Loews card room upgrade

NoleLover

Earning My Ears
I have a question about the posts I have seen regarding a room upgrade with the Loews card. I have received my Loews card, and I called US and asked if I could get an upgrade if available. They told me that the upgrade only applies to business class rooms, and they have no such rooms, therefore there is no upgrade available. Anyone who might know more information about this, please let me know. Thanks.

I think to get an upgrade to a suite you have to have a gold or platuim card from lowes and the charges are $35 a night if available at check in. If you use your american express card i believe that would qualify you for an upgrade as well. They do have upgrades and will give them at the front desk if available.

I have always gotten an upgrade at the HRH and Portofino. I book a standard garden view and have been upgraded to deluxe pool view, standard pool view, and also a club room on one occassion. I have also used the $35 suite upgrade and got a kid's suite for under $200. Now I am a gold member and get incentive postcards frequently. The holiday one I got is for a free suite upgrade and I hope to use in February during our next stay.

The check in staff is quite familiar with the Loews card upgrade s ystem and they will usually try and do it but you really have to ask. Also, I have found checking in later in the day helps because the standard rooms are usually all filled by then and they have the more expensive premium rooms available (like club level, suites, etc)

Don't ask for the upgrade until you check in...even though the info says do it when you book. We have always gotten the upgrade at the Portofino if available.

The front desk did tell me the last time we were there (mid-november)...that they were cracking down and unless you book through loews directly...you were no longer going to be eligible for the upgrade. They were not going to be offering it for the entertainment/internet discounted rates anymore. He did not give me an actual starting date of this new program.

webray, is right. The fact is that the UO hotels have become very popular (as has UO in general).

The good deals of the past few years were intended, partly at least, to help get the word out about how great the properties are. Now that people seem to be getting that message, I would expect the really great deals to become fewer and fewer.

But even at "regular" rates, the UO hotels still offer a better deal than comparable accommodations at the WDW resorts.

this may be a stupid question, but how much do they generally charge you to upgrade? Or are you saying these are free upgrades with a loews card? (which i just got.) I have already booked HRH garden view for April for 6 nights.:confused:

Originally posted by kellymonaghan
But even at "regular" rates, the UO hotels still offer a better deal than comparable accommodations at the WDW resorts.

Hmmm, don't think I would agree with that statement! Perhaps if you said "may offer" or if you compared UO discounted rooms to Disney rack rates. However, I have managed incredibly cheap rates for awesome villas and concierge level rooms at Disney resorts, which would come out much better than UO regular rates.

Really? The chaepest I've ever seen a Disney concierge go for is around $250.00 or so. What kind of deals have you gotten Sharper?

Yep, if you can get a deluxe/concierge room at disney for less than $250 a night...I want to know how as well.

It would have to be concierge to even compare with the PBH. Disneys regular deluxe rooms compare to RPR.

We stayed at the Polynesian concierge (garden view) from December 19th through the 23rd for $198 per night. I had the opportunity for AKL concierge for $229, but couldn't get all four nights and did not want to change hotels on this trip. I don't usually stay concierge unless I can get a really good rate, but what with AAA, annual passholder, Disney Club and DVC I have access to lots of discounts. Actually I think this last trip was a discount offered to the public, but I can't recall the name of it at the moment -- "Embrace the Magic" maybe? It was available at the Disneyworld website for only a day or two during the latter part of October.

I haven't heard any reports of PBH concierge, but have heard that HRH concierge is not as nice as Disney concierge. I expect I will find out after our trip in May. My personal first choice are villas and I would happily forego concierge to have separate living areas and that is generally what we now stay in at Disney.

Originally posted by Sharper

I haven't heard any reports of PBH concierge, but have heard that HRH concierge is not as nice as Disney concierge. I expect I will find out after our trip in May. My personal first choice are villas and I would happily forego concierge to have separate living areas and that is generally what we now stay in at Disney.

I wish I had heard of the POLY for $198.00 that's a great deal
I think the HRH club is definately equal to most of the Disney concierge. The rooms & lounge is much nicer. The only good Disney concierges are the AKL #1!! And the POLY. I just had friends check out of the GF main concierge because it was so bad & then moved over to AKL.
I stay at the RP club, and love it, mainly because of the staff there. The food offerings are not as good as the AKL or Poly but better then all the others at WDW.

What does the RPR club level offer as far as food in the lounge? We stayed at Poly concierge last month and the food offerings were great! Can't decide between RPR and HRH club level for our December trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter