loews portofino bay hotel still not opened?

I just called about my 9/22-9/26 reservation (never received email so thank you for this forum that gave me the heads up). Was told Portofino closed until at least 12/31 (so much for spending our christmas week but understandable). Got moved to HRH and pet friendly room (garden view). About $40-$50 less per night than Portofino would of been. We have not eaten at any of the HRH restaurants so maybe we will give one a try (although i will miss my Mama Della's dinner).

I never received a notification but thanks to the information on this thread I had made a second "just in case" reservation using APH for club level at Royal Pacific. I had booked PBH through American Express and when I called today and asked them to check on my reservation they said that the hotel would indeed be closed and I was not offered an alternative other than cancelling. HOLY COW. So glad I had the back up reservation already as all of the APH pricing is gone for my dates now.

Yeah - just an FYI - might be a glitch while they work things out - but I am seeing only CB and Endless Summer for dates in December.

So if you find something for your dates book it or it might not be available.

Update: Looks like its just the first two weekends in December - might be related to the Orlando Informer Event

Last edited:
I received an email yesterday stating that I had an upcoming reservation that has been affected due to Loews Portofino temporarily suspending operations. I am planning on a December trip. Called and this was confirmed. It required a hotel cancellation and new booking.

I received an email yesterday stating that I had an upcoming reservation that has been affected due to Loews Portofino temporarily suspending operations. I am planning on a December trip. Called and this was confirmed. It required a hotel cancellation and new booking.
They weren’t able to just modify your resort? I received an email for my PBH October stay and it says they want to “assist with modifying” my reservation. I haven’t called yet to see what my options are.

Well, yes. They helped me modify, but had to cancel PBH and rebook RPR. A refund and new deposit.

Well, yes. They helped me modify, but had to cancel PBH and rebook RPR. A refund and new deposit.
My hope was they could just modify the hotel and use my existing deposit, but it seems they didn't give you that option. Just easier to not have to get a refund a lay out a new deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!