to take my own kids ever since. Granted, in a perfect world I would have e waited until my youngest was closer to 5. But with it closing in December I knew I had to jump at the last chance I had. Our seats were great!! But let's be honest, there really isn't a bad seat in the house. My older two and husband loved it. My 3 year old enjoyed it too....he loved the clowns, I kept hearing him giggle. However, after about the first 60 min he started to go bored with all the flying through the air. So he was a little antsy the last 30 min, but it was nothing we couldn't handle!

After the show it was almost 8 so we headed back to the room. We waited forever for a bus and then of course they drop off wilderness Lodge first. So we didn't get home until closer to 9.

Overall it was a very busy and stimulating day.

We have made our vacation to Disney 10 days long the last three trips. We found it's the perfect number for us. 7 wasn't quite enough time...we still felt like we didn't have down time and more then 10 and we start wanting to get back home to the routine. So some days of our trip reports aren't as packed full but that's because we like to spread everything out and take our time. It's just how we tour....

For those of you interested in weather. It was another hot day today and it sprinkled for about 5 min. Other then that it's been sunny and clear.

My view of BLT hasn't changed much. Love the room and decor and being able to walk to MK speaks for itself. But I'm still bummed with the transportation...monorail to Epcot and sharing the buses with wilderness Lodge can be a bum. Our favorite resort, which we haven't been back to in awhile is....AKL. We love Kidani!! But we have had fun trying out all different resorts over the past few years.

Tomorrow I will finally give you the lowdown on FOP as my dh will ride! We also have dinner at our favorite restaurant.... Stick around to find out what that is!!

I would love to take a 10 day trip! I think that's the perfect amount of time. I've gotten DH up to 7 days on this next trip because each trip he realizes it isn't long enough. Hoping he sees we need a few more days after this next one!

It's been years since we've seen Cirque, and I'm sad my kiddos will never get to see it. Hoping they offer exciting new experiences on the West Side.

8/24 First half of day!

We slept in a little today and had a breakfast reservation at 1900 Park Fare. It was our first time at this restaurant. We loved all the characters. But Alice was wonderful with my daughter and all of my children had a great time joking around with the Mad Hatter. Our waitress, Helen was also wonderful. Very attentive. After breakfast we met piglet outside for our photopass photo.

We had a free morning today, as we hit the parks after naptime. So we took the boat over to the wilderness Lodge to check out all the renovations. Our boat captain Edgar was great! We joked around a little. We also stopped in the gift shop to buy our little guy an activity book. While there I stopped at the vacation club podium and I booked a tour for tomorrow to check out the DVC copper Creek on site. They will even let us tour a cabin!!! I'm looking forward to learning more about it. They also give us a $100 Disney gift card and 3 free fast passes at any park per person for taking the tour!

So then we headed back on the boat to BLT and got there a little after 11. Played a quick game of giant connect 4 on the dock there. Then we relaxed in the room for a little bit then will have a quick lunch and nap. Then my dh is taking the older two swimming.

After nap we head back to a park!

One confusing thing to note. We go thru security to get on the monorail at the hotel. Then when arriving at Epcot we need to go through it AGAIN. We don't have to do this at MK. So I'm wondering if Epcot will ever be able to separate the already secure people from the new ones. Seems strange to check us twice. Anyone know?

Thank you for adding your weather reports :) We are headed down Sunday (YAY) and I would love some good weather for next week :dogdance:

Thank you for adding your weather reports :) We are headed down Sunday (YAY) and I would love some good weather for next week :dogdance:

Today so far is again hot and sunny. No rain in sight. Overall for the past 6 days we've been here it's only rained twice. Once for 15 min and once for 5 min. So relax....don't keep checking weather updates it will only stress you out. I checked before our trip and it had high chances of rain every day and I've barely seen any. So no worries!! You might luck out too!

Thank you so much! Ha---do you know I've specifically not checked any weather reports or sites. I just don't want to know in advance, hoping for the best though :)
I figure, we are going anyway, and a wet day there is better than a dry one at home, LOL.
I appreciate your reports, so excited to get there FINALLY!!!!!!

This is an awesome idea, a live report- love it! Just wondering how you are doing this- just from the website on your phone? There isn't an app I'm missing is there? Thinking of doing the same for our trip in October as I love reading all of these and the picture part stresses me out!

This is an awesome idea, a live report- love it! Just wondering how you are doing this- just from the website on your phone? There isn't an app I'm missing is there? Thinking of doing the same for our trip in October as I love reading all of these and the picture part stresses me out!

