loews portofino bay hotel still not opened?

I read that they expect more bookings by October which would mean pbh could be open them.

Only thing that has been released at this point is pbh closed for all of August

contact them by the end of this month and ask if you are still locked in for Pb for October.

Attendance for September usually is lower but October and better weather will gain more bookings.

I read that they expect more bookings by October which would mean pbh could be open them.

Only thing that has been released at this point is pbh closed for all of August

contact them by the end of this month and ask if you are still locked in for Pb for October.

Attendance for September usually is lower but October and better weather will gain more bookings.
Thanks. Any idea where they've moved the August bookings to?

For some that were relocated in July, it was Hard Rock or Royal Pacific

I would have to read back to posts for homies that were relocated for this month.

Thanks. Any idea where they've moved the August bookings to?

For our July trip I had to call in and change the reservation. You have a choice between RPR and HRH. We chose HRH because the rooms were slightly bigger (though not as big as PBH). We were given a garden view room at the rate we were being charged at PBR ($40 less/night than HRH) and were also given a $50 dining credit we could use at the hotel.

Could’ve sworn I saw PBH listed to book for end of November yesterday

I saw it available for booking for mid-December this morning when I was checking to see if AP rates had gone down for our trip. We have a club level room booked at RPR but if I decide to drop club I'd much rather have the extra room space at Portofino. I just don't know if it would be feasible to reopen PBH after closing Aventura and Sapphire Falls.

I’m reading threads now that PB will not be open until much later.
One poster mentioned an opening of January.

?????

Adventura and S falls also will be unavailable for bookings

For how long, no idea

I’m reading threads now that PB will not be open until much later.
One poster mentioned an opening of Januar
Speculation sort of threads or do the posters actually have some inside info? After the last unfounded rumor the parks would be closing a few days a week, taking it all with a huge grain of salt lol

Just checked the website, I’m seeing PBH booking availability from beginning of October in December.

I plan to call Loews later today and get info

I know changes are being made by Loews to close some hotels and offering guests relocations with a better rate

at anytime bookings increase, Loews may reopen another
onsite hotel

We have a reservation for the middle of September and haven't heard from them, but I guess it's not looking good. Saw another thread where someone said RPR was at capacity this weekend, so I'm thinking maybe we should be more pro-active figuring out what we're going to do.

Checked into Sapphire Falls this morning & our APH rate had decreased by $20/night. Brandon at the front desk very kindly & quickly applied the new rate for us, so check right up until you leave for a better rate!

I have reservations for Portofino 9/22-9/26 and have not heard a word from them that my reservation is cancelled/moved to another hotel. My issue is that my reservation states i'll be bringing my two dogs (who love the Portofino as we bring them on every trip). I believe both Hard Rock and Royal Pacific also have pet friendly rooms. Anyone have thoughts on which of the two are best for my fur babies? We get the bay view room so they can look out during the day at Portofino. Thanks in advance (also should i wait until i hear from Portofino or call and see what's up?).

I just posted on the 'SF closed' thread that I had a reservation at Aventura for early Dec for the OI meetup. Got an email from OI that all guests with the group reservations are being moved from Endless Summer Dockside to Surfside, from Aventura to CBBR, from SF to RPR, and from PBH to HRH. So they may be thinking those will be closed in Early Dec anyway.

We brought our dog for our last trip (January, 2020). We were put on the ground floor of Tower 2. Our view out the window was of the water/lagoon which actually wasn't a bad view though other than seeing the water and vegetation there wasn't much else to see. I think if you get the other side, you'd have a view of the Croquet lawn or the Pet walking area. Note in the week we were there (Late January) we never saw anyone else in the Pet walking area.

So in general, they (and you) probably won't see a lot of people from your room windows.

Have never brought a dog to HRH. So don't know where their "pet" rooms are.

I just posted on the 'SF closed' thread that I had a reservation at Aventura for early Dec for the OI meetup. Got an email from OI that all guests with the group reservations are being moved from Endless Summer Dockside to Surfside, from Aventura to CBBR, from SF to RPR, and from PBH to HRH. So they may be thinking those will be closed in Early Dec anyway.
Yeah - its not looking good IMO - I guess if they have a ton of booking for the holidays they can always decide to open one

I just called to try to book PBH for December and was told that they were not taking any bookings for PBH this year. They are taking bookings starting January 1 but was told that didn't mean the hotel would definitely be open yet.

Will remain closed for the rest of 2020 officially. Probably longer though on an unofficial viewpoint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!