Delete Thread

8oOPmWol.jpg
I love their flatbreads. Everything I ate there was amazing when I went a few months ago. Your food looks delicious.

These crazy drinks are a must. This looks so good!

I'm sorry that Teak wasn't that great after all the amazing reviews. I totally know what you mean though...about how sometimes the atmosphere isn't what you are expecting. I even find that sometimes the menu that looked great online....just doesn't seem all that when you actually get there ready to eat lol...

That avocado bruschetta looks amazing!

It was!

I'm sorry that Teak wasn't that great after all the amazing reviews. I totally know what you mean though...about how sometimes the atmosphere isn't what you are expecting. I even find that sometimes the menu that looked great online....just doesn't seem all that when you actually get there ready to eat lol...

Yeah, it was a little disappointing...it's so weird when the menu looks amazing online and then the place is just not at all what you expected at all.

Sorry you spilled your milkshake. That is always sad.

At least there was still a lot of it left.!I was mostly annoyed about how sticky my pants got :rotfl:

I love the way you guys venture out and try different things all around the Orlando area. Sorry BTS wasn't all that, but I'm sure you have discovered some real gems too!! That sandwich looked interesting...maybe if it was a snack size lol!! Glad the mozzarella sticks to the rescue!!!

We went to what I presume was the same restaurant in Key West a few years back and we didn't even stay. As you said the decor is so cheesy and cliche there was nothing romantic about it. It was like they googled romantic restaurant decor and just put in everything that came up in the first 20 suggestions :-)

Oh awesome! I've still never tried a burger there. I keep thinking maybe that'll be the thing I like, but then I'm never in the mood for one when we get there :rotfl: which is strange because a burger is usually like my default order if I can't find anything else I want.
Nothing was really speaking to me looking through the menu that night. I think I would have liked it more if it had been more what I expected... It said pineapple chutney in the description. I'm not a big pineapple eater, like I won't eat it by itself, but I do like pineapple salsas and such so I thought it'd be like that, and that would go well on the burger. But it was just really big chunks of plain pineapple :confused3 I looked through some pictures on google and they look more like what I thought, so maybe it was just because it was so late. Oooh, but I really love the Tochos, I think I could just get those as a meal!
Josh says that too! I tried it once, and I didn't care for it that much but Josh loves it.
I haven't tried Zack's ever. I'm an alfredo fan, but I make my own at home a lot too, so... I feel like I should get something else on vacation unless it's a fancy Italian place or something
so we decided to get dessert first.
What is life without dessert first?
Just so you know the theming isn't why I chose this restaurant,
it was the fact that it only served dessert and I thought that was pretty cool :rotfl:
:rotfl: I had to look it up, the photos on the website made me giggle
We took the food back to the room where we consumed it while watching The Rookie (anyone else watching that?) It's a new show about the LAPD with Nathan Fillon in it, it's very dramatic and I kind of love it :laughing:
I've been meaning to look this up... My grandpa keeps asking if I watch it, and I just recently realized it had Nathan Fillion in it and I loved him in Castle (even though I ugh, didn't finish the series).
These were delicious as mozzarella sticks always are. If you've noticed a random theme from my DTR's and TR's it's that when I only want a small something to eat I choose mozzarella sticks every time :rotfl: Really hits the spot I guess. I don't know if I've ever had a bad mozzarella stick. I've actually had these before the last time we stayed at Portofino so I knew they'd be good.
Mozzarella sticks are my go-to also! Obviously you need a fork for each mozzarella stick.

I have a weird thing about mixing sweet and savory on dinner foods :rotfl: The totchos sound good, but I'm not a fan a big fan of chorizo and pork belly (I can't remember if one or both is in them) so I've never ordered them.
I'm usually not a sweet/savory fan either. I just have a few things I'll eat really, but that night I felt like it sounded like it would work well, so that was extra disappointing. I won't really eat much in the way of Asian food ie Chinese because I think it all tastes sweet. It makes Zack sad because I won't go to his favorite Chinese place - I just tell him it's okay because then we're not supporting a criminal - the guy got busted last summer for the second time for growing marijuana illegally.

I have the same taste in tv shows as grandpa's :laughing: I never got into Castle, but I did like Flrefly and some movies he's in so I started watching The Rookie when I heard about it. (I'm actually not sure how I did because I don't have cable, maybe he posted about it on Instagram or something).
I've always meant to watch Firefly, I need to make a list so I remember these!

You should have called this trip Our eating vaca...So much food, but it all looks so good!!! I'm sorry some of it wasn't that great. And, Yes, cheesy mozz sticks are always the bomb!!!!

There was R&B playing, low lighting, curtains on the boots, small tables, everything was kind of a reddish pink or dark color. I don't know it just seemed like a parody of a romantic place to me like I said almost comical? Right down to the menu descriptions and names. But I'm pretty sure the owners are serious about this being a romantic spot.
:scared1: Yikes, I may have had a hard time keeping a straight face :laughing:

You'll also notice another DTR or TR theme is that Josh's idea of a light snack is an entire QS pizza :laughing:
:rotfl:

We were laughing really hard, like did they think this was so much food we had to be sharing it with a ton of people? What did they think we'd even need a fork for? :lmao:
:rotfl: That's hysterical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter