Lobster at Coral Reef?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
Is the Chef's Special Whole Stuffed Maine Lobster included on the Dining Plan? If so, has anyone had this? I'm trying to decide between this and Chevs de France.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, when there was lobster on menus in the past, it was NOT included for the dining plan. Always confused me why there would be dishes on a menu you couldn't order, but that's what I remember reading. I'd say go into it with the expectation it isn't incuded and then if it is be pleasantly surprised.

If I remember correctly, when there was lobster on menus in the past, it was NOT included for the dining plan. Always confused me why there would be dishes on a menu you couldn't order, but that's what I remember reading. I'd say go into it with the expectation it isn't incuded and then if it is be pleasantly surprised.
Thanks! If no lobster I'll probably stick with my Chefs ADR, I like their price fixe menu but was considering Coral Reef just to try the stuffed lobster tail.

Usually, if an item is not included as a dining plan option it will be clearly stated on the menu. Have you checked out the menus on the Disney website?

Yes it was included in the dining plan. The server made a point of telling us that (we didn’t order it but the family right next to us did and they were on the dining plan).
Thanks for the confirmation, now I'll need to decide!

Yes it was included in the dining plan. The server made a point of telling us that (we didn’t order it but the family right next to us did and they were on the dining plan).

Woohoo! Great news since it sounds fabulous. Also, makes my CP package a little more cost effective. LOL

Usually, if an item is not included as a dining plan option it will be clearly stated on the menu. Have you checked out the menus on the Disney website?

I knew it would be on the actual menu, but wasn't seeing any notations any place and I wasn't sure if they would put that type of note on the online menu.

I took the plunge and changed my Chefs ADR for Coral Reef. It's probably been at least a decade since I've eaten there so something "new" for me. Thanks for the help!

I don't remember Lobster on the menu during our trip last year. You can get a whole Lobster dinner for 1 credit at Ale & Compass in the YC. It's a short walk from Epcot.

Ale and Compass now charges a surcharge for the lobster (or doesn’t allow it-can’t recall exactly). I do remember that I was kind of bummed.

I don't remember Lobster on the menu during our trip last year. You can get a whole Lobster dinner for 1 credit at Ale & Compass in the YC. It's a short walk from Epcot.

If I'm correct this just came on the menu like in the last month or two.

Ale and Compass now charges a surcharge for the lobster (or doesn’t allow it-can’t recall exactly). I do remember that I was kind of bummed.

That's what I was thinking before. I know when I was first watching for the CP package, the discussion was that lobster wasn't included. I guess I'll find out for sure next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!