Lizards and such

OKW Lover QUOTED
"Lizards (geckos) in FL have no fear of heights. Being on the second floor or higher makes no difference to them. Just keep the door closed."

They also could be "AMERICAN ANOLES"

I see them everywhere. I want to catch them for fishing bait. The brown ones are invasive. I don't even use live bait but there are so many of them.

It is upsetting to upset someone named Disney loving Iowan. My apologize if it contained too much details. But invasive species are a real issue. I've been donating well over 100 a year to wildlife for the past 20 years. Learned the hard way about over population. Also learned about over farming the hard way and how delicate the balance is. My dad was a poacher so that gave me a lot of first hand experience into just how bad some of these things are. I learned what it was we had a huge fall out. Lost the only one had my back in the deep woods and forested.

Some years my donations aren't as high as I like but I still try. That doesn't include the volunteer hours. But this is all getting off subject. Just saying that I did not mean to offend anyone.

It is upsetting to upset someone named Disney loving Iowan. My apologize if it contained too much details. But invasive species are a real issue. I've been donating well over 100 a year to wildlife for the past 20 years. Learned the hard way about over population. Also learned about over farming the hard way and how delicate the balance is. My dad was a poacher so that gave me a lot of first hand experience into just how bad some of these things are. I learned what it was we had a huge fall out. Lost the only one had my back in the deep woods and forested.

Some years my donations aren't as high as I like but I still try. That doesn't include the volunteer hours. But this is all getting off subject. Just saying that I did not mean to offend anyone.
Oh no I am sorry if by putting that emoji that you thought I was offended and that you had to explain and apologize. That wasn't my intent. I understand how things work when it comes to nature but I still feel bad for the animals even when it has to be done. I honestly wasn't judging you or trying to make you feel bad. I'm sorry about that.

My kids LOVE lizards! It’s seriously a highlight on any trip to the south, as we have no wild ones up north (though we have a leopard gecko and a bearded dragon as pets). We would be super excited to have a lizard visit us in our room, but usually have to settle for trying to catch them outside.

lizards I have no problem with as we have the little blue tailed skinks here. One year in the fall we stayed at CBR and the room was over run by red caterpillars. One fell in my hair from the ceiling. I was done after that.

We had one in our room on our last trip in 2018. We were in a second floor room at POR. We tried to get it out ourselves, but it was too quick for us. We called the front desk and they sent someone to our room. He literally caught it in a minute. He said he had a lot of experiences as this happens quite frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!