I'm doing it from my phone just using the regular website. I update at nap or on a long bus ride and then again at night after the kids are in bed, before I go to sleep. It works out pretty well actually!

8/24 Second half of day!

After nap we headed back over to Animal Kingdom again. This time we rented a double stroller and our 10 year old sat next to our 3 year old. We also gave them a map ...for some reason I hadn't thought of that before. But having them sitting together (they are buddies) and giving them the map to keep them busy helped immensely with my 3 year olds crankiness.

First up we went on the Maharaja jungle trek. The younger two loved the maps and figuring out where we were and finding all the animals. One of the tigers had 2 Cubs a few days ago and if your interested in seeing them I was told they wouldn't likely have them out until January sometime.

We then went to our dinner reservation at my favorite restaurant on property, yak & yeti. I ordered the chicken lo mein which I love. My oldest ordered it too for the first time and he also enjoyed it!! I also tried the cherry limeade Sprite drink. It was delicious.

When we finished up eating I had a fastpass for me and the 3 kids for Navi river journey for the second time. While my DH used his fastpass for flight of passage at the same time. We were done first. So I went to the meeting place but my dh wasn't there after awhile. The wait for FOP was 270 min, because two of the theatres were down.

A woman standing nearby had told me the fastpass wait could be up to 1 hour. My kids weren't going to last that long waiting. So I brought them to nearby Satuli canteen for some dessert. My oldest two had the chocolate cake. I had the blueberry cake, because I had read reviews that it was the better of the two. It sure didn't disappoint. Not only was it really neat looking but it was yummy and was very light on my stomach.

While eating my dh finally came out. His fp time was 5:45 and he came out of the ride around 6:20. So not as bad as I thought it would be, which was good. He loved it! If you knew my dh you would know his range of emotions as far as excitement goes, is very small. I have never seen him so excited about something. So it was very good and he recommends it for everyone! He said you can even feel the dragon breathing underneath you as you ride and the harder the dragon is working the faster it breathes. Sounds neat. But definitely not my thing as aside from my motion sickness I'm also afraid of heights... I know. I sound boring!

We also listened to the natives who play the music in Pandora with the drums etc and they were very good with the show they put on.

After this we went through some gift shops, to look for gifts for some friends. We didn't come out with anything this time.

Then we headed out of the park and we will get back to our hotel around 8 or so. Kids will be in bed shortly after.

Tomorrow is another full day with an 8am EMH MK opening!! Wish me luck.

good luck! and I'm so enjoying this live reporting. I might do the same when I go in October. Sleep tight!

Enjoying the updates. Live reporting makes me realize how much time can pass before I get caught up on the Dis. Sounds like you are having a great trip - I'm missing being there. We really enjoy Kidani as well - After our first trip DH wanted me to book there again. After 2 trips, he doesn't even want to consider another resort.

@DisneyElite4 - looks like our ticker dates are the same. Cheers to vacation! (although - ours will not be at WDW this year).

Great evening at AK! I took a girls trip in July with my sister, aunt and her best friend just to visit AK - we also loved FOP and eating at Sa'tuli Canteen!

Can I ask what your sleeping arrangements are in the 1-bedroom villa? We also have three kids and we are staying at SSR, so I'm interested to hear how others do that. This is our first trip with all three of our kids.

Do you find your youngest to be crankiest at a certain part of the day on the trip? Great idea with the map!

Great evening at AK! I took a girls trip in July with my sister, aunt and her best friend just to visit AK - we also loved FOP and eating at Sa'tuli Canteen!

Can I ask what your sleeping arrangements are in the 1-bedroom villa? We also have three kids and we are staying at SSR, so I'm interested to hear how others do that. This is our first trip with all three of our kids.

Do you find your youngest to be crankiest at a certain part of the day on the trip? Great idea with the map!

My DH and I are sleeping in the king in the bedroom. My youngest is on the pullout chair in the living room because the arms of the chair work as good bed rails so he doesn't fall out. My 13 and 10 year old share the pullout couch bed. Yes....they are boy/girl, and don't love doing it. But we typically bring a sleeping bag and one sleeps under the covers and the other on top of the bed in the sleeping bag. It seems to work pretty well.

To be honest, as long as my 3 year old naps he's pretty happy most of the time. The map and double stroller have stopped the silly whining about being hungry or bickering with his siblings. We know many people kids that they nap in strollers etc. But we have always gone back to the room for lunch and nap and it's worked well for us to keep the schedule we have at home. We are always still able to get everything done that we want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